Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.01 Released

Great job FAS folks! Thanks for all the updates! Rather then mess around tweaking old FW 17 presets Im just gonna wait for the NEW FW18 presets. Then will hope Yek will update his exceptional presets as well. Love them!

Great job FAS folks! Thanks for all the updates! Rather then mess around tweaking old FW 17 presets Im just gonna wait for the NEW FW18 presets. Then will hope Yek will update his exceptional presets as well. Love them!

Yep, that's what I'm doing too, not even for tones, but for gain/output normalization so I'm comparing apples to apples.

Barely had time to try things out last night- at Cliff's rec, I setup a quick stereo-UR cab with the 2 new Fractal 4x12 cabs with the SLP1959 Jumped model. Pretty blown away by what I was getting using my main Strat. That is indeed a killer cab combo.

Yes, the new Fractal 4x12 in a stereo setup is fantastic! I've spent six hours today trying out everything new and those cab blocks totally won me over playing the SLP59 Jumped for rough sound and the OD1 Gn for (almost) clean (with some tweaks in the Dynamics tab). I'm also using a vintage type low output stratocaster and this amp/cab combo will go into all my other patches now. What a sound!

:shock :eek: 8) :) :D :mrgreen :lol

ok ... from 000 to 060 for now... just a touch of reverb from the 11 to a more serious 15/16%

what can I say?... that maybe someone in the audience can tell me not only the amp... but also the brand of the pick that I'm using... it's enough?

TNX Cliff and FAS ppl... this thing is insane!!!

PS: Just 1 word more : the other "modeler" on the market can have the ultimate algorithm... but they don't have Cliff... coz... HI KNOW AMPS!

Wow! That Cameron is stupid awesome!!! STUPID!!!!! I also noticed additional Splawn Quick Rod's???

I usually do not get involved with these discussions but the CCV's are very nice. I was really please by all the QRs as well. I am happy to have been around to watch the evolution of this device. I got involved around FW 10 & thought that was impressive then. The growth in the firmware and the IRs has been incredible.

I'm just a bedroom/home studio player. On Firmware 18.01 i can actually hear quite an improvement and my ears are shot. There is definitely something better going on now.

I left the room last night after playing for an hour or so thinking WOW

I'm just a bedroom/home studio player. On Firmware 18.01 i can actually hear quite an improvement and my ears are shot. There is definitely something better going on now.

I left the room last night after playing for an hour or so thinking WOW

I only play at home as well and I'm blown away by the improvements. I waited for the official release and I couldn't be happier with 18.01.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprised myself after UG to FW 18.01. I accidentally turned on the 000 Preset Bassman 59 and thought that I was still on the JTM45 - I thought to myself, wow this Marshall sounds more organic all of a sudden. Then looked up to see that I was back on 000 Bassman. Wow even the grandfather of all Marshalls sounds much more stellar with G3. I played it for the next 45 minutes and re-fell in love with that amp - Love it
And the Boutique (Matchless Cheiftain) has a level of dynaic on tap that blows me away. You must play with sound picking dynamics on that amp - It is a great dynamic example of the G3 improvements. WOW
Dude, it always comes down to the Bassman for me. I purposely didn't go there because I would still be playing it. I don't know what it is about that particular amp model, but I think that it's in the first preset for a frickin' reason.

Hi, didn't pull the 18.01 trigger yet, are some of the axexchange presets be usable with it, or is it a 99% sweep to dustbin update?

If it's so, let's say that sometime you need a step back to jump longer...

As always thanks Fractal ! THE Best service a guitar player could ever ask for is not just the box, but the support that comes with it...

Back
Top Bottom