Why Is It Always The Axe FX Getting Destroyed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeymanx

Inspired
After this showed up on my feed since I follow SMG I notice he likes to pick on the Axe FX but it could be said for any piece of gear. As in, all the amps he has sitting in the back ground are now "destroyed" by whatever new stuff comes along. I'm sure the argument would be that amps will still work but the same would be said for the Axe, Kemper, Helix, or whatever box you use. Just because something new comes out doesn't make something you use less relevant to you. It's just an odd way to approach things.

But again, the Axe FX being "destroyed" must be click bait for him as it costs more than the alternatives. The funny thing about something like Tonex is that there are Axe FX III captures that actually sound better than people's amp captures by a long stretch. I guess this goes back to the person's ability to record a good sound. I also don't think he understands that the stuff he compares at times to the Axe FX are not actually comparable feature wise. He has some decent videos but then he has ones that are just dumb. I watched him do a hardware vs software compressor comparison and they were different types of compressors.

After this showed up on my feed since I follow SMG I notice he likes to pick on the Axe FX but it could be said for any piece of gear. As in, all the amps he has sitting in the back ground are now "destroyed" by whatever new stuff comes along. I'm sure the argument would be that amps will still work but the same would be said for the Axe, Kemper, Helix, or whatever box you use. Just because something new comes out doesn't make something you use less relevant to you. It's just an odd way to approach things.

But again, the Axe FX being "destroyed" must be click bait for him as it costs more than the alternatives. The funny thing about something like Tonex is that there are Axe FX III captures that actually sound better than people's amp captures by a long stretch. I guess this goes back to the person's ability to record a good sound. I also don't think he understands that the stuff he compares at times to the Axe FX are not actually comparable feature wise. He has some decent videos but then he has ones that are just dumb. I watched him do a hardware vs software compressor comparison and they were different types of compressors.

His face alone prevents me from even clicking on that video 😂

I really can’t stand him, but when I saw that thumbnail yesterday I had to laugh at the over the top clickbait aspects of it. As a result, I can never say Fricker has never entertained me. The unfortunate thing is, he does this because people react in the comments section arguing against him when he couldn‘t care less, he’s not in it for the gear.

This is how he gets clicks. Present controversy.

Like every link I see that says "RDJ coming back as Tony Stark". I click, I read, I then get mad at myself for being gullible enough to click.

Glenn only exists because people fall for his bait. As soon as I see his face anywhere, I click somewhere else.

And yes - haters gonna hate.

I used to watch Glenn's channel consistently for quite a few years. However, the child-like contrarianism got on my damn nerves. We all shat on him for missing the point of why Fractal products are so expensive, and he's been loving to hate on them ever since. Probably because his target audience are the same insufferable people who are begging and pleading for Fractal to release an amp modeling VST.

I've noticed that generally, his absolute favorite thing is to be heavily criticized so he can make a video about it later and play the "I'm older than my target audience therefore I'm right" card. Rick Beato has done the same thing at times.

Here's an absolutely mind-blowing thing, though. Years ago, Glenn prominently featured an all-bass metal band, Extinction Level Event, on his channel. Nowadays, he's selling a software drumkit called (wait for it...) EXTINCTION LEVEL EVENT. Of all the possible names you could have gone with? What an asshole.

But he's great at playing the YouTuber game. Props to him for that, I guess.

I like Glenn - he's posted some really useful and well thought thru vids. People here way over react to his schtick imo - the haters stuff goes the other way quite a bit wrt GF.

I like some of his content because at times it can be entertaining. It's kind of funny when he complained all the times about drum sample sets and then released his own. I'm not sure if anybody actually bought it or uses it when there is stuff from Toontrack out there that is miles ahead in features and sound.

I don't think people get that the Axe FX has a ton of effects and what not that have free routing similar to a DAW except it is all in one box. That is how we get those other worldly style sounds with out the need for a bunch of pedals and cable routing.

One thing to add too is that a lot of the interfaces people use don't actually have proper line inputs. It isn't until you get into upper tier interfaces where you actually get proper line inputs so you can use your nice pre amps if you have them. The Axe FX actually provides that as well. I use my Great River pre into the Axe for vocals. So on top of being what it is, it is also a pretty damn good recording interface in comparison to what is available.

You said it, "click bait". I doubt that the video had very little to do with the Axe Fx, or modeling in general, he just knows that having a title screen like that will generate clicks.

Not going to lie... I am intrigued. I just bought an FM9 and it cost me 3K Canadian. It's a brilliant piece of kit, no doubt. But....there are often times where I think, I just want to plug in and riff away - no fuss. I think the ToneX might give me that.... Fractal (and the other modellers) maybe need a bit more work to get there?

I play in a band - I honestly can't see the Tone X ever replacing the routing and I/O capabilities of my FM9. But if I am sitting in front of the computer... I can see the ToneX filling a certain void.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom