Why Is It Always The Axe FX Getting Destroyed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or do. Watching a video more than 0:30 counts as a view. More than enough time to give a thumbs down and close the video.
I've just given it a thumbs down, and there was a pop-up saying "Facebook shared with the creator". What does it mean, that they can see the Facebook of everyone that dislikes?

I've just given it a thumbs down, and there was a pop-up saying "Facebook shared with the creator". What does it mean, that they can see the Facebook of everyone that dislikes?
I don’t believe they see who gives the video a dislike. I believe they either receive a notification or it simply just shows on their analytics.

His schtick is tired, but it's now become the only way he can maintain viewers. I watched a vid of someone roasting him once that was amusing. It was a compilation of a bunch of terrible tones he'd recorded. His favourite target is Line6's cheaper lines. I used to watch a few years ago but it's just the same old crap over and over now.

I think Mr Fricker has a triggered relationship with Fractal as he has never successfully gotten a free AXFX to review. I am pretty sure it grates him no end and is why he never has good things to say about the product. This latest SMG show upload is no exception.
When it comes to all of the Profilers or “Tone Model“ Capture (The name is kinda blurring the difference between “Profiling and Modeling”) they all sound good and have their place, but comparing them to a Modeler like Glenn did shows a basic lack of understanding between the two.
The use of the AXFX in the Music Industry by so many top guitar players should tell you all you need to know about what is the accepted product of choice.
2D39695B-CC39-4492-8A50-FD95A62B3EE3.jpeg

“The AXFX is just an amazing piece of gear man”
Devin Townsend.

I guess F-bombs and screaming get you 500K subscribers. Seriously?
That's the demographic he panders to! it's pretty hard taking someone like that seriously, In a world where we have so many channels to choose from these days that actually produce meaningful and respectful content, I just simply exercise my right to not watch that channel!

I thought I’d add that when one thing is everyone’s target for comparisons, “just as good as” rants, or “this does this better than X” videos, buy the thing being “destroyed.” Those standard items that the YouBlabbers attack are standards for a reason. Ignore the hot air, don’t click on it (which only encourages these tools to more toolishness), and be happy you have a proven item that sounds great.
I agree.....must be why everything is "just as good or better than a Gibson" icon_wink.gif

Glenn turned from a guy making interesting points to a dude posting clickbait, or half-assed sponsored "reviews" and trying to do tutorials while being unaware his mixing skills are subpar. Actually, I unsubscribed after seeing this thumbnail. His most popular opinion is about a piece of gear he never tried.

What really turned me from simply not paying attention to actually disliking him was waking up during a livestream where he was critiquing his member’s mixes, something they have to pay for. He wasn’t giving constructive criticism unless he really liked the song or mix, if he didn’t, he was just insulting people. “Get a real drummer”, “How about you don’t record anything until you learn how to sing”, really below the belt insults that can be brutal for someone younger/just starting recording, heaven forbid someone actually looks up to the guy then gets insulted by him. Maybe I missed the point and paying to be insulted is the point? I dunno. Really rubbed me the wrong way.

This dude’s biggest claim to fame in the actual business of mixing music was re-mixing a song on Geoff Tate’s trash “Queensryche” F.U. album he put out when trying to beat the real band to the punch. The original mix was so bad the fans who bought it bitched enough and the label had it re-mixed. They had Fricker do one song and never even paid him for it.

There are PLENTY of guys with proven records out there that give legit insight, advice and experience with their videos. Produce Like A Pro, Pensado’s Place, URM, etc. Fricker’s lack of actual skill/proven record is precisely why he needs to rely on making troll videos and has garnered a following based off talking shit. His channel is no different than the 50-year old dudes acting like 15-year old edgelords in Blabbermouth comment sections.

What a moron this guy is. Clueless, childish, annoying, constantly finds himself in a position where he goes against things that he has said before (like with his opinions on drum samples and guitar sims - when it suits him financially of course). Haven't heard a single shred of useful info from that channel for at least two years. Also his sound quality on his mixes is average at best. And he can't play for shit to save his life. The funniest thing is there are so many troglodytes out there cheering him on and even complimenting his playing when he can't even hold the pick correctly. Never ceases to amaze how many brain dead idiots are floating around out there.
Just like Carlin said: think of how stupid the average person is and then realize half of them are stupider than that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom