Delay / reverb for live rhythm sound

jarabuandi

Experienced
Hi all,
was wondering if you guys use any delay / reverb for your live rhythm sound at all? ….and if yes how much?
Cheers

Only verb on rhythm. I take what sounds 'spare' when playing by myself, and cut it in half for FOH. Most sound men will hit you with verb anyway.

I might put more in my personal feed, but you'll cut better with less.

Only verb on rhythm. I take what sounds 'spare' when playing by myself, and cut it in half for FOH. Most sound men will hit you with verb anyway.

I might put more in my personal feed, but you'll cut better with less.

Thanks @electronpirate...can you give me some suggestions for a good "verb"? I can dial a reverb on for clean sound but struggle with the crunch tones. I'm never happy with the result.

None here. I will kick in delay for certain phrases but other than that I just use a detune effect on my rhythms and delay on my leads.

Thanks @Geezerjohn... can you define 'a touch of reverb' for me please? I want to give it a try.
What Moke said. I start with the mix at 10% and then adjust up or down as needed. My goal is to achieve a bit of depth but not a wall of mush. Trust your ears. There is no magic mix number. Some presets cut better when they are on the dry side. Others sound better a little wetter.

My go-to for rhythm tones is.......Reverb, but no Delay unless it's called for.
  • 'Studio' type
  • Parallel path
  • Mix at around 10%, up to 15% for wetter stuff.
  • Important...Raise the 'Low Cut' in the Reverb 'EQ' page to 150 Hz or higher.

Thanks @Moke for sharing the settings. I'll try that.

What Moke said. I start with the mix at 10% and then adjust up or down as needed. My goal is to achieve a bit of depth but not a wall of mush. Trust your ears. There is no magic mix number. Some presets cut better when they are on the dry side. Others sound better a little wetter.

Thanks @Geezerjohn...'the wall of mush' is exactly what I want to avoid.

Back
Top Bottom