Deluxe Tweed is rather great amp

Great tone and playing..... Which cab did you use? I love this amp, and use it with low gain setting for blues, and high gainsetting and pre boost for old zz tone. I use fab. Cab #92 proverb for high gainsetting, and #98 I think 3x10 for more open bluestone.

Loving that recording Tyler! :encouragement:

I use the Tweed with my Les Paul CC02 and it's just as good with PAFs. Amazing amp, so versatile and true to tone!!

Pretty saucy sounding song!! Sometimes when my ears are tired of the higher gain stuff, I go back to the Tweed for that raunchy sound to do a little reset.

The best part is how the AxeFx seems to really mimic the guitar knob roll off...

This whole clip is one patch. Simple amp and cab with just the input Drive at 10 and Treble at 10 on the Deluxe Tweed. Guitar volume at about 4-5 in intro.

I could play this patch/sound all night.

Funny how this happens. I'm primarily a Marshall guy. I have a few setup in the Axe that are my go-to's. I'll stray and play other stuff but always come back to the Marshalls. For the last month or so I've played nothing but the Deluxe Tweed. I just haven't been able to put it down. If anyone is interested pull up the Funk #49 factory preset. Great sound out of the box or tweak to your liking.

Have you tried the Swart Atomic Spacetone model Tyler? Similar vibe to the tweed deluxe, which I also love to use. Those are two of my favorite models in the axe.

Love it! :) Dang that's a great sound. I'm going to have to play with it tomorrow.

I'm really loving the Blues Jr. lately. Went back and replaced the amp models in all my clean patches with it. Smokin'.

Yes... The IRs seem to respond more correctly to turning the volume knob down vs. other IRs. Not sure there is any science reason behind it, but I could play clean funk all night with a plexi on 10 as long as I had the guitar volume down... first time being able to really do that.

Oops! :) Hey Tyler was is you with the comment about this Cab Pack 8 almost feeling like your volume knob had increased dynamics?

Thanks for the clip and you're definitely allowed to mention the IRs publicly. I have nothing to hide. ;)

Yes... The IRs seem to respond more correctly to turning the volume knob down vs. other IRs. Not sure there is any science reason behind it, but I could play clean funk all night with a plexi on 10 as long as I had the guitar volume down... first time being able to really do that.

That is great to hear! It's actually a bit counterproductive to get this much positive feedback but obviously I'm happy that people like them. :) Sorry if this is a hijack but the only thing we're questioning is the purpose of single mics since everyone is going for the Alloys straight away. I feel like there should be single mics so people can create their own mixes but the Ace folder might aswell be replaced with really good Alloys that we're picked as crème de la crème. Thoughts?

I feel like there should be single mics so people can create their own mixes

Definitely. I`m sure there are some pro`s out there, who don`t follow every Forum blahblah, but use their time to do their job - mixing their own soup! Secondly: What should the featured delay capabilitiy in upcoming Cab-Lab be good for, if there are no single mics to bring them out of phase against each other?

Sorry - Clark`s fault for getting OT :mrgreen He should discuss things like that in his own thread ... nananana.... :star:

Back
Top Bottom