AX8 Firmware 9.03 Released

Yeah, something doesn't add up here.

Try downloading the zip file again.
The drivers, ax8-edit, and fractal-bot are all okay and work. As soon as I try anything from the firmware page (2 downloads available) they are all pdf?

.STX? Do you mean .SYX?

What do you get when you open the .PDF file that should be a .SYX file? What does it look like in the PDF reader? And how do you know it should be a .SYX file?
I thought it was a system file? or an exe file?

As soon as I try anything from the firmware page (2 downloads available) they are all pdf?
What does that mean? Are you saying that the firmware page on the Fractal website only contains PDF files and no ZIP files? It's hard to understand what you're saying.

You thought what was a system file or an exe file? It's hard to understand what you mean.

.SYX files are not system files.
Sorry about the confusion. Easy said; whenever I try to download the new firmware, they are both pdf files. The release notes should be, but the other file should not be a pdf, but it is. The second file is huge and the should not be a pdf.

Attachments

• PDF.jpeg
    PDF.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Rex
Sorry about the confusion. Easy said; whenever I try to download the new firmware, they are both pdf files. The release notes should be, but the other file should not be a pdf, but it is. The second file is huge and the should not be a pdf.
As you can see from the name it's a syx indeed, as I said previously you just have accidentally associated that extension to Adobe reader.
Just open fractal-bot and load that file from there.

Ps: remember to unzip it first

Last edited:
As you can see from the name it's a syx indeed, as I said previously you just have accidentally associated that extension to Adobe reader.
I used Fractal-bot to back up the AX8 the other day and it was easy as pie. As I open up Fractal-bot now and select AX8, I only get 1 green check versus the 3 green checks, so it won't allow me to do anything. Honestly, I've never had these problems before.

I used Fractal-bot to back up the AX8 the other day and it was easy as pie. As I open up Fractal-bot now and select AX8, I only get 1 green check versus the 3 green checks, so it won't allow me to do anything. Honestly, I've never had these problems before.
That's another problem.. Are you sure the ax8 is properly connected with usb and there aren't other opened applications using its midi ports (ax8edit, cab-lab, DAWs, Chrome, etc..)?
And also make sure the correct midi ports are selected in Fractal bot

Ps: remember to unzip it first
Also, my AX8-Edit works like a charm!

That's another problem.. Are you sure the ax8 is properly connected with usb and there aren't other applications using its midi ports (ax8edit, cab-lab, DAWs, Chrome, etc..)?
Right on! The AX8-Edit was open and running!

That's another problem.. Are you sure the ax8 is properly connected with usb and there aren't other opened applications using its midi ports (ax8edit, cab-lab, DAWs, Chrome, etc..)?
Looks like it's working! I'll let you know. Thanks for all your help and patience.

Back
Top Bottom