Kinda freaking out a little...

simeon

Axe-Master
installed quantum yesterday and was immediately surprised by what i was hearing. all my patches has less top end and the friedman hbe sounded kinda bad. i spent the day tweaking and replaced the friedman with the cameron (that was a nice find!) and had a gig tonight. everything just sounded so weird...dynamically kinda "off" and my triaxis lead patch, which was sounding immaculate with 20b sounded kinda naff. i did actually install the firmware twice yesterday, because i thought it hadn't gone right the first time, but it made no difference. i'm going to roll back to 20b tomorrow for this weekend's gigs and try again in a couple of weeks when we have a break. i'm convinced something isn't right, because all the feedback has been so overwhelmingly positive and every firmware update to this point has been an massive improvement. has anybody else suffered the same problem? should i just try a reinstall? btw, i never mess with any advanced parameters except speaker low res freq and input trim. i didn't reset any of the amps...maybe i should have...? i really want to get on board the quantum train... :)

that's really weird... my update to quantum was really seamless, very few - if any - changes. i've installed every public update for a while now, so i've gone through 19 and 20 PB, then to quantum.

less top end overall is weird. perhaps resetting System Parameters would help? Global EQs set how you want?

Mine went perfect as well! Sorry to hear about yours. If you give Chris' suggestion a try, and no joy, I think I'd try downloading yet one more time. Good luck!

Lee

I did the update Saturday, made sure everything was working, and then went straight to a gig. I noticed my clean patches seemed different, possibly a reduction in top end. But my dirty patches, especially HBE, sound great. Same results at Monday night's gig. I have time tonight to look at it in detail.

Yeah I think reset the amp blocks first and them maybe the system Parms. If not then do the whole re download and install. I didn't have any issues with my install. I went from 19 to quantum and hardly had to re adjust anything. And to me the HBE sounds better than before so it's odd it sounds bad to you now.

Was exactly the same for me when I first installed Q1 - I also was freaking out because nothing seemed "right".

Reinstalled numerous times with no positive change.

Redownloaded/reinstalled and voila there it was !

This was actually the first time I'd had to do that...

Definitely reset the amps/parameters if a new download/update makes no difference. I went through my top 10 presets and updated them individually. I found two sounded better without updated and left them as they were.

I'm in the same boat, I tried the update and my Friedman BE patches were off.. I mucked with saturation switch and it brought it back a bit but the levels were going to need tweaking so aborted it for now.. I tried an amp reset but no change. I know I've got something wrong but not sure what just yet.

Welcome to the club. It's been like this for me since FW 14. Sometimes it takes 3 loads before it takes properly.

Redownloaded/reinstalled and voila there it was !

I haven't updated since 19.something, but when I first updated from 17.x to 19 I had the same thing happen. Update failed the first time, second time it just sounded like ass. Downloaded again to a different location, went through the update and everything sounded fine after that.

Never happened to me before...

That was the only time this has ever happened to me since 9.something, but it will always be the first thing I try if things seem "off".

Looking forward to Q1 as soon as I get some free time. Life has been a bit challenging lately and hasn't allowed me much studio time.

I happened to me with the Quantum beta. It just sounded like someone threw an EQ on the old firmware that gave it more balls and less bite. Re-installed and I got all the clarity back.

Yeah, something sounds wrong (be it a bumped parameter somewhere, or a bad install). I updated to Quantum and loved it, and certainly didn't experience any sort of top end roll-off.

I went fro Q beta to Q1.00 and something was off for me also. Gonna try Refresh FW in the Axe Edit settings menu. If that fails I'll re download.

Didn't see it mentioned -- make sure you reset your system settings if you get weird problems like this. Hope that might help!

Hey Simeon,

Sorry to hear that. Just to add, I couldn't get the FW installed until I re-downloaded and tried again. First time for me also.

Back
Top Bottom