Why Is It Always The Axe FX Getting Destroyed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tone-X has already been killed by NAM. It is 100% free, open-source, and all I hear is that the captures have superior quality

And it works stand-alone with a simple Raspberry-Pi device, a mini soundcard, and some pedal switches

Last edited:
This guy is the Howard Stern Wanna Be of YouTube. I can't understand it but I guess I've played too many boomer bends in my life and my mind is too damaged by loud Marshalls to understand all the shill hype that these "influencers" have resorted to. Opinions are like _____ and they all ______. If you'll excuse me, I've gotta go yell at the rain and the kids on my grass....

This is how he gets clicks. Present controversy.
Laziness and unoriginality. Sam Kenison did it way better.

Comparing TONEX to anything other than the Q*** C***** and Kemper is apples to oranges.

NAM? Let me know when I can throw it in my gig bag. 👍🏻

I don't mind watching his videos for entertainment value, but I always disrespect lose respect for someone who feels the need to crap on someone or something. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean it sucks or is stupid. Glen seems to do this frequently with things concerning music, religion and politics. Nothing worse than a bully pulpit.
Edited to correct context.

Last edited:
After this showed up on my feed since I follow SMG I notice he likes to pick on the Axe FX but it could be said for any piece of gear. As in, all the amps he has sitting in the back ground are now "destroyed" by whatever new stuff comes along. I'm sure the argument would be that amps will still work but the same would be said for the Axe, Kemper, Helix, or whatever box you use. Just because something new comes out doesn't make something you use less relevant to you. It's just an odd way to approach things.

But again, the Axe FX being "destroyed" must be click bait for him as it costs more than the alternatives. The funny thing about something like Tonex is that there are Axe FX III captures that actually sound better than people's amp captures by a long stretch. I guess this goes back to the person's ability to record a good sound. I also don't think he understands that the stuff he compares at times to the Axe FX are not actually comparable feature wise. He has some decent videos but then he has ones that are just dumb. I watched him do a hardware vs software compressor comparison and they were different types of compressors.

The only thing that dude cares about is getting clicks and he's well aware that when he shits on the Axe FX, people get spun up about it very easily (clearly). Therefore, people go watch his videos. I quit watching him years ago. Dude loves to clickbait and that video is exactly how it all works.

Not going to lie... I am intrigued. I just bought an FM9 and it cost me 3K Canadian. It's a brilliant piece of kit, no doubt. But....there are often times where I think, I just want to plug in and riff away - no fuss. I think the ToneX might give me that.... Fractal (and the other modellers) maybe need a bit more work to get there?

I play in a band - I honestly can't see the Tone X ever replacing the routing and I/O capabilities of my FM9. But if I am sitting in front of the computer... I can see the ToneX filling a certain void.
If you're sitting in front of computer most of time at home, avoid the tonex.
I tried it, it's 'editor' is a nightmare

I thought I’d add that when one thing is everyone’s target for comparisons, “just as good as” rants, or “this does this better than X” videos, buy the thing being “destroyed.” Those standard items that the YouBlabbers attack are standards for a reason. Ignore the hot air, don’t click on it (which only encourages these tools to more toolishness), and be happy you have a proven item that sounds great.

Maybe since he is up in Canada this is outlet due to a lack of liberty and free speech hahaha!!! But yes, he is just looking for clicks at this point and not actually trying to help anybody out. It's almost a joke. He does have some decent videos but his job is doing youtube videos, not recording and mixing. I think that is something people overlook when getting youtube opinions, these people are "influencers" and that is it. They may not actually be successful in a relevant field. Really an odd world we live in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom