Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.03 Firmware Release

Just the best music/guitar product company ever. From quality of build through the ever-advancing product development is a true game changer.

As Uber changed the corrupt/monopolistic taxi business, so Fractal changes the music business with amazing attention to detail and phenomenal customer service.

Knowing that the magic black box can be refreshed with new code is just incredible. No more static, planned obsolescence model of business. The downside I guess is we have expectations now of even cooler things yet to come, but is that so bad? :D

Just curious if you changed something with the sound of 2.02 itself. It sounds better to me for some reason. It could be a placebo effect but I was curious.

Nothing changed. Ears suck at being consistent, accurate measuring devices.

Friedman HBE and the FAS Boost is HEAVY METAL MOLTEN FURY!!!

EDIT: Ok, everything is awesome! My ANGL seems perfect now. If nothing has changed then my ears are deceiving me but holy cow I am loving it all!!!
THANKS THANKS THANKS MR CHASE!!!

Last edited:
Just a FYI to anyone who has patches where you changed the tube types (both preamp & power amp tube types), installing 2.03 reverts them back to their default settings (same was true of 2.02).

Ok so, this was probably answered before but, in 2.02, harmonics were rolled back to 0.

For accuracy's sake, should I turn them back to their positions in 2.01?

This is my first Post! I was amazed at the Quantum 2.0 changes made to the Amps, they really made a wonderful difference to the tone of my presets! I can't wait to get home and try the 2.03 Version! Thanks Cliff!

just updated from 2.01 to 2.03 and all my presets default to "latest". Shouldn't they default to 2.01??

when you switch the software version you must save it

I mean, I had all my presets made with fw 2.01, now they all default to latest. So should i go through all of them and reserve them with 2.01? I thought they stayed on the former fw modeling except when loading new amps - at least that's what the release notes say, isn't it?

I mean, I had all my presets made with fw 2.01, now they all default to latest. So should i go through all of them and reserve them with 2.01? I thought they stayed on the former fw modeling except when loading new amps - at least that's what the release notes say, isn't it?
It says that if you manually set an amp to 2.00, for example, and then you change the Global Modeling to 2.01, for example, that Amp won't be changed from 2.00.

If you update firmware from 2.01 to 2.03, everything will go to the Latest version as it always does with any FW update.

You now have the option to change it though. So if you love 2.01, I'd suggest changing your Global to 2.01, then either "reset" your amp blocks individual or just change each to 2.01 individually.

This is no different than any other FW update. It of course defaults to the latest.

Reactions: edo
Are there level changes between 2.02 and 2.03?

When I loaded 2.02, my preset levels went all over the place. Since I use a lot of presets, it was a lot of work to adjust them back (and I'm fine with this, it's my choice to have that many presets, and it was my choice to go to 2.02). And if 2.03 makes no changes to (most) amp levels, then I will gladly jump onboard. If, however, it involves a lot of work, I'll hold off until after a few gigs lined up.

Thanks.

I always consistently updated: 2.01 then 2.02 and now 2.03.
After the last update I have noticed that some presets have changed on "Lateset", but there are some preset with "2.01" . Why this could depend?

I'm getting my axefx back this weekend, going to update and start fresh presets ! Should be FW2.03 ! :)
Thanks Cliff, I think my wife is going to hate us both :D
I must create a preset library for a muse cover band quick enough.
Viva FAS

Back
Top Bottom