Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.00 Public Beta #3

Release is still a couple days off. We are going back to the studio tomorrow to do a few more cabs. Keith Urban sent us his Tweed Twin so we're going to do that plus a '62 Super Reverb and a few others. I'll probably use a few IRs from tomorrow in the release.

Hell Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You!!!!

Release is still a couple days off. We are going back to the studio tomorrow to do a few more cabs. Keith Urban sent us his Tweed Twin so we're going to do that plus a '62 Super Reverb and a few others. I'll probably use a few IRs from tomorrow in the release.

another super Reverb?!

YESSSSS!!!!!!

:eagerness:

Played an outdoor show last night with fw 19 beta 3.

Monster tone. I had a dedicated CLR for guitar (and another dedicated to my vocal).

I used my 335 and was getting killer controlled feedback with my (mostly) clean patch, concert 6g12, with and without fuzz.

The FOH was provided by the city and was mostly pro-sumer grade Yamaha stuff with some big JBL sub bins.

I ran Out 1 R to the stage box. He evidently ran me into a microphone input though. I was able to set Out 1 level from the front panel low enough for his preamp to handle it. Kudos for the incredible analog path in the Fractal. I has front panel out 1 almost all the way down but the S/N ratio in the FOH was still great.

reduce your Global Graphic EQ gain/level for more room on the output knob as well. some mixers only have mic level inputs, so this comes in handy more often than one may think.

reduce your Global Graphic EQ gain/level for more room on the output knob as well. some mixers only have mic level inputs, so this comes in handy more often than one may think.

Yep

And the I/O -> Audio -> Output 1 -> Boost / Pad setting :)

I just loved that I could make a front panel knob adjustment and get the job done quick.

Ironically I had a two channel DI right next to the Fractal that I would have used to convert from line -> mic if I needed it. I thought it was cool that I really didn't need it. And running with the front panel knob unusually low didn't adversely affect the audio.

WOW!!! I have never heard of/seen a 62 Super with reverb!

Curious if you compare the newly captured IR's against the amp/cab you're capturing from? Just curious.

Curious if you compare the newly captured IR's against the amp/cab you're capturing from? Just curious.

The first one or two we do just to make sure everything is set up right. It always sounds exactly the same. If you haven't been in a studio and done it you just don't understand. There's all this nonsense on the internet about "IRs don't capture the sound accurately". Nonsense. Spend an hour in the studio with us and you'll be dumbfounded.

The first one or two we do just to make sure everything is set up right. It always sounds exactly the same. If you haven't been in a studio and done it you just don't understand. There's all this nonsense on the internet about "IRs don't capture the sound accurately". Nonsense. Spend an hour in the studio with us and you'll be dumbfounded.

I would pay for an instructional video from one of these sessions.

Keith has been using the Axe for his Delays, Verbs and Modulation effects since 2012. Not sure of he has gone full modeling yet with amp/cab Sims.........could be him moving towards it though. Now he would have an accurate apple to apple comparison to play with.

I didn't know that. I saw that one of his band guitarists was using it.

His rig rundown from a few years ago, is one of my favorite rigs ever. Tube bliss....

who needs tube bliss

hehe, tube bliss... tubeless.... hehe, yeah!

515077-the_best_of_smooth_jazz_by__beavis.jpg

Back
Top Bottom