Anybody popped the hood on an AX8?

Were you acting under the guidance of FAS to avoid a return or have you gone rogue?!!
cliff gave him the OK to check a specific thing. he probably just had to remove the bottom panel, very few things to disassemble for that.

i wouldn't recommend taking this as an invite for all to do the same ;)

As mentioned earlier, is it possible for the support bar to be removed? Switches 6 and 7 aren't as easy to access. Not a big problem, and no big deal if it's difficult, just wanted to see if I had that option

There is a thread about it on here but lots of folks like me have purchased the Barefoot Buttons.....as mentioned above. The barefoot buttons really help.

There were some pictures of the AX8 guts on Facebook a couple of weeks ago. Many comments about paying so much for so little. Yawn.

I thought it looked very impressive...

My one year anniversary for AX8 ownership was yesterday so my warranted period has expired. However, "if it ain't broke..."

I will try to find the facebook pics though.

Many comments about paying so much for so little.

Some space inside would be great. I considering to fit an additional IEC outlet for 2404V AC and 9V-DC adaptor with two barrel outlet inside. This way I could power my FRFR and maybe in the future a wireless receiver, without the need of a power distributor or external adaptors.

I tried to find the pictures and can't anymore. I'm pretty sure it was the AX8. Now I'm unsure where it was...
Should have saved them.

Some space inside would be great. I considering to fit an additional IEC outlet for 2404V AC and 9V-DC adaptor with two barrel outlet inside. This way I could power my FRFR and maybe in the future a wireless receiver, without the need of a power distributor or external adaptors.
I'm thinking of a hammond box with three C14 connectors (pretty flat) and fix it underneath my Pedaltrain. I don't think I'll need 9V. I have the Xvive U2 which has a battery powered receiver, so does the WIC. I think it's the way wireless will go from here. I first have to figure how to get the AX8 and two DVP pedals onto a Pedaltrain 2.

Last edited:
I had a loose screw holding down the boards by the AC power inlet and had to open it up to fix...sorry, not pics though. :(

I tried to find the pictures and can't anymore. I'm pretty sure it was the AX8. Now I'm unsure where it was...
Should have saved them.

I could not find the photos either.

Not sure why anyone who has used an AX8 would question the value of the hardware. Maybe there's not a lot to look at inside but when you pick it up it feels like a lot and above all there's an entire universe of possible amazing sounds.

Regardless of any of that, I'm just one of those who always liked seeing the insides of amp chasis and desktop computers and such and I was wondering what mysteries lie inside an AX8.

I could not find the photos either.

Not sure why anyone who has used an AX8 would question the value of the hardware. Maybe there's not a lot to look at inside but when you pick it up it feels like a lot and above all there's an entire universe of possible amazing sounds.

Regardless of any of that, I'm just one of those who always liked seeing the insides of amp chasis and desktop computers and such and I was wondering what mysteries lie inside an AX8.
Apparently they think that they can tell by the look of it how much the components should cost. Most think it should cost less. Or they think they don't get enough components for their money if they would buy it. Quite sure none of them have bought an AX8 and are just justifying their decision.

Not any rational thinking going on there.

But I'll be damned if I can find those pics again... I'm going to stop looking now, it's already been a couple of hours and I need to go do something else. I am certain they were gut shots of the AX8 with comments in a facebook or youtube style. Maybe some forum, but I don't ever go anywhere else than here.

But I'll be damned if I can find those pics again... I'm going to stop looking now, it's already been a couple of hours and I need to go do something else. I am certain they were gut shots of the AX8 with comments in a facebook or youtube style. Maybe some forum, but I don't ever go anywhere else than here.

I saw it on one of the Facebook groups as well.

Looking at these pics it seems they could have easily shaved off an inch total of the width so I could fit it and two DVP3 pedals on my Pedaltrain 2...

Back
Top Bottom