RAC12 - New 1U rack controller for Axe-Fx II / XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add me to the happy list! Got mine over the weekend. This is a REALLY great unit - it is so intuitive to use and massively increases the simplicity and enjoyment of using the FX2 - plus it will be a real bonus for gigs to make those last minute adjustments without delving into the menu and risking screwing something up!

If in doubt - just buy it - you wont regret it.

Thks, to the new users, please post somes pictures of your final rig.
Also, only few units available on this batch. It's time to place your order!;)

Last edited:
Mine came in the mail today. Pretty impressed with the build quality, USB powered is a nice touch. Haven't had a chance to plug it in to the Axe-FX yet, hopefully tomorrow, but I just updated the firmware and played around with the editor. So far, I'm a happy camper.

I f i n a l l y got my rig together. I had to order a new rack case, then customize the case for my application, then order new usb cabling to fit the tight work area, then order a Switchcraft right angle midi connector and just finished modifying the 1 foot cable I ordered with the RAC12 with the right angle connector. Now I'm fully functional.

I would take and post pics but my rig is purposefully underwhelming. It needs to be as much incognito as possible for where and when I use it.

I love this thing! Makes dialing in tones ultra fast and easy, the tuner heads up is a wonderful bonus as is the full color lcd. Brilliant machine!

Glad to see that the "business" is working so well.
As a french guy myself, I am very happy to look at what you could achieve so far.
I wish you to sell as much units as Axe FX II .
I didn't order mine myself, because I must admit I don't "really and absolutely" need it, but I think that I could not resist very long :lol . next Christmas could be the right moment for me .

All wired up!
60030c11fde1d62b8488590e408325a3.jpg

RAC12 firmware/software 1.2.3 released ! :)

- Fixes Drive block's drive parameter not correctly displayed in zoomed view
- New feature : Changing block types (amp/drive/reverb etc...) updates other values and displays changed values induced by the new selected type
- Reduced screen overclocking for hardware stability improvement
- Added "Empty config" button, if you want to start from a virgin configuration
- Fixes offline mode not respected with the tuner.
- Fixes tuner beeing hidden on the AxeFX when entering config or offsets page
- Fixes MIDI Merge CC lag

As usual, just launch your RAC12Edit ;)

Couple of questions about RAC12 software:

What happens if for any reason, RAC12 software does not stay current with AXE-FX Revisions? Will the RAC12 still be useful?

Also, if I decide to revert back to an earlier AXE-FX revision, do I also have to revert back to an earlier RAC12 revision?

thanks ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom