New IR sets?

I'd LOVE to see some Bogner Golfinger 2x12 Cab IRs / as many variations as possible besides standard G12H30+Greenback 25 combo.

Has anyone tried Tayden speakers... OMG!. why I have not tried these before is beyond me!. they are very very good!..I have a few of those incoming..

Including..(this is some of)

4x10 Jensons
1x12 Jenson Special Edition
4x12 EV12 + 2x12 Mesa EV (oversized)
2x12 Tayden (yay)
4x12 Celestion Specials (50th)
1x12 OR 2x12 Emminece Fang

Thats all I know.. so far! and this may change..(there are about 20 more) but will find out more when I can.

I bought the Legends and 3 from the Delta that interested me. In practice I keep going back to the Messiah (mix of 1 and 2) combined with reverb which ticks the boxes for me. I have a hard time liking the combined mics (including room mics) as I hear phasing that I don't like.

I'm personally still looking for great IRs for 2x12 open back (oval) with either 2x G12-65 or Scumback M75. Creambacks 65 and 75 might be cool as well. I have the OH but they're not doing it for me.

Andy :
Your Marshall 4x12 mix is THE best IR i have played until now….and owning all the Ownhammers and redwirez and other packages………!!!

So for me would be more of those 'sound' as the Marshall you have done………by far the best for both studio and live…..Many thanks !!

My .02

You're lacking in good 4x12 V30 cabs as far as your collection goes. I know there are a lot of those out there from Ownhammer and Fractal, but I believe people would like your take on those in a 4x12. The Matamp 4x12 with V30s sounds very boxy and thin compared to other 4x12 V30 cabs out there. Maybe that's how the real cab sounds too, but that's how I hear it. I'm guessing you could do a great Marshall G12H30...or there seems to be a lack of good Scumback speaker captures out there now.

One other thing for me, but your SM57 captures, particularly on the 4x12 Greenback in the Legends, sound really odd to my ears compared to other SM57s of a similar cab. Thankfully, the S545 captures sound amazing.

I have the legends pack. The main reason I haven't pulled the trigger on the Delta pack yet is the need for me to create the files for the axe m self with cab lab. My favorite thing with the legends pack was the pre-cooked room mixes. I use them almost exclusively for my presets.

As far as what I'd like to see, the Axe is lacking in UR 1x15 options.

One of the best speaker cabinets is THD 2x12 with original speakers longhorn and vintage. Maybe Andy could do some THD Ir´s for us.

I'm quite happy with what I've bought from you. The only thing I'm missing is a made-from-unobtanium IR set of this cabinet:

trey-a-cabinet.jpeg

Well, yesterday I went through all my cabs & stock of what I have (speaker wise) Plus a few of whats incoming

This is what is there.. THAT I have not captured yet. (all my previous captures have been removed from this list)

Tayden True Brit
Tayden Brit 60
Tayden Ace 50
Tayden Smooth 12
Tayden New Vintage

WGS American Vintage
WGS ET90
WGS Reaper
WGS Black Hawk
WGS Black & Blue

Celestion G12T-75
Celestion G12H-30 Anniversary
Celestion G12M65 CreamBack
Celestion G12 EVH

Emminence EJ1250
Emminence Cannabis Rex
Emminence Lil Texas
Emminence Swamp Thing
Emminence Texas Heat
Emminence The Governor
Emminence Private Jack
Emminence RedFang
Emminence TheWizard
Emminence Legend

So quite a few!...

Has anyone tried Tayden speakers... OMG!. why I have not tried these before is beyond me!. they are very very good!..I have a few of those incoming..

Including..(this is some of)

4x10 Jensons
1x12 Jenson Special Edition
4x12 EV12 + 2x12 Mesa EV (oversized)
2x12 Tayden (yay)
4x12 Celestion Specials (50th)
1x12 OR 2x12 Emminece Fang

Thats all I know.. so far! and this may change..(there are about 20 more) but will find out more when I can.

Well I also bought all of your cab-packs, and am very happy with them, also with the low gain stuff, as I am mainly a high gainer, but not exclusively ;-)
You really do a very good work!

So I would also be interested in a new cab pack!
As for the cabs, as you say, I am really looking forward to test those Tayden speakers...
What would also be very cool to have, as mentioned before, are bass cabs (4x10 and 1x15/18)! There really are not that much to be found. And aside the Emminence, I really would appreciate some Randall cabs, as I also like them.

