TX Star Clean MV???

Irotlas

Inspired
LonestarSettings.jpg

JP has MV at noon just like AXE FX models MV defaults at noon, but it's "clean" in real life and axe fx breaks up/distorts MV at noon.

Lowering MV in axe fx makes it clean but how come it's modeled like that, mv at noon distorts? Not a big deal but I'm just curious because MV default at noon and it's called CLEAN but it's not clean at default....

The Master Volume tapers are not matched to the tapers on the actual amp.
So noon on the real LoneStar doesn't necessarily translate to noon on the model.

yep I know they're not matched but I find it weird/confusing if amp model is supposed to be clean but MV defaults so it breaks?

Cliff told that they're not matched but set to good starting point? Clean amp distorting is not a good starting point IMO...

Yes, it's probably the guitar.

I'm using a Tele, bridge pickup, MV at 5, Input Trim at 5, and it's totally clean, even when hitting hard.

I already told that lowering MV solved the "problem", it's not a problem.

I just find it stupid that by default you have to tweak few parameters the get clean amp sound clean, it's a practical issue, not a problem. If higain amp sounds totally clean by default wouldn't that be silly?

offtopic: there answers are once again like "don't question the axe fx, do this and that and you're good to go", I know Clark Kent knows what I mean ;)

Yes, it's probably the guitar.

I'm using a Tele, bridge pickup, MV at 5, Input Trim at 5, and it's totally clean, even when hitting hard.

yes of course it's the guitar, axe fx is perfect and there's no way to problem is in the model...

I use PRS CE24 with standard PRS humbuckers

Huh? I didn't mean to attack you, don't get all defensive.

I really think it's the difference between guitars.
It's the same with some Fender factory presets. Perfectly clean when using a strat, but they start to distort when using humbuckers.

I'm looking at Andy Timmons' LoneStar settings now. He plays a strat, has a clean tone and has Input Drive at 5 and MV at 10 o'clock or so.

that was a joke Yek, but that's how things usually go here :)

Andy has some great sounds! I don't know his settings but,

I was referring to John Petrucci's settings and EBMM use humbuckers and they are pretty close to PRS, never heard JP's clean sounds distort. I know my pickups are pretty hi output but not that much for sure...

I tested my Johnny Marr custom shop fender jaguar with it and the default amp was totally clean.
I switched over to an EMG equipped esp guitar and it clipped.

Its the guitar you use sir.

Now apologize to kind Yek and the fractal boys and have a good day.

It sounded good with my guitar at noon so that's where I set it. I wanted a little break-up. The term "Clean" refers to the channel (as opposed to the Lead channel). If it is too dirty for you at the default settings you can use reduce the gain and/or MV to get less distortion. On the "Pre" page of the Amp block is a knob labeled "Input Drive". Turn that down to get less distortion. Or, on the "Pwr" page is a knob labeled "Mstr". You can also turn that down to get less distortion. Compensate for the volume reduction by increasing the "Level" knob.

Just imagine like in a real amp. Somebody else played it before and tweaked the controls and set the MV too high for your taste. So... solution is lower it yourself. :encouragement:

Just imagine like in a real amp. Somebody else played it before and tweaked the controls and set the MV too high for your taste. So... solution is lower it yourself. :encouragement:

NO!! It has to sound exactly how I think it should! It's just wrong otherwise. With every guitar I own, I might add. low output singles to the hottest hg's known to man!

I can't even deal sometimes...

Petrucci use the middle pos mostly on clean, don't he?

Mid pos on my old JP had split, outer single coils, in this position. It sounded much more like a SC than a humbuker IIRC.

Anyway, it sounded pretty clean with my settings. I don't care how other set it though.
I set it where i like it. And this amp sounds really good IMHO.

Great sounding amp, I found it broke up a bit too much with my Musicman Albert Lee (twin humbuckers) so I turned the virtual knobs down a bit (MV and Input Trim) and it cleaned up perfectly which was just as well as I was ready to post a very strongly worded complaint about it on here let me tell you.

Works nicely with the TAF Vox mix IR.

It sounded good with my guitar at noon so that's where I set it. I wanted a little break-up. The term "Clean" refers to the channel (as opposed to the Lead channel). If it is too dirty for you at the default settings you can use reduce the gain and/or MV to get less distortion. On the "Pre" page of the Amp block is a knob labeled "Input Drive". Turn that down to get less distortion. Or, on the "Pwr" page is a knob labeled "Mstr". You can also turn that down to get less distortion. Compensate for the volume reduction by increasing the "Level" knob.

Yes. Like I said lowerin MV a bit made it work and it sounded awesome and clean. This is NO problem, I just wanted to discuss about MV in this amp. Once again few people got this whole thread wrong wich wasn't a surprise at all so I don't bother...

But anyway thanks a lot adding this amp to the collection!! :)

Back
Top Bottom