My favorite amp models [Yek]

I think it's just a problem of resources... pay someone to make something for free, or work on something for new revenue, easy business choice. bottom line is most other peoples presets sound like ass, so i personally dont care about other peoples presets.

perphaps he could publish the file formats so someone in the populous could take a stab.

I agree as far as plug and play, other peoples presets rarely work. But I like seeing how someone like Yek solves routing issues, combined amp/cab and created effects. I do my own presets from scratch, but I can always learn something by looking at other solutions.

Sent from my iPhone

Wow Yek, that is going way above and beyond! Thank you very much. I had given up on trying your patches.

Reactions: yek
Tanks yek for sharing...
But i see that even the higain amps sound clean(even with emg pickups)..If i increase one of the input trim/input gain or master volume to increase the gain, the overall tone changes, so i have to start from the begenning for every basic amp parameters...Is there any easy way to use your patches with more gain that will be suitable for higain rhythm stuff??

Seems like your system settings are not correct. Check the Global menu.

I must say that I find this whole thing very, very strange. I mean, if the 2 wasn't supported anymore and superseded by the XL, it would make sense to make the ownership of the 2 "annoying", and transition to the XL as appealing as possible. But when the 2 is also a current model, and sharing presets is actively encouraged (AxeChange) that it's impossible to share presets between these two current models that are so close in configuration. Yes, I understand that there are a handful of settings that differ but surely this would be easily solved by a warning "this preset was created on a newer system, some settings are not imported". Instead we have to resort to spreadsheets sharing settings. I'm very grateful Yek that you went through the trouble and It's all really strange to me that this is the easiest solution.

Last edited:
Seems like your system settings are not correct. Check the Global menu.

Poweramp 'on' and cabinet modeling 'active', i can get gain on higain presets i don't think i have a global setting problem but i am new to this device, i can't say i am sure..

Almost all of your presets sounded like crunch tone...I will record samples after work..If you think about something specific i should check, please share...Thanks,

For example, if you create a preset from scratch, when you open FAS Modern III, do you get tons of gains?
Or which amp model do you think i can get really higain right out of the stock settings?

Poweramp 'on' and cabinet modeling 'active', i can get gain on higain presets i don't think i have a global setting problem but i am new to this device, i can't say i am sure..

Almost all of your presets sounded like crunch tone...I will record samples after work..If you think about something specific i should check, please share...Thanks,

For example, if you create a preset from scratch, when you open FAS Modern III, do you get tons of gains?
Or which amp model do you think i can get really higain right out of the stock settings?

Maybe you're used to much more gain than I tend to use. I'm not a metal player. And an overload of gain detoriates the tone, IMHO of course.

Still, I can't see how you can call the 5153 preset/settings (Drive at 4, Boost on), or HBE settings/preset, "crunch tone" though.

Maybe you're used to much more gain than I tend to use. I'm not a metal player. And an overload of gain detoriates the tone, IMHO of course.

I totally agree what you say..I have used a Line6podhd for almost 5 years and try to record metal tracks with headphones only...Now with axe and studio speakers this is a new world to me..After using headphones for a long time, maybe i feel like i need more gain, because as you know it sounds really different(gain-wise) at lower and higher volumes.
I think i need to learn and reset my ears and check again the tones you have mentioned. :encouragement:

Last edited:
Reactions: yek
Tape 50. Just a little Drive / Sat, somewhere between 70 and 90.

Drive block: depends on Amp and intended use.

And another thing i couldn't fix is, i have too much 125Hz from all presets(not from only yek's presets, almost all of the higain presets). Is this normal?
Finally i put a graphic equalizer at the end of the chain, and pull the 125Hz all the way down(-12), it destroyed the tone but 125HZ value on the multimeter dropped to just -15 value..
My guitar has EMG 81-85 and i have the peak mostly at palm muted A,B and C powerchords.. Is this because of the guitar or do you see that frequency jump too?

Edit: I see that on my ibanez RG2570(stock pickups) too..
125.jpg

Back
Top Bottom