The Ferrari of Axe-Fx editors: iPad w/ Lemur

Thanks solo, i must be doing something wrong, the get all doesnt get all for me....
will keep seeing if i can figure it out..... cheers

Is the temp light blinking. If not, you're not connected and you can't get any parameters loaded.
Thanks solo, i must be doing something wrong, the get all doesnt get all for me....
will keep seeing if i can figure it out..... cheers

Thanks so i just plugged the ipad direct with usb midi cables/ camera connection and its all happening fine now.... so cool just need to make sure some of the components are checked so they show up to.....
thanks again, the tap flashing was the giveaway! boom....

love this thing!!

I'm using it via ad hoc network... It's great! I can have the iPad on a music stand and tweak to my hearts content... Not sure I'd use it live as I don't really tweak much anyway..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have a Camera connection kit and a Alesis USB to Midi.
It works with AxePad but that only works slightly...
My question is if I am at FW9 will it work similar to AxeEdit where things work, but the new stuff is not there yet?

Wired midi is slow and unreliable. There's too much data for it. Wireless via axe II into macbook pro and ipad wireless into Lemur Daemon on MBP is only way that works for all parameters so long as the wireless connection holds.

I have a Camera connection kit and a Alesis USB to Midi.
It works with AxePad but that only works slightly...
My question is if I am at FW9 will it work similar to AxeEdit where things work, but the new stuff is not there yet?
A new version of Axe for Lemur will be released sometime in the next few days. It adds support for the V9 features, and includes buttons to select the Scene.

The new version also adds Multidelay and Mega Tap Delay blocks, and adds a pile of new features, including Fader Zoom and a new retry mechanism to deal with the Lemur incoming sysex bug.

Hardware MIDI does not work well with my template, it is slow and Lemur has a bug that causes problems with incoming MIDI when the incoming data rate is slow. To avoid the problems, use high speed wireless connection between the iPad and PC or Mac, and connect the AxeFXII to the PC or Mac via USB.

That update sound fantastic. Thanks again Scrutinizer. Your evolving template is a beautiful piece of programming. I'm very psyched about the new delay and scene options.

Thanks Scrutinzer! I really appreciate your work and enjoy the lemur template! Looking forward the update.

Can i use Camera connection kit and a usb cable to a pc to use Lemur?

I cannot use wireless because my PC doesn't have a wireless, only Lan internet connection

Can i use Camera connection kit and a usb cable to a pc to use Lemur?

I cannot use wireless because my PC doesn't have a wireless, only Lan internet connection
You can plug directly into the AxeFXII using the Camera connection kit USB adapter, if you first connect the AxeFXII to a PC or Mac. When I had trouble with Wifi during the demo at AxeFest, I used this connection method.

AFAIK, there is no way route Lemur midi over the hardware usb connection between iPad and PC/Mac.

I am not familiar with ad-hoc wifi on the PC, but it is very easy to set up ad-hoc wifi on a Mac to get the iPad and computer talking directly. Ad-hoc support was broken with Lemur 3.2.1 under IOS6, which is why I did not use it at the AxeFest. Lemur version 3.2.2 appears to have fixed this problem. You can add wifi to your PC if it has a spare USB connection, the USB-Wifi adapters are now very inexpensive.

Ad hoc is easy to setup in windows. I use a Netbook for mine. This really is a great thing you have done.
I take back my " I don't think I'd use it live " statement as I'm using it all the time now!

Is there a save button in the latest template? If not, does that mean that the AFX automatically saves every edit made in Lemur?

Also, why are user cabs named as USER 1, USER 2 etc, instead of their real names?

Thanks

Is there a save button in the latest template? If not, does that mean that the AFX automatically saves every edit made in Lemur?

Also, why are user cabs named as USER 1, USER 2 etc, instead of their real names?

Thanks
There is no save button in the template. I do not plan on adding one at this time. There are many other things the template can't do: no routing grid, no way to assign modifiers or edit the modifier curves, and a few blocks are not yet supported (synth, multiband comp, ring mod, and others). The current priority is to figure ways to reduce Lemur memory usage, the latest template is at 95%, and as it approaches 100% the Lemur IOS app starts to become unstable.

The template does not get the user cab names from the AxeII. Not sure how to do that.

Ok, thanks. So one would have to make adjustments with Lemur and then save on the unit to make any edits permanent? I was hoping to be able to tweak and save during the gig this weekend. Ah well, it's still a great app and your template is freaking awesome!

Would it run faster if there was only Amp/Cab edditing template?
That would be good for just tweaking core sounds, and you can always load a full template later to tweak other things.

Ok, thanks. So one would have to make adjustments with Lemur and then save on the unit to make any edits permanent? I was hoping to be able to tweak and save during the gig this weekend. Ah well, it's still a great app and your template is freaking awesome!
You save edits on Axe-Fx front panel. Like a Ferrari, you give up a few creature comforts for agile, fast editing with the Lemur editor.

I've tweaked and saved during gigs using axe-fx front panel only, and the quick edit knobs make that faster now. With Lemur you're even faster than that. The only bottlenecks now are:

1. On the iPad: loading the block you want to edit (temporarily holding one button in Lemur)
2. On the Axe-Fx: saving with three button pushes -- store>enter>enter

Unless you've stashed your axe-fx off stage and you don't have a mic stand holder for your ipad, you can do this faster than tweaking typical amp and stompbox knobs between songs.

Would it run faster if there was only Amp/Cab edditing template?
That would be good for just tweaking core sounds, and you can always load a full template later to tweak other things.
Great idea. In my sig I've added a link to a 'lite' version with only the comp/drive, amp, and cab/rot pages. Took me about a half hour to fix the script errors after deleting the controls in the other pages. GetAll takes 6.1 seconds to load the five blocks.

With the large template, you can usually hide the controls for a block by tapping the '2' in the lower left corner. This selects the second instance of the block. If the second instance is unused in the preset, the controls disappear, and are ignored during GetAll.

I wonder if we should ask the mods to merge this thread with the 'Ready for Beta Testers' thread? Might be easier if all this info were in one place.

Is this editor for Mac, only? I just bought the app for my iPad, but my computer is a PC.

If it is only for Mac, thankfully, I have a new iMac arriving any day now.

Back
Top Bottom