Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.00 Public Beta

ITT: Folks who don't seem to understand what Beta means.

Programming is part of my livelihood; I don't think a lack of understanding of what Beta means is fair to say of others, some just choose not to be Beta testers.

Honestly; these days, I simply don't have the time for another backup, loading Beta firmware, testing everything on all 20 of my regularly used patches, reloading if necessary, etc...

I'll wait for the full release of the firmware and load it when it fits my schedule; that's my choice, others can choose otherwise.

same here
I really like 14.0 so I will wait for any bugs that appear to shake out and see what the general consensus is on Cliffs latest epiphany

+1. I always wait for the Axe Edit release, actually. Even when stuff is not buggy, get the benefit of others experience as early adopters on what needs to be tweaked or any gotchas when updating patches, settings, etc.

Bump!

(Kidding...)

I mostly upgrade immediately, but I would not if I had work to do (i.e. Gigs...) Anything else would be irresponsible until I have sufficient time to vett out anything I might do on stage. ANYTHING.

This is also true for non-beta releases...if you haven't checked it all out, you're asking for trouble...(would you put a pedal in your chain you've never used before 5 minutes before you went onstage?)

I'll probably wait until it is no longer Beta.
Me too. I generally grab new releases straight off the presses (so to speak) but between the day job and a new band, I just don't have the time to deal with potential bugs and dialing in my go-to presets.

Version 15b loaded last night. Reset my amps on three presets so far and no major changes to the sound only that it sounds great and I haven't had to do any tweaking on those 3 presets. Its not like I loaded it up and everything changed.

I had an idea last night. I'm going to add an "Update Amp Blocks in All Presets" function to the Utility menu. This will set all parameters in each amp block in all presets to the default values EXCEPT for the following:
Drive (Input Drive, Overdrive, etc.)
Bass, Mid, Treble, Bright
Presence, Depth
Cut, Fat, Bright and Fat switches
Master Volume and Output Level
Pick Attack
Thunk

So all the advanced parameters and any others not listed above will be set to default values.
Thanks for implementing that! That's exactly what I was hoping for.

On a side note: I checked that MV-does-not-reset issue again and it turned out that I only used default MV except on one preset. And on this single preset it indeed got resetted without me noticing. So yes, I was wrong.

With all due respect for personal opinions; something needs to be cleared up.

There are some that don't realize how Fractal Audio defines Beta; here let me quote the comment that began this entire thread that sums it up quite nicely....

It's beta. It probably has bugs. It will change the sound of things. Presets created with this are not compatible with earlier firmware so back your presets up.

There is a reason that Beta is called Beta.

FW 15 and I are a love story. I look forward to playing with it as soon as I get home and we breathlessly await our time together. It fulfills me in ways that I could not have imagined. If Axe development stops here I will be completely happy.

Again, can't speak for others.....but...

It is so dang quick and easy to backup presets and firmware now with Fractalbot!

Then load up and test drive latest and greatest epiphanies from Cliff! Jam away and enjoy the ride!!

Reload previous firmware and presets .....then head to gig with confidence!

Can some one helf me I was incidentally refresh all my presets and I tried to turn on the power and I got no spond I don't known what to do please helf thanks in advance sorry for my bad english

I've been working with 15b since the day it came out. Reworked just 3 or 4 presets. And Im really loving it. My Mesa patch (using usa lead, usld+, usld brt and usld brt+) has 4 scenes, and I'm not using the drive block anymore (still there but bypassed). I think the amps breathe fire now, and the distortion character is simply outstanding. That is the patch Im using the most. Switching from 7 string, to full mahogany set neck guitar, to a Strat and a Vigier. They all translate beautifully with the same patch! Thanks again Cliff.

Leo Zuker
https://www.youtube.com/user/TakaraGold
http://soundcloud.com/leo-zuker

Thanks for your post, I have a 7 string as well as 6. Going to wait till 15 get's out of beta, but your post does sound promising:D

I've been working with 15b since the day it came out. Reworked just 3 or 4 presets. And Im really loving it. My Mesa patch (using usa lead, usld+, usld brt and usld brt+) has 4 scenes, and I'm not using the drive block anymore (still there but bypassed). I think the amps breathe fire now, and the distortion character is simply outstanding. That is the patch Im using the most. Switching from 7 string, to full mahogany set neck guitar, to a Strat and a Vigier. They all translate beautifully with the same patch! Thanks again Cliff.

Leo Zuker
https://www.youtube.com/user/TakaraGold
LionZion's comments on SoundCloud - Hear the world

just to add my 2 cents:
tested 15b with 10 patches and i found to have the larger diffrence in sound with the dizzy model. Need to adjust treble, presence, MV to recover something "similar"... but anyway, it sounds really good to me (never played a VH4, but had a Diezel Einstein).

and there are so much amps to deal with !! if Dizzy doesn't do the trip for any reason, a FAS modern, or Severe or... will do ! and if there are some adjustments to be done on models (beta release), the next official will fiwe that, or a 15.01 ... have no threat with FAS team !

I played a gig last night with 15b, I used a 7 string Strandberg guitar, several different amps and complex fx routings. It felt amazing, I think it's the best tone feel Ive had with the AxeFx by far. The dynamics, touch, and pick attack and so good, also the controlled feedback was very natural and happened easily when I wanted it to. I was using a Matrix GT1000 power amp into a Matrix FR212 cab, I had no issues whatsoever, It just sounded so good.

Big thanks to Cliff and crew for all the hard work.

Ede Wright

Back
Top Bottom