Terminator Genisys ----I'll Be Back

i'm sorry, but this just looks terrible and ridiculous. take all the best bits from the first two movies (including some of the dialogue), mash it all together and serve it up on a big plate of CGI. arnie must really be hurting after his divorce settlement and all those years of back dated child support he's had to pay to get on board with this load of tripe. haven't they milked this franchise enough? it'll be down to "highlander" standards soon. i can't see there's any artistic justification for this movie whatsoever. will i watch it? probably.

What the heck is "artistic justification"?

I mean, it's not as though time travel hasn't been an element with the Terminator series from the start. So, where you see it as "mash[ing] it all together" I see them finally going back to the time travel element actually playing a vital role in the plot. Everyone freaked out when they started talking about the Sarah Connor Chronicles too, and that ended up being really good. I think I'll wait until I've seen more than 2 minutes of footage before passing judgment.

Or maybe shitting on something based on 1/60th of its running time is totally legit.

i'm sorry, but this just looks terrible and ridiculous. take all the best bits from the first two movies (including some of the dialogue), mash it all together and serve it up on a big plate of CGI. arnie must really be hurting after his divorce settlement and all those years of back dated child support he's had to pay to get on board with this load of tripe. haven't they milked this franchise enough? it'll be down to "highlander" standards soon. i can't see there's any artistic justification for this movie whatsoever. will i watch it? probably.

Honestly, I preferred the direction that Terminator Salvation went in. This just looks like a rehash of old ideas that to me are getting tired and overused. I'd like to hope that the trailer will be a poor showcase for the movie, but from previous experience (IMO) if a film trailer looks dodgy, the film isn't that far behind.

Someone in the franchise should give Christopher Nolan a call. ;)

I don't see how anything they seem to be doing is a rehash, they're basically completely shifting away from everything that's come before, while also having fun with some callbacks. But, hey, opinions...

Well, a couple of suggestions..... Firstly, don't use Arnie. However, it is basically a vehicle for him and overall a business decision by the execs (supposition on my part) to pull in more viewers. Second rehash is the use of liquid metal for a Terminator (or what I assume is a terminator at this point). That's a rehash of the main villain from T2. Right there are 2 instances of rehashing old ideas. Callbacks make me roll my eyes and resign myself to a lack of originality. What happened to creating new one liners? Maybe it's a cultural thing, maybe I'm just getting very cynical of movies...... I can understand why they use callbacks in trailers but it just seems unimaginative. If someone is being paid to write a movie, then they should write a movie and not rely on the past to do some of their work for them.

Or maybe I'm missing something. Is there more out there about the film that isn't in the trailer, such as a known storyline?

I don't think having an actor return and having a type of character return automatically indicates rehash. Was T2 a rehash because Arnold came back? Because the T800 came back?

I thought the general plotline was evident from the trailer, but, the general idea is apparently that Kyle gets back to '84 and it turns out that Sarah has had a terminator protecting her since she was a child. So, there's some kind of twist that's still a secret, thankfully, that's led to the timeline getting altered.

So, in my opinion, a very creative use of the time travel element to do some things that could be potentially very interesting. Just the simple extension of the idea from T2 that the Terminators learn, and the one with Sarah in this has been with her for years now, is intriguing.

I don't think having an actor return and having a type of character return automatically indicates rehash. Was T2 a rehash because Arnold came back? Because the T800 came back?

I thought the general plotline was evident from the trailer, but, the general idea is apparently that Kyle gets back to '84 and it turns out that Sarah has had a terminator protecting her since she was a child. So, there's some kind of twist that's still a secret, thankfully, that's led to the timeline getting altered.

So, in my opinion, a very creative use of the time travel element to do some things that could be potentially very interesting. Just the simple extension of the idea from T2 that the Terminators learn, and the one with Sarah in this has been with her for years now, is intriguing.

I'm still gonna watch it!! :)

I think "I'll be back" refers to multiple time travel events. I like just about anything with time travel, for some reason.

And "get to the choppa" may refer to Arnie bashing into a helicopter rotor with his head. :lol

They did the same thing with Star Trek, eF up the timeline and create an alternate timeline so you can keep cranking out a new CGI version of the movie with different storyline, directors and actors (less the star). I'll wait for the DVD and rent it.

Back
Top Bottom