Cliff, has it been hard keeping this a secret?

firmani99

Inspired
How long have you been working on the III? It must have been agonizing to not be able to tell anyone. Were you anxious when it was finally time to make the announcement? There must have been some energy in the air at FAS when the info was released.

I believe Cliff powers his NDA through the Force.........”this is not the dream guitar unit you’ve been testing..”

He kinda has one, but it's actually a sim. Impossible to tell the difference once the cathode followers are adjusted. But you'd be surprised how much difference the right case material makes :)
Awesome ...erase the memory of an entire crappy set/audience with a touch of your TBA stompbox.

When I received my beta-test unit, I was totally pumped. So much coolness. It answered so many questions that were being discussed on the forum right now. So many Wish List items fulfilled. So many cool things that the Wish List never even thought of. So many people saying “There’s no way they can make a more powerful Axe-Fx!” — and I had one right here!

I had to bite my tongue so many times as things came up on the forum. I had to keep it under wraps when folks came over to play guitar or just to visit. I wanted to show it off so badly. Now I can! :D

Last edited:
When I received my beta-test unit, I was totally pumped. So much coolness. It answered so many questions that were being discussed on the forum right now. So many Wish List items fulfilled. So many cool things that the Wish List never even thought of. So many people saying “There’s no way they can make a more powerful Axe-Fx!” — and I had one right here!

I had to bite my tongue so many times as things came up on the forum. I had to keep it under wraps when folks came over to play guitar or just to visit. I wanted to show it off so badly. Now I can! :D
How do you get to be a beta tester? That’s pretty cool.

Just one , dirty , little secret , to keep from all you nice people.

..... @Admin M@ , I'm joking.

I actually learned about the III from a @2112 YouTube post.. I was watching a couple of Leon's videos on YouTube , since I've never seen them before , when I came upon his (Reaction To Axe-Fx III ) video.
I was like , Whaaaaat ? III ?
Skipped over to the FAS site , and was shocked. I couldn't believe all you guys on the forum that are ( in the know ) we're able to carry on like nothing is new around here.

Last edited:
How do you get to be a beta tester? That’s pretty cool.
I'm not the one who decides that. But everyone I know who was invited to be a beta tester had already established a long history of being an active, helpful and respectful contributor on the forum, being knowledgeable, and admitting the limits of their knowledge.

That, and they have to have reason to trust you to keep a secret. For months. Sometimes years. ;)

What did he do first say" I'll add the axe3 discussion area first then wait as the thumbs scatter like rats on thier screens in sheer panic lol. Must be a great feeling.

How long ago did you get your Axe III test unit Rex?

Back
Top Bottom