Will Axe-FX II have brand new, realistic presets available?

The process of making presets is very easy. I'm sure you'll find it very easy to move around and create. When the II comes out I bet it will have quite a few presets from the standard and ultra. I only have five presets in mine and I made them. ;0) and one is pretty loaded with enough effects to come from clean to crunch to full on leads with massive gain (for me that is) to ethereal sounds by stepping on a few switches on the MFC, and that patch took me 10 minutes to make maybe.

Larry

The process of making presets is very easy. I'm sure you'll find it very easy to move around and create. When the II comes out I bet it will have quite a few presets from the standard and ultra. I only have five presets in mine and I made them. ;0) and one is pretty loaded with enough effects to come from clean to crunch to full on leads with massive gain (for me that is) to ethereal sounds by stepping on a few switches on the MFC, and that patch took me 10 minutes to make maybe.

Larry

Can't wait to hear some clips or even better a video demo from you Larry :)

It would be awesome if Cliff was able to get artists like Vai/Petrucci/Loomis etc to share their patches as presets.

Hopefully every decent tone on the next unit doesn't have a patch that you have to graduate from MIT to understand.
Guitarists for the most part are meat and potatoes type dudes. Most iconic tones of the last 50 years are pretty basic stuff without too much fuss.
I love that the Axe Fx can communicate with alien life forms with some of the crazy effects it has. That definitely has it's place and is appreciated(certainly by Charlie Sheen). But I want to get the best organic tones in history without much fuss. Is that too much to ask?
I bring to the table my high quality guitars , FRFR and my not as high quality but pretty good chops and ears. I expect fractal to put me in the most user friendly tonal nirvana that is possible without the MIT graduation requirement. Simple really.lol
And if this proves to be the case I will also bring my $2200 to the table. I own an Ultra since last year and it is good but certainly has a problem with foreplay lasting far too long. Here's hoping the Axe2 gets to the good stuff a lot quicker.

Obviously it depends on the user\player. I had\have no problem with a few minutes of tweaking on a preset I like and getting a great tone. Been playing guitar for 30+ years so I do have some experience. All depends on your needs. YMOV

But I want to get the best organic tones in history without much fuss. Is that too much to ask?

LOL! That made me laugh. Either you have entitlement issues or are comic genius. Not sure which. :)

It seems to me that the box has always had good tones in it but as the firmware has advanced there is less tweaking to get there. By all accounts, AXE II is another very significant step in this direction.

Cliffs description of the Gen 2 algos is very interesting & exciting - e.g. a couple of months of R & D just to get the transformer modelling down. With this kind of attention to detail & committment, it certainly bodes well & you might just get your wish (here's hoping). Not quite as non-trivial to get there as you seem to think though.

I actually thought Cliff's presets were a great blend of some classic song/artists tones and a lookwhaytheaxecando tones. I found most perfectly useable with only minormtweaking to my particular taste/guitar. Not the typical unusable presets found on compeitor gear. I tend to prefer artist/song tones but there were some lookiehere examples that were inspiring. Also loved several posted tones including Dweezil's VH Tuned down 1/2 step and Mark Day's Spirit of Radio patch. I look at the signal chain of those patches and have no idea how the heck they figured out how to do that. Even after three years with the Axe, I'm still a novice.

many people dont care for the "over effected" patch, but for me, it gives a good blue-print on "how to" recreate certain effects. i know how to dial in an amp from a "raw" state- personally, I think the over-effected patches are a great learning tool.

Larry

Larry, it sounds like youdont have the 2, but when you get it I would love for you to share your all in wonder patche"s" thanks.

Hey symphx,

I do have the Axe Fx II and I now have 12 great patches. ;0) I'm unable to make clips until Tuesday night when I get back home. I can and will share the patches, once the II is available for every one.

Larry

Dialing up your own presets is honestly now a no-brainer. The learning curve is diminished greatly. Getting killer raw tones - usable ones live and recording - is practically as easy as 1-2-3.

No BS either. It's really that fast, that easy.
How much of a difference do the extra encoder knobs on the front make a difference to you? I'd imagine that it speeds things up a bit for roughing stuff in.

How much of a difference do the extra encoder knobs on the front make a difference to you? I'd imagine that it speeds things up a bit for roughing stuff in.

To be honest, more than I thought it would. Surprisingly so. The front panel is often more efficient and quick than using the editor for adjusting things.

Instead of brand-new, realistic presets the Axe-Fx II will have the oldest, most non-realistic presets possible gathered from classic gear of the past including the ART SGX-2000, Alesis Midiverb, Zoom 2020 and, of course, the Rockman X100.

If it can do Digitech RP1, I'm sold too. :)

Instead of brand-new, realistic presets the Axe-Fx II will have the oldest, most non-realistic presets possible gathered from classic gear of the past including the ART SGX-2000, Alesis Midiverb, Zoom 2020 and, of course, the Rockman X100.

:lol:lol:lol, please don't forget the DOD TEC8!!! :mrgreen

I've owned 3/4 of those. The shame, the shame.... ;) :D

:lol:lol:lol, please don't forget the DOD TEC8!!! :mrgreen

That was my first ever multi effects processor. Wow, if you would have asked me the name of it, I wouldn't have known. I waited outside on thanksgiving of the local music store for the "Black Friday" Sale to buy that for like $225 when I was young. Wow, memories.

Back
Top Bottom