Also what I have played and was very surpriced how good they sounded was: A Hughes&Kettner Attax cab from the 90ies, and a Peavey 400W cab (unfortunately couldn't find out what type it was, but was one with a Engl-like metal diamond-shaped-grill, not with a "cloth"). This sounded awesome. Would be cool to see those in any future cab pack, if possible...

Thank you for your work so far.
Greetings

Btw.: The Art&TangoJR-Mix is still one of my favourite cab and often used by me ;-)

I don't think I represent a majority here, but I'm prone to buy IR packs that are AxeFX friendly (i.e. syx files). I only see .wav on the site for the delta pack. Don't know if that mattered to anyone else or not. Unlike some selective users, I will totally whore it up with IR packs.

Greetings..

I have the opportunity to do a lot more cabs from various boxes that will be incoming to my studio soon..

The Legends pack there was a lot of love for, but the Delta sort of missed the target by shifting just a few (that did not recoup my costs), and not sure why as they are magnificent.
So this is to see if there is any interested in me spending time/effort/money on this to be rewarding for you, and for myself

Let me know..

(The cabs are unknown exactly at present, but they range across the board, 1x12, 2x12, 4x12's)

Well, yesterday I went through all my cabs & stock of what I have (speaker wise) Plus a few of whats incoming

This is what is there.. THAT I have not captured yet. (all my previous captures have been removed from this list)...

<big list removed for scrolling pleasure>

So quite a few!...

Hi Andy,

Any chance in this batch that you can get hold of to capture:
Eminence Kappa Pro 15b
Eminence Lab 15
Eminence DEFINIMAX 4015LF
Eminence Red Coat B15
Eminence Basslite C2515
Eminence Basslite S012
Eminence Legend B810

I mention these for the most part, because these sound good on bass and on guitar with certain amps.

Your current list has me intrigued to see which cabinets you load them into.

Keep up the stellar work.

Best,
Dr B

Hi Dr. Bonkers.. (wow that sounded odd)

All the above are simply guitar speakers indeed, will be offered in a variety of cabinets, Im actually getting a few custom made cabs of the finest quality to host some of these, in a 1x12, 2x12 & 4x12 format to go along with the many others I have, Zilla cabs, Bogner, Marshall, Fender etc etc. the fun will start when I decide what speaker sounds best in what wood... but of course before that, I need to aggressively wear them out a bit (the speaker) so I'll be soaking them in constant low tones for 36 hours or so to make them ready to cook!......or I could just put on a HipHop album. (yikes).. I'll think I'll do the 36 hours!

Regarding Bass speakers.. this IS still on my to-do-list. and will be done either along side this next release, OR directly afterwards..these have to be tackled quite differently but Im fully committed in bringing the best I can, and as much as I can so everyone can have a choice and not bottle-necked by a few "good" IR's of a certain speaker.

My only dilemma is how to release them, in .WAV format, Or in the Syx format.. they both have its pro's & cons.

I have the Legends and Studio Delta pack. As always, they are fantastic quality, but I do find having to convert wav files in ca blab a bit of a pain especially (as I understand the release notes) the room/ambient mics cannot be converted with cab lab which is strange seeing as Andy has said they play a vital role in the IR.

Also, I'm a lazy bastard so if I had my way I'd have loads of production mixes in Syx format.

but I do find having to convert wav files in ca blab a bit of a pain

As a side note (if you weren't aware of it) Cablab does offer bulk conversions. Point it to a folder and let it go. It's been a while since I've done any conversions so I don't recall if it does sub folders as well. Not judging! :)

especially (as I understand the release notes) the room/ambient mics cannot be converted with cab lab which is strange seeing as Andy has said they play a vital role in the IR.

I have the Legends pack and don't recall this. Was this only in the Delta pack? What format(s) are the Ambient /Room mics in?

Well you can of course use the Room IR's.. but they are extra long in length, around 600ms or so. after the conversion via cablab to the axefx, they will be truncated down to 180 or so, and may suffer due to this. (or may sound strange), on testing, they did not sound terrible, but they did not sound like they are suppost to either. - the idea here is to use the axefx as a preamp and then use an external device for cabs (or a IR loader in your DAW) - for live use they would not be needed, so load the close miced cabs and off you go!.

Been wondering... when you and others [ of course you can't answer for other people :eek: ] are making IRs do you use 1 speaker in a 1x12 and 2 in 2x12 and sofort or is it just one placed in each speaker cabinet?

Back
Top Bottom