FX8 Manual Now Available

question: on Page 18 it mentions the "free driver and apps" but later says that the FX8 is plug and play, no driver required.

is the USB driver needed at all?

question: on Page 18 it mentions the "free driver and apps" but later says that the FX8 is plug and play, no driver required.

is the USB driver needed at all?
The FX8 uses the standard USB MIDI drivers. No additional drivers are required.

Is it me or does the omission of the effects blocks hint at something wonderful coming on the FX side of the Fractal lineup?

It hints at an upcoming unified effects manual. In fact, it says so in the manual. :)

That's what I read, but why not cut and paste from the AFXII manual unless there's some changes coming for the effects? Then again, you would know "beta" than I would. ;)

As always, the FX8 manual is a thing of beauty.

During beta testing, I often checked if certain things were mentioned in the manual and in most cases they are.

I'm very happy, they did everything I can think of to make it versatile. Routing via panning per scene! Midi galore...
Going to be wearing out my phone looking for that email saying they are ready for my money!

Last edited:
Just to be clear...this is not directed at HailHalford's comment above.

I'm appreciating that the FX-8 manual isn't a cut & paste document. It's designed to provide simple and more complex answers for those of us who use tube amps - and who might be experiencing FAS technologies for the first time.

Reactions: Rex
I'm appreciating that the FX-8 manual isn't a cut & paste document. It's designed to provide simple and more complex answers for those of us who use tube amps - and who might be experiencing FAS technologies for the first time.
Very perceptive, BluesRock. :encouragement:

A lot of the people who are seriously considering the FX8 are traditional-rig guitarists, and many of them aren't comfortable diving right into deep parameters and tweaking away. Some folks are flat-out intimidated by all the possibilities, parameters and technical explanations. The FX8 manual is designed to help them out—to tell them what they need to know to get started and get playing.

Matt did a brilliant job of putting lots of useful information into a friendly, streamlined format.

I'm mainly watching this thread and waiting for availability in Europe as well but needed to register my appreciation for the manual. It's very clear and well written and even on my mobile screen it has been a pleasure to read. As someone new to fractal that only increases my admiration for such detailed-orientated quality :)

Back
Top Bottom