Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

This is my latest Ax8 rig build that turned out very well. Its very simple but very powerful, because the Mission SP25M Areo pedal is set up with all three outputs functional, the toe switch and two other out's that can really be powerful in scenes or with scene controllers. The board is a Temple Audio Duo 24 and all audio connections use Analysis Plus cable, it all fits perfectly in a Mono bag, the Mono pedal board bags are much better (IMHO) than the soft bags Temple offers but their board tech is great to me.

View attachment 35243 View attachment 35244 View attachment 35245 View attachment 35246 View attachment 35247

@shredward - nice board. I am thinking of getting one of these temple boards.

A couple of questions please?

1) How does the AX8 mount to the board? I see the screw mounts underneath - but how does the AX8 fit to the mounts themselves? Velcro? Or are they in turn screwed into the screw holes underneath the AX8?

2) On the side modules that carry your XLR outs etc. - Do the modules that you order come from Temple with suitable flying leads - or do you need to make up cable yourself and do all the soldering?

Thanks!

Isn't that a Pelican Case? Which model is that, if you don't mind?

lican
It is a pelican, from McMaster Carr. They do not list model numbers but the size is 20-5/8" x 16-7/8" x 8-1/2". It is too tall for just the AX8 but you can see on the other pictures that I made a false bottom to store stuff.

This is the setup I have with my current band.. Doubleneck into AX8 for Bass and Guitar sounds, into Boomerang looper, into mixer. The Moog is also plugged into the looper, so I can overdub parts, and the whole thing is sync'd to Ableton, controlled via Push..

Using the H9 with the AX8? Picked one up last week and running it in the loop. Just curious how it is setup. Been using it for the harmonizer, reverb stuff.

Ok....so here's mine. Just set it up for upcoming rehearsals. As I love my H&K Tubemeister 36, I run it 4CM. Works great! Maybe in the future I'll use it with a power amp (maybe the ISP Stealth), but at the moment this combination works fine for me....getting the tube amp sounds I'm used to, getting great effects from the AX8 and having a backup if my amp blows up. ;-)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 196
Ok....so here's mine. Just set it up for upcoming rehearsals. As I love my H&K Tubemeister 36, I run it 4CM. Works great! Maybe in the future I'll use it with a power amp (maybe the ISP Stealth), but at the moment this combination works fine for me....getting the tube amp sounds I'm used to, getting great effects from the AX8 and having a backup if my amp blows up. ;-)

I've got the tubemeister combo also and have been testing 4cm but find that it really effects the amp tone especially the clean channel, any tips/hints

Using the H9 with the AX8? Picked one up last week and running it in the loop. Just curious how it is setup. Been using it for the harmonizer, reverb stuff.
Can you use the H9 for intelligent harmonies? I find very little info about the harmonizer part of it in any of the videos or documentation.

Can you use the H9 for intelligent harmonies? I find very little info about the harmonizer part of it in any of the videos or documentation.

Have not used the H9 for any intelligent harmonies. I have the Core, purchased ModEcho, Blackhole, Vintage delay, Using mainly for more reverb or delay. I have one preset I use with the included H910/949 algorithm. That algorithm will do basic harmony, 5ths and octaves. Would need to purchase one of the diatonic algorithms to get something in a key. I do like the combination of the AX8 and H9, still using the AX8 for majority of my sound, just H9 is an add-in on most presets.

14479761_10206973043660004_6914315549922613295_n.jpg

No, the H9 is for the Moog Synth.. It kind gives a monophonic synth some of the sounds of the polyphonic one. Using it in conjunction with the AX8 would be a great way of reducing the load on the AX8 processor. It is compact and elegant, and even has a few effects that are difficult for the AX8 to replicate. Luckily I'm going for mostly simple tones here so the route is Guitar-AX8-Boomerang-Mixer.

Got a board done with a Temple 34. Was not wanting this long but weight is not bad. I got hooked on having the multiple expression pedals. My son put together a board with the Atomic.

Attachments

• AX8Board1024.jpg
    AX8Board1024.jpg
    937.7 KB · Views: 234
This is my latest Ax8 rig build that turned out very well. Its very simple but very powerful, because the Mission SP25M Areo pedal is set up with all three outputs functional, the toe switch and two other out's that can really be powerful in scenes or with scene controllers. The board is a Temple Audio Duo 24 and all audio connections use Analysis Plus cable, it all fits perfectly in a Mono bag, the Mono pedal board bags are much better (IMHO) than the soft bags Temple offers but their board tech is great to me.

View attachment 35243 View attachment 35244 View attachment 35245 View attachment 35246 View attachment 35247

Hopefully this doesn't come across wrong, but, what is the purpose of having all the connections on the side on the pedalboard? Seems like it would be easy enough to just plug everything in on the back of the AX8. Again, don't take this question the wrong way, just wondering if I'm missing something.

Hopefully this doesn't come across wrong, but, what is the purpose of having all the connections on the side on the pedalboard? Seems like it would be easy enough to just plug everything in on the back of the AX8. Again, don't take this question the wrong way, just wondering if I'm missing something.

I have sort of the same, all connections routed to the frontside of my board, I did it because:
It looks clean when everything is connected
Better possibility for labeling
The connections on the AX8 will not go bad because of wear after 1000's times plugging in/out
If someone is hooked behind the cable, only the external connector can brake.
So in the last 2 cases it easier and cheaper to replace.

I have sort of the same, all connections routed to the frontside of my board, I did it because:
It looks clean when everything is connected
Better possibility for labeling
The connections on the AX8 will not go bad because of wear after 1000's times plugging in/out
If someone is hooked behind the cable, only the external connector can brake.
So in the last 2 cases it easier and cheaper to replace.
What he said. And I did the same thing. I think it keeps the stage a little cleaner too. I have all of the cables in braided sleves so it looks like one cable coming out.

Back
Top Bottom