Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.04 Firmware Release

Would like to get 2.04 on AX8 before 3.0 on Axe-FX. (Just sayin). I have both and hope there won't be a pattern of the AX8 lagging well behind the FX.
I would expect the AX8 to leapfrog certain AFX releases if the current rate is maintained. Why would you want a point release in lieu of an imminent Major update, assuming that the major release does not lag heavily... if I were an AX8 owner I would not even load 2.04 if I was dialed at 2.02 and had an imminent 3.0 in the pipe (which necessarily forces a preset redial).

I would expect the AX8 to leapfrog certain AFX releases if the current rate is maintained. Why would you want a point release in lieu of an imminent Major update, assuming that the major release does not lag heavily... if I were an AX8 owner I would not even load 2.04 if I was dialed at 2.02 and had an imminent 3.0 in the pipe (which necessarily forces a preset redial).

Obviously that would be great if they were to both get 3.0 at the same time. But since we've established that there's a significant lag, I would like 2.04 AX8 while we're waiting.

Obviously that would be great if they were to both get 3.0 at the same time. But since we've established that there's a significant lag, I would like 2.04 AX8 while we're waiting.

But would you start a long tweak session when you already know that the next FW is coming......soon?

It's going to be quite a while. I have to remeasure all the amps to determine the OT core loss values. Maybe I'll put up a beta for people to play with.
Now the speculation for what OT stands for begins.

Obscure Tenor
Over-reactive Trivet
Omega Theremin

It's going to be quite a while. I have to remeasure all the amps to determine the OT core loss values. Maybe I'll put up a beta for people to play with.

A quick google brings up some geek ... eerrrrr, I mean Greek about transformer efficiencies ...from a book titled "The Electrical World"

From another source:

"We had assumed till now that the inductor and capacitor used in the series RLC circuit
are ideal elements and that they have no parasitic elements associated with them. This is not
true in practice. The non-zero parasitic elements associated with inductor and capacitor will
affect the performance of RLC circuits considerably in narrow band-pass circuit applications.
An inductor has a non-zero wire resistance that goes along with its inductance in
series. Further, if the inductor uses iron core, there will be hysteresis and eddy current losses
in the iron core due to time-varying magnetic fields in the core. These losses are strongly
dependent on frequency of operation and flux level in the core. Core loss is usually modelled
by a resistance in parallel to the inductance. However, due to its complex dependence on
frequency of operation, it cannot be satisfactorily modelled by a single value of resistance
at all frequencies. In addition, a physical inductor will have distributed capacitance of winding shunting
its inductance value."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom