AX8 Firmware 9.03 Released

I think you should have done a hard reset of the amp block when updating from 9.02 to 8.02. You do not need to reset the amp block updating from 9.02 to 9.03, but since you haven't done that yet, try it on a preset and you will likely hear a significant difference.
can you please guide me how to hard reset the amp block?

Having trouble downloading the version 3 for some reason. Comes in as a PDF versus exe.(?) on my Windows 10 while all the other downloads are ok.
Version 3?
9.03 comes as a .zip file with a release notes pdf and .syx files

Version 3?
9.03 comes as a .zip file with a release notes pdf and .syx files
Yep, it's the syx file that's a pdf as well. I do know it's my computer, but the other 2 downloads are ok? Just not sure why. I even put them on a thumb drive from work and pulled them off, and did the same thing. I have to find out what's up with my windows 10. I fixed the exe file reg this morning, but I can't seem to find out what;s happening with the sys files. Thanks!

My Fractal-bot works great. I just can't get the sys file into for upgrade. I did use it to backup tho. Thanks!
Are you saying that there’s no .SYX file in the zip file? Or something else?

Are you saying that there’s no .SYX file in the zip file? Or something else?
No, the file that's supposed to be a system file is a pdf. It's like file explorer isn't detecting it? But the Fractal-bot and AX8-Edit works great.

No, the file that's supposed to be a system file is a pdf. It's like file explorer isn't detecting it? But the Fractal-bot and AX8-Edit works great.
Does the PDF file contain the release notes? If so, then that file is supposed to be there. There should also be a .SYX file. Maybe you have Windows configured to hide .SYX files.

Does the PDF file contain the release notes? If so, then that file is supposed to be there. There should also be a .SYX file. Maybe you have Windows configured to hide .SYX files.
Yes, it has the release notes and the file that should be a .STX file is a pdf. I've tried everything over 3 days now. I know it's something simple, I just don't know what it is! Lol Thanks!

Yes, it has the release notes and the file that should be a .STX file is a pdf. I've tried everything over 3 days now. I know it's something simple, I just don't know what it is! Lol Thanks!
You have to change the extension from the file to the syx

.STX? Do you mean .SYX?

What do you get when you open the .PDF file that should be a .SYX file? What does it look like in the PDF reader? And how do you know it should be a .SYX file?

Search for "windows 10 file extension change" ...

You probably have to go in the options of Windows Explorer and allow to show extensions in the file name.
But I wonder how the file became a pdf in the first instance. Maybe you have just associated the syx extension to acrobat reader? If this is the case you should be able to select it from within fractal-bot anyway

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom