Any FC release time info ?

The MFC is a very capable MIDI controller and as such is able to control the III. What you'll miss is the indication of tempo, tuner display, preset names (you can enter these manually), indication of the presence/absence of effect blocks in presets, on/off states of effect blocks in presets, and TotalSync.

You can use the MFC via MIDI. I spent the weekend setting mine up with the III. Got it setup for presets, scenes, a couple of IA switches, Tap tempo button and a tuner button to bring up the tuner on the III which is beautiful by the way.
How are you powering the MFC? That's my main gripe with having to use the mfc with the 3. I've gotten use to the luxury of the fas link cable. I hate midi cables and power supplies!

How are you powering the MFC? That's my main gripe with having to use the mfc with the 3. I've gotten use to the luxury of the fas link cable. I hate midi cables and power supplies!
Ya, gotta go old school and use the power supply for power. I haven't put the MFC on a pedalboard yet but I'll just put a power strip under the board and have a little MIDI/ extension cord snake running from the board to the rack. Until the FC's come out of course.

I'm with you andyp13 . I'm on the wait list as well. But not having a controller for it makes me think twice about purchasing the Axe 3 until a foot switch is available. With not having a midi controller at all I don't want to purchase one until the right one is available.
Will hope for an answer soon.
I'll use it at home until the FC comes out.

Fractal you guys are awesome. Feedback on the foot switch please.

That being said. I'm a patience man.
I know it won't be release until you got it right. That's what you guys do best.

Seems the white elephant in the room is a very expensive guitar unit with no dedicated F.C.?
As soon as the F.C. is released - I will order a III - can’t wait.... unless of course it can’t do the things I use my MFC for which is controlling external effects as well as the Axe fx.

Read the MIDI block info in the AxeFX III manual. From what we know, the FC is a “dumb” terminal so all of the information is generated by the AxeIII. The FC just responds to the information sent to it by the AxeIII.

Read the MIDI block info in the AxeFX III manual. From what we know, the FC is a “dumb” terminal so all of the information is generated by the AxeIII. The FC just responds to the information sent to it by the AxeIII.

If that is the case then Fractal have gone backwards and not forwards..... unbelievable and disappointing to say the least...

I'm hesitant to say they have gone backwards before all the information is revealed.

Personally, I like this approach. That means that the footswitch can totally reconfigure itself based on the preset. A small 6-switch controller with scribble strips that responds to the blocks in the preset is a lot better than a big controller, IMO. I had a Liquid Foot+ JR+ with the AxeII. I was amazed at how much I was able to get out of it compared to the rather limited MFC. The capabilities of the MIDI block is what will make or break this for people needing to control external devices. From reading the AxeFX III manual, it appears that it will do everything I will ever need, but that does not mean that it will met the needs of others. I guess time will tell...

I think this approach is good...IF you need midi there are some options for a smaller midi footprint device...
many 2, 3, 4, ....and on button midi controllers. I would maybe rather have an external one if needed and a nice small powerful axe FC myself.

Now that I have my AxeII, I'm ready for more information about the FC price and availability... If it's going to be months, I'll pick up a MIDI controller to hold me over. If it's going to be "soon", I can wait...

I know its frustrating the lack of details BUT those switches were just mock ups, who knows when they were created , maybe last year
I have a strong feeling that elements of the design may have changed since then , different parts perhaps ,so I think thats why they are not talking about them

I would also love it if there was not a second waitlist .I feel that FAS knows who bought the 3 and who didn't .it would be easier to send a quick email to those guys saying hey do you want to add a Fc6 or FC12 or an EV1 or 2 .

the second waitlist is just going to open the door to have a ton of people buying the footswitch to sell at an inflated price to the owners that are waiting .its happened with the 3 @ 2500 I can't imagine if the switches are $500-600 how many scalpers will buy .

If that is the case then Fractal have gone backwards and not forwards..... unbelievable and disappointing to say the least...
In one respect maybe... in that the FC has to be connected to the III to do anything whereas the MFC can work with other gear on it's own. But really, if you're using a III with an FC the midi capability of controlling external gear is all there.

I know its frustrating the lack of details BUT those switches were just mock ups, who knows when they were created , maybe last year
I have a strong feeling that elements of the design may have changed since then , different parts perhaps ,so I think thats why they are not talking about them

I would also love it if there was not a second waitlist .I feel that FAS knows who bought the 3 and who didn't .it would be easier to send a quick email to those guys saying hey do you want to add a Fc6 or FC12 or an EV1 or 2 .

the second waitlist is just going to open the door to have a ton of people buying the footswitch to sell at an inflated price to the owners that are waiting .its happened with the 3 @ 2500 I can't imagine if the switches are $500-600 how many scalpers will buy .

I agree with you 100% on the FC waitlist.

Regarding the FC design and the mock-up that’s on the website, Cliff did say in a post that they received the initial units but that they did not arrive in time for photos. It could be that some redesign was necessary and that’s the holdup... I had never considered that, but it’s all speculation at this point. Let’s hope that more info and the release is not too far off. I really don’t want to pick up a midi controller to hold me over.

In one respect maybe... in that the FC has to be connected to the III to do anything whereas the MFC can work with other gear on it's own. But really, if you're using a III with an FC the midi capability of controlling external gear is all there.

I sure hope so :)

Back
Top Bottom