Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.00 Released

You'll have to look on the front panel and see if there's a 'UR' next to the IR name. They removed 'UR' from the cab titles for some reason.

This only works for single cabs blocks. Its pretty poor - none of the Factory cabs IR/UR status can be seen in axe-edit, and the front panel only shows for single cabs. There must be a simple way to show the user which is which in both axe edit and the front screen. But then does it really matter if they sound good???

A real "big box", "high power" TWEED TWIN!!! :eagerness: Be still my foolish heart!
Utterly awesome. And Keith Urban's choice #1 vintage gem, to boot. It just gets no better.
A million thanks to Cliff for adding this historic "missing Fender" to the fold! Xmas came early!

I have to, respectfully, disagree here. My decision to use standard or ultra-res in the CAB block is always a matter of CPU and do I want to trade off CPU for a change in sound (nb: not a better or worse sound, just a change in sound, because better or worse are subjective). You're not gimping the UR IR, just changing the sound. If you have a high-CPU patch, audition IRs with a standard res CAB block type and then there's no problem. If you have the spare CPU cycles, audition them with the UR CAB block type.

Not trying to get into a major debate. I am just saying you are losing useful information that can affect how you set things or whether certain settings even have meaning for a particular selection. If you think it is somehow a good thing or better/fine as to not having any idea whether the internal cab can make use of a particular setting prior to flipping settings now whereas before you could before; congrats, you're in luck. I'd personally rather know which are/aren't up front since it has bearing on other selections I make. Information was lost; trying to reframe that as a feature is silly, IMHO, and it is not unreasonable to say man I'd like that info back and not be met with the flippant 'use your ears' response.

I agree that it is a minor point. Certainly will not roll back because of it. 19 sounds phenomenal. Congrats on the accomplishment and as always thanks for your support FAS.

This only works for single cabs blocks. Its pretty poor - none of the Factory cabs IR/UR status can be seen in axe-edit, and the front panel only shows for single cabs. There must be a simple way to show the user which is which in both axe edit and the front screen. But then does it really matter if they sound good???

I don't agree that it shouldn't matter if an IR is high or ultra resolution, but I do see your point. Unfortunately, the low end response is far more accurate in UR, and that really does matter to some of us. It effects not only the sound, but the feel. And then there's those that want things as realistic as possible, so it matters to them too. Just a small inconvenience that they took 'UR' from the IR titles, it's easy enough to use the front panel and a mono cab block to make a list. And I'm just assuming, but I think Chris might have noted which are which on his website. Someone posted a spreadsheet of all the factory IR's, with detailed information as well.

Thanks Cliff and FAS team.

The G3 drives with the new variable clip feature sounds phenomenal. I'm stucked with the first preset I tried since 1 hour :)

The dynamic and realism of the amps and the way they respond is incredible ...

Fantastic update !

From the Premier Guitar Keith Urban rig rundown. Input is running in to Normal 1. I'm assuming this is the modeled channel in the Axe-FX. Vol Normal is 3.5

View attachment 26656

The tweed goes from 1-12 and the fractal goes from 0 - 10.

Keith's settings would be:

setting----------amp----fractal
input drive------3.5-----2.27
bass-------------3.9-----2.64
mid--------------3.9-----2.64
treble------------8.3-----6.64
presence--------8--------6.36

The tweed goes from 1-12 and the fractal goes from 0 - 10.

Keith's settings would be:

setting----------amp----fractal
input drive------3.5-----2.27
bass-------------3.9-----2.64
mid--------------3.9-----2.64
treble------------8.3-----6.64
presence--------8--------6.36

Yeah thanks for that. I was in a hurry and wasn't feeling mathy.

can someone tell me where that Kieth urbans amp preset is within the presets, what is it called. cant find it anywhere. ????

Ah, the joys of missing punctuation. I meant does it really matter if they are IR or UR, as long as they sound good?

Back
Top Bottom