The Ferrari of Axe-Fx editors: iPad w/ Lemur

The editor template works with FW14.x. However, the template runs on V4.x of Lemur not V5, due to changes Liine made in Lemur V5. I downgraded my V5 to V4 and have loved having it back. It needs to run on V5 and have a few of the latest FW added, but it's still faster than axe-edit.

I did a thread called "calling all coders" to see who was interested in making it work on V5. There was interest, but those with possible skills all said they were short on time to work on it.

How did you downgrade from Lemur V5 to Lemur V4.
When looking at the Apple Store I only see the V5 available.

thx,
Loopie..

How did you downgrade from Lemur V5 to Lemur V4.
When looking at the Apple Store I only see the V5 available.

thx,
Loopie..
Contact support. Ask them if they'll email you installers for V4 when you buy V5. You'll need V4 versions of Lemur for iPad app, Lemur desktop editor and Lemur Daemon.

I've had Lemur since V3. I use Apple's time machine app for backups. When Lemur went to V5 and didn't work on the iPad, I went into backups, pulled out V4 and installed that onto the iPad. Works great, but you don't get buttons/sliders for the latest axe-fx firmware features and amps/cabs.

There are forum members with the skills to update the template, but no one has stepped up despite my efforts.
I'd do it but I don't know how and for the foreseeable future don't have the time to learn.

It's a great product and I still use it to re-dial presets. I just select amps/cabs in axe-edit and do everything else on the iPad.

So could someone confirm
If I buy Lemur for my iPad to edit my Axefx, I need to try and get an old version as the Axe fx editing software does not work with the latest version?
Also I still need my Macbook for it to work (which kind of defeats the object)
And it is very very sluggish when using MIDI?
Is there any benifits in this?

See my post above yours. Physical connection is the same as axe-edit plus a wireless connection, and and you're using a touchscreen instead of a mouse. I never used the midi connection, and I never rework presets at gigs.

Advantage is speed in the time between stopping guitar play, making an edit, and returning to playing.
  • With the touch screen editor your hand is back on the guitar
  • With axe-edit, it's still on the mouse

So could someone confirm
If I buy Lemur for my iPad to edit my Axefx, I need to try and get an old version as the Axe fx editing software does not work with the latest version?
Also I still need my Macbook for it to work (which kind of defeats the object)
And it is very very sluggish when using MIDI?
Is there any benifits in this?

Back
Top Bottom