Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Awesome. Thanks for the follow up. Trio 28 is the way to go, the Mono pro bag fits, and the holes aren't large enough for the power cord... But nothing a Dremel cant handle I'm sure!
When it comes to the straps, how did you route them? I don't have my ax8 in front of me and I haven't really studied it's base, and I don't know that I see it well enough in the pics. I understand the straps go through the holes in the board, but what do you put them through on the bottom of the ax8? And how many did it take to get a secure hold?
I'm assuming to put the Temple plates on the bottom of the ax8 I'd have to remove the feet. Otherwise, any particular concern about using the plates?
Thanks-

Don't remove the feet!See the photo!The board is perfect fixed whit the plastic band in 5 minutes!
I don't use a dremel ma one simple file!

Attachments

• 20160919_191135.JPG
    20160919_191135.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 361
  • 20160919_191230.JPG
    20160919_191230.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 338
  • 20160919_191311.JPG
    20160919_191311.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 339
  • 20160919_191403.JPG
    20160919_191403.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 325
Awesome. Thanks for the follow up. Trio 28 is the way to go, the Mono pro bag fits, and the holes aren't large enough for the power cord... But nothing a Dremel cant handle I'm sure!
When it comes to the straps, how did you route them? I don't have my ax8 in front of me and I haven't really studied it's base, and I don't know that I see it well enough in the pics. I understand the straps go through the holes in the board, but what do you put them through on the bottom of the ax8? And how many did it take to get a secure hold?
I'm assuming to put the Temple plates on the bottom of the ax8 I'd have to remove the feet. Otherwise, any particular concern about using the plates?
Thanks-
When I attached it, I just removed the feet and put the large plates on and it holds great

AX8, Mission SP1, Quilter Tone Block

Attachments

• 14324516_163056704139767_3345360496419671746_o.jpg
    14324516_163056704139767_3345360496419671746_o.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 144
This is my latest Ax8 rig build that turned out very well. Its very simple but very powerful, because the Mission SP25M Areo pedal is set up with all three outputs functional, the toe switch and two other out's that can really be powerful in scenes or with scene controllers. The board is a Temple Audio Duo 24 and all audio connections use Analysis Plus cable, it all fits perfectly in a Mono bag, the Mono pedal board bags are much better (IMHO) than the soft bags Temple offers but their board tech is great to me.

IMG_1386.jpg IMG_1381.jpg IMG_1384.JPG IMG_1387.jpg IMG_1378.jpg

@shredward - What do you gain by having the two simultaneous swept outputs? Their values are always the same, so I don't see how you gain anything in terms of Ax8 functionality by connecting both.

@shredward - What do you gain by having the two simultaneous swept outputs? Their values are always the same, so I don't see how you gain anything in terms of Ax8 functionality by connecting both.

I have a few patches where I want to control a delay mix, rotary speed, and wahh at the same time but with different slope and damping values, and have the ability to turn one of those effects on/off without needing to change the scene or preset and get a dropout. Im sure there are other ways to do this but this pedal makes it pretty easy to program for me.

But the toe switch on SP25M is TS, whereas the one on SP1 is TRS. Does the toe switch on the SP25M even work on Ax8?

I am thinking about getting an SP25M to replace my SP1, as I would like the longer pedal sweep, and the new looks (I would get the one with the LED base as well, but I don't see any use for the dual outputs of the expression pot, and I am uncertain, if a TS switch even works? Maybe with a special TS-TRS cable, it will be fine?

But the toe switch on SP25M is TS, whereas the one on SP1 is TRS. Does the toe switch on the SP25M even work on Ax8?

I am thinking about getting an SP25M to replace my SP1, as I would like the longer pedal sweep, and the new looks (I would get the one with the LED base as well, but I don't see any use for the dual outputs of the expression pot, and I am uncertain, if a TS switch even works? Maybe with a special TS-TRS cable, it will be fine?

The toe switch definitely works, I have mine set so when I click it the volume pedal turns into a waah, you don't have to use the extra output but its there because some people use expression pedals for multiple devices on more traditional boards like controlling multiple Strymon devices.. The LED base is also a very cool option.

This is the setup I have with my current band.. Doubleneck into AX8 for Bass and Guitar sounds, into Boomerang looper, into mixer. The Moog is also plugged into the looper, so I can overdub parts, and the whole thing is sync'd to Ableton, controlled via Push..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 247
I dug out an old pedal board a month ago so that I could see what it was like having the AX8 on a raised board as opposed to flat on the floor (trailer trash type arrangement). This week I grabbed a bunch of cable ties to temporarily secure the AX8, added power, expression pedals, guitar selector etc and took it to a gig like that. This board is too small and I think i'll go Temple when I get my layout sorted but as a temporary solution, it worked well on the night.

It was nice and compact and super easy to setup ready for sound check. I probably spend more time dancing around the other guys waiting to run a cable to my monitor behind me than anything else. My Monitor is not pictures as I ran it next to the drummer so he could hear some guitars. Anyhow

14484956_10207329186053415_7930049025594339311_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom