Will Axe-FX II have brand new, realistic presets available?

Instead of brand-new, realistic presets the Axe-Fx II will have the oldest, most non-realistic presets possible gathered from classic gear of the past including the ART SGX-2000, Alesis Midiverb, Zoom 2020 and, of course, the Rockman X100.

I might be able to help model the first 5 presets from the original kidney bean (on dialysis) and some from the short lived 1988-1989 yamaha Rex 50! I think there's one in my moms's garage! A global plasticy adjust parameter in the next firmware update would help though........ :0)

Instead of brand-new, realistic presets the Axe-Fx II will have the oldest, most non-realistic presets possible gathered from classic gear of the past including the ART SGX-2000, Alesis Midiverb, Zoom 2020 and, of course, the Rockman X100.
I owned the SGX-2000, Alesis Midiverb, and the X-100. I actually wouldn't mind a Rockman Ultimatum model. I'd send mine to Cliff today if he was so inclined. Stone me if you must.

I might be able to help model the first 5 presets from the original kidney bean (on dialysis) and some from the short lived 1988-1989 yamaha Rex 50!
OMG, the Rex 50! Had one of those too. Can you say ALIASING?

Last edited:
I still have an original Rockman X100 and a single space rackmount dock for it. Frontier Designs I think?

Anyway, it uses the Rockman internal ports to provide wall wart power and stereo 1/4" outs.

Lord knows if the thing still works though.

- Richard

The ART SGX-2000 is my mates main rig and he loves it and he's always going on about how it's never been beaten lol plays through it every day.
When the day finally arrives and I get my new AXE II and he pops round to see what the fuss is all about, I will have to take a picture of his stunned look. I think he might even pass out, but not before uttering the words "My ART still sounds better....":)

The ART SGX-2000 is my mates main rig and he loves it and he's always going on about how it's never been beaten lol plays through it every day.
When the day finally arrives and I get my new AXE II and he pops round to see what the fuss is all about, I will have to take a picture of his stunned look. I think he might even pass out, but not before uttering the words "My ART still sounds better....":)
I still have my SGX2000 (+X-15) and still play it occasionally, but.. altho' the patches STILL sound PDG... in terms of playability, feel and control, you are talking night/day when A/B'd to ANY of the current AxeFx models. Compared to the AxeFx II, it's not even in the same galaxy!

hahaha i've still got my KORG AX300G. it actually has some cool sounds that i'm yet to clone on my Ultra.

I couldn't care less about the presets, personally; I don't need a prefab sound any more than I need someone to come to my house and play my guitar for me. But I don't see much point in filling up the memory with basic amp-cab-reverb presets that any reasonably experienced guitarist should be able to create on their own in about 5 seconds. I'd much rather see the factory presets used for advanced sounds that would be difficult for most users to create from scratch, not as a replacement for personal presets but as educational examples to learn from. Professional studios are much more likely to benefit from those sounds as well; they certainly shouldn't need help with the simple stuff.

I've tried most everything since the early 90's on up and I always loved the Peavey Tubefex...it had its weakness' but still had some very nice tones.... It would be great to see that tube preamp modeled. It also had the most stereo tools of the day with the exception of eventide.

As far as realistic presets the meat and potato thing is nice but we should all be able to do that..... I love seeing the over the top presets that can sometimes inspire new things....... I was really hoping to see some of Simeon's effects presets show up in the new unit :( .... maybe he will get an axe II and release the ultra versions to us ??? pretty please Simeon :)

Defensive Much?

I don't feel so bad now because I had to do everything in my power not to post a sarcastic comment in here too. It wouldn't have been as funny as Cliff's, but I was all proud of my restraint. :)

I just wonder how many patches that are out there that everyone likes and everyone hates, including user made ones? It's a blank canvas if you want it to be and everyone's tastes are going to differ a bit. There were a number of presets on the Ultra that I didn't really care for, but I bet that there are a lot of people that like them.

It beats starting with 384 blank patches IMHO.

If you edit the patches and turn off all the FX then it is meat and potatoes!

I found a lot of very good basic tones this way when I first started using the Axe.

As far as realistic presets the meat and potato thing is nice but we should all be able to do that..... I love seeing the over the top presets that can sometimes inspire new things....... I was really hoping to see some of Simeon's effects presets show up in the new unit :( .... maybe he will get an axe II and release the ultra versions to us ??? pretty please Simeon :)

I agree. Simeon's presets are very impressive, and although he has yet to share them, perhaps FAS will develop some similar presets that will ultimately find their way into the Axe II.

If you edit the patches and turn off all the FX then it is meat and potatoes!

I found a lot of very good basic tones this way when I first started using the Axe.

I totally agree. I think its worthwhile for new owners to audition the factory presets at gig volume with single coils and humbuckers and try lowering the efx mix.

I liked quite a few factory Ultra patches with no tweaks at all when I cranked them up.

- Richard

Back
Top Bottom