[Fremen] presets V15.02 uploaded

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor
'sup guys...

Fremen's guitar blog: Axe-Fx II presets for firmware 15.02

A quick rundown :

00:16 Various electro-acoustic simulation presets (made for my Ibanez RG520)
01:40 Eighties style pristine clean sounds
02:14 Punchy clean sounds
02:40 Vox like crunch sounds
03:35 Marshall crunch sounds
04:34 Dumble lead (also see this video : Axe-Fx II fw15 Dumble - Loose blues - YouTube )
05:01 Mid & high gain lead sounds
08:50 High gain user cabs shootout, using the same preset and a reamp. Check this part if you don't own the commercial IRs I use in my presets ; it will either help you to choose close sounding IRs from your user cabs, or convince you to buy those IRs !

Check my blog for details on the presets and user cabs. Enjoy !

Sick stuff!

Love it!

I was just trying to do some tone matching for a show on the 18th where I'm playing a solid body SST acoustic.

I can't the high-end to sit right in my tone matches... the high end as shown in the TM block is always overbearing... loving your ac-sim presets!

Thank you so mucho!
Looking forward to another "axefx school day" with Professor fremen!
I'm particularly interested the acoustic sim presets you've come up with this time, as well as exploring the many routing options in your original creations.
HUZZAH!!

As Brother barhrecords mentions in #5 above, I haven't been able to get the high end to sit right in my tone matches. Hoping your presets hold the key, for me!

fremen, can you give us a few words about your expression pedals set up?
I understand you now use 3 expression pedals with your MFC101.

These pedals are not set to exclusive roles throughout your presets, correct?

In my layout, Exp1 is exclusive to volume, Exp2 with spring is WAH/Wammy, Exp3 is anything else (rate control, feedback, ect).

Fremen,

Thanks again!

I may have missed this, but I didn't see your IR recipes in this release. Were you still able to release how you were mixing some of these new IR's?

Thanks!
Brandon

I'm particularly interested the acoustic sim presets you've come up with this time
I guess putting on new strings just before doing it was a good move... I made most of the new acoustic sim presets and recorded the demo with new strings yesterday ; usually on my videos they are several months old ;)

as well as exploring the many routing options in your original creations
Check #0036, Ashes, for that ; I'm using filter blocks to route the guitar signal through different paths

can you give us a few words about your expression pedals set up?
I understand you now use 3 expression pedals with your MFC101.

These pedals are not set to exclusive roles throughout your presets, correct?

In my layout, Exp1 is exclusive to volume, Exp2 with spring is WAH/Wammy, Exp3 is anything else (rate control, feedback, ect).
Correct. Exp 3 is volume, but 1 and 2 depends on the patch. General rules is Exp 2 = wha or whammy, Exp 1 = gain control or special effects. But often I use 1 and 2 to morph in or out various effects like shimmer etc

I may have missed this, but I didn't see your IR recipes in this release. Were you still able to release how you were mixing some of these new IR's?

Thanks!
Brandon

Yes I didn't share the recipes this time. There's still the screenshots from my V14.02 though. For 15.02, most of the recipes are non trivial. Redwirez M160 cone is usually between - 8 and -12, and OH R121 louder than that, sometimes - 4, sometimes even 0, like the SM57 IR used. For the FAS cap pack 5 mixes, I usually select the brighter SM57 IR (cap position) and just add the OH R121.

Mr. Fremen. Thank you sir! Once again. You have some great taste for good tones. :)
I recorded a short metallica clip using your Recto1 Red Mdrn "High Gain startup" preset. Sounds so good.

Mr. Fremen. Thank you sir! Once again. You have some great taste for good tones. :)
I recorded a short metallica clip using your Recto1 Red Mdrn "High Gain startup" preset. Sounds so good.
Thanks ! Nice clip, sounds good :) Overdubbing and panning left/right is always a winning combination, I should do that more for my demos !

Thanks Fremen.
I actually like, that your demos have only one guitar track. It gives the exact raw tone, that the presets offer, when playing.

Back
Top Bottom