Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Kicktags are harder to get than the AX8 when it first came out.

Hey mate! I have a new batch being prepped that will be available for sale from the weekend. As these are all hand-assembled and not mass-produced, it means it takes a little time to prepare each batch. I've been fortunate that each batch of the latest gen released so far has sold very quickly, but I've worked on ways to reduce the batch-prep time (down from 1 month at the launch of the current gen to 2 weeks now) so hopefully not too much of a wait between batches.

If you'd like me to give u a heads-up as I prepare to release the next batch, just drop me a mail at sukh@kicktags.com and I'll be in touch.

Sukh

Last edited:
Nice man! I haven't figured out how I'm going to do my switches yet. Just got my AX8 the other day. When I do, I'm going for the inverse Kicktags this time around. Wish my MFC ones would fit it. OZ!

Yep - if only all boards were equally sized, it would make life a lot simpler all round!

Good news is that the text labels and tiles you have for the MFC will work perfectly on the AX8 - all you need is a set of Surrounds specifically sized for it.

Cheers!
Sukh

Sounds like mine should be ready soon - Yes!!

Hey mate! I have a new batch being prepped that will be available for sale from the weekend. As these are all hand-assembled and not mass-produced, it means it takes a little time to prepare each batch. I've been fortunate that each batch of the latest gen released so far has sold very quickly, but I've worked on ways to reduce the batch-prep time (down from 1 month at the launch of the current gen to 2 weeks now) so hopefully not too much of a wait between batches.

If you'd like me to give u a heads-up as I prepare to release the next batch, just drop me a mail at sukh@kicktags.com and I'll be in touch.

Sukh

This is what I call "have your cake and eat it to..."
Ax8%20Pedalboard.JPG

I use the Gordius as follows:
- The first pedal on the right is directly connected to the Ax8 and is for Wah
- the last pedal is for volume control. i use variables in the Gordius to set the Lead Boost. this way I can change the boost for when playing with a trio or more.
- Switch 12-2-3 are functions for the left pedal (Whammy, Octaver, Delay Mix,...)
- Switches 4-7 are song preset switches
- Switch 8 is Up
- Switch 9 is Down
- Switch 10 is "Enter" - this selects the preset for the song on the Gordius and sends appropriate parameters for tempo, harmonizer settings...

I can use scenes on the Ax8 and switch blocks on/off on the fly if I choose to do so

Nice setup, what's the switchback connected to the LGX?

Nice setup, what's the switchback connected to the LGX?
Not sure what you mean by switchback.
The front row are the switches and LEDs I took from the LG(X) and built into an aluminium extruded profile.
The Gordius is connected to the Ax8 through midi.
I use it for songs and controlling the two outer pedals.

Back
Top Bottom