Will Axe-FX II have brand new, realistic presets available?

Cool !! You see what just a little bit of complaining and bitching can do fellas. Works like a charm.

Now if only Cliff would come and cut my lawn(or send one of his beta testers to do it) lol

Oh, I will come cut your lawn. With a blowtorch... (cue evil laughter:) mahahahahahahaa! :D

did you see good fellas? I have a feeling if Cliff read this he would say nice very cool glad you like the podfarm, oh you want to buy the axe 2, bash you in the head to death with the axe 2 and tell you "now go home and get yer podfarm (shinebox)", lol.

Yeah, I saw the movie.

Henry Hill: Thirty-five, forty, forty-five, fifty, sixty thousand.
Jimmy Conway (Cliff) : It's gonna be a good summer.

I actually thought Cliff's presets were a great blend of some classic song/artists tones and a lookwhaytheaxecando tones. I found most perfectly useable with only minormtweaking to my particular taste/guitar. Not the typical unusable presets found on compeitor gear. I tend to prefer artist/song tones but there were some lookiehere examples that were inspiring. Also loved several posted tones including Dweezil's VH Tuned down 1/2 step and Mark Day's Spirit of Radio patch. I look at the signal chain of those patches and have no idea how the heck they figured out how to do that. Even after three years with the Axe, I'm still a novice.

Agreed... I wonder how many people REALLY went through every single preset and spent some actual time testing them out with a guitar or two... yeah, that's what I figured.
I did it one night - we had a guitarist get together with the AxeFX Standard (all decent players) and we took turns with different guitars, one person taking say 10-15 presets and trying to play "in the style" of the preset. It was an eye opening experience, there was actually a LOT of good stuff in there. I took quick notes on my top 20-30 and ended up using those as a basis for almost all of my patches.
Some really creative stuff was done with dual amps, pitch detune, chorus, verb, etc...
Hell, to this day I have no idea how they configured the "Track Wah" patch but it sounds freaking incredible (I think I tweaked the amp behind it, SLO100 I guess, but not much more).
I see even MORE complaining, mostly by people who are too lazy to disable the FX on a patch to hear what's doing... Guitarists are incredibly obnoxious most of the time...

I went through all of them over the first week I got my Ultra. I wanted to get a feel for the stock presets before I started editing things. Lots of good stuff...can't wait for some re-done patches coming loaded onto the Axe II!!!

Totally agreed. I thought there were tons of "meat n potato" patches from all different styles of sounds and playing. There were a great many that sounded excellent with VERY minor tweaking.

Instead of brand-new, realistic presets the Axe-Fx II will have the oldest, most non-realistic presets possible gathered from classic gear of the past including the ART SGX-2000, Alesis Midiverb, Zoom 2020 and, of course, the Rockman X100.

:) I had forgotten I used to own an SGX-2000....had a real 12ax7 for 'authentic tube sounds' didn't it? I seem to remember that it was impossible to create anything even remotely nice sounding using it (the tube). does anybody remember the preset 'psycho tubes' or something like that? Good Lord it was the most horrible sounding, but just for nostalgias sake if you could include it in the Axe II it would be appreciated !!

Good Lord it was the most horrible sounding, but just for nostalgias sake if you could include it in the Axe II it would be appreciated !!

The "Politician" tone from Robben Ford is, IMO, one of the most horribles recorded guitar tones of the century (completely squeezed) but a lot of people still thinks is a "reference" Dumble tone....thanks Lord not!!!
So, why not? Let's have some Rockman and SGX presets to waste our time trying to get a decent sound out of it....:lol

But I want to get the best organic tones in history without much fuss. Is that too much to ask?

I expect fractal to put me in the most user friendly tonal nirvana that is possible without the MIT graduation requirement. Simple really.lol

I for one, love the quest for my own tone. It is like actually finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow when you finally "nail it". Now that is "Organic"!
Is there a reason so many people now a days, seem to want instant grat, and are not even remotely willing, or even interested in reasonably working for it? If it were that easy, we would all have a grammy, or ten.
The tools are in here - Now it is time for you to spend a little time earning and creating YOUR TONE, not just playing some tone in a box. The reward is that which comes directly from your own effort. The reward is earned, not only purchased my friend. You will get out of it, what you put into it. Patience.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom