New Presets for V9 on Support Page

Hi
I updated the banks using axe manage (right click & sent to axefx.
Now I have no sound on any preset.
I did system reset. Axe is registering the guitar input ok.
Even stranger, some sound momentarily swelled a little - up then down & gone. Using output 1
Any thoughts?
Cheers

Hi
Even stranger, some sound momentarily swelled a little - up then down & gone. Using output 1
Any thoughts?
Cheers
Sorry SteveD. It worked for me with that method, but it being very unstable, I can't imagine everyone would have the same luck :(

Is it possible that you are bypassed? Global bypass is on or something?

I used axe-manage. I navigated to the individual bank on my HD( in this case V9_BankA.sys). Double clicked and it showed in the preset panel. I selected all and hit copy. I then clicked on the bank in the axe-fx section of axe-manage where I wanted to copy them to( which in this case was Bank B since I did not want to over-write bank A). I mouseclicked on the first preset in the list of Bank B, then hit paste. All of the presets now appeared in red ( indicating they had changed) and they were all the BankA presets. I think I then rightclicked in the window and hit the send to axe-fx option. Sending only the changed presets. I am at work, so that is how I remembered it without having axe-manage in front of me. Good luck. And if something gets screwed up, don't blame me :)
Axe-Edit/Axe-Manage won't connect: no-op.

Hi
Any thoughts?
Cheers

Did you do a system reset? Do you have a volume block in your preset connected to an external modifier? When I do a system reset all the externals are reset to 0 and I have no sound! (This is without MFC 1 and volume pedal connected)When I reset ext 1 back to 100 my volume is back!

Thx all. I haven't been able to check this stuff yet. I did do a system reset but I'm not sure if the v9 presets have a vol block in them all. I'll check.
I know axe edit will screw presets but it simply sends the file to the axe as would any librarian tool (as far as I can tell)
Cheers

Hi guys I m Fabrizio from Rome and i have a big problem with my fx2 when i use the reamping with the fx as audio interface the dry signal of the guitar that i use on channel 3 of my cubase is too much low of volume like..-20 db than the processed sound of any presets...cna you tell me how to pump up th dry signal ? I ve tried the input trim...the output.knob at maximum....but nothing....let me know
Thanks a lot

sorry for my bad english...

Hi guys I m Fabrizio from Rome and i have a big problem with my fx2 when i use the reamping with the fx as audio interface the dry signal of the guitar that i use on channel 3 of my cubase is too much low of volume like..-20 db than the processed sound of any presets...cna you tell me how to pump up th dry signal ? I ve tried the input trim...the output.knob at maximum....but nothing....let me know
Thanks a lot

sorry for my bad english...

That is normal.

... when i use the reamping with the fx as audio interface the dry signal of the guitar that i use on channel 3 of my cubase is too much low of volume like..-20 db than the processed sound of any presets...
This is as it should be. When you reamp, you want to drive your rig with the same signal that your guitar gives, not an amplified version of that signal. That's why the dry signal is so low.

I used Axe Edit and Axe Manage to load V9.01b (still laughing about the thread I read on the "b" part) and new banks A, B, and C with no issue. I saved my presets (just did a sync and backup in Axe Edit) which put my presets in the Utility folder. Loaded new banks, then opened my presets in Axe Manage (they are all in Bank A so I only had to open one), highlighted all of my presets, which was about 20ish, right clicked, select send to Axe Fx, send only selected presets (as opposed to the whole bank), and voila... my presets were back in and the new presets were there also (with the exception of the ones I wrote mine over, prest 90-114). I can always recover the overwritten ones from the Bank folder if needed.

I know a lot of people have had Axe Manage issues, but for just loading and selecting presets, it has been pretty much fault free for me. While I am waiting for the new Axe Edit, this one serves better than a generic utility for loading and backing up things.

New presets are great. Super is, well, super. I have never played or heard a Hot Kitty amp, but I am very impressed with it. Now with the scenes, I am going to use the generally slow Feb-March playing season (the recovery period between holidays and spring festivals) to revamp my MFC setup. I am thinking I can go down to as few as 3-4 presets with scenes, and cover more songs than I can now. Pretty heady stuff!

I used Axe Edit and Axe Manage to load V9.01b (still laughing about the thread I read on the "b" part) and new banks A, B, and C with no issue. I saved my presets (just did a sync and backup in Axe Edit) which put my presets in the Utility folder. Loaded new banks, then opened my presets in Axe Manage (they are all in Bank A so I only had to open one), highlighted all of my presets, which was about 20ish, right clicked, select send to Axe Fx, send only selected presets (as opposed to the whole bank), and voila... my presets were back in and the new presets were there also (with the exception of the ones I wrote mine over, prest 90-114). I can always recover the overwritten ones from the Bank folder if needed.

I know a lot of people have had Axe Manage issues, but for just loading and selecting presets, it has been pretty much fault free for me. While I am waiting for the new Axe Edit, this one serves better than a generic utility for loading and backing up things.

New presets are great. Super is, well, super. I have never played or heard a Hot Kitty amp, but I am very impressed with it. Now with the scenes, I am going to use the generally slow Feb-March playing season (the recovery period between holidays and spring festivals) to revamp my MFC setup. I am thinking I can go down to as few as 3-4 presets with scenes, and cover more songs than I can now. Pretty heady stuff!

+1 Same experience here. I love it even in a diminished capacity.

Thx for the info Rick. I thought axe- manage wld be fine for that. I just need to where the vol is turned off !

Thx for the info Rick. I thought axe- manage wld be fine for that. I just need to where the vol is turned off !

When I loaded up V9, it reset my system defaults on the IO page to the factory settings. Mine was silent too, initially (I only use one side of Out 2 for my stage monitor, Out 1 goes to the mains). Once I reset the Outputs to Copy L>R or whichever it was, sound was back. Take a peek at your output settings in the IO section.

Same here. I use AE for firmware and bank loads with no issues. I always (force of habit I guess) do a system reset and make the minor changes after to I/O settings and controllers etc. Now like you its on to consider how I want to set up the MFC with scenes and looper etc.

Dead right Cobbler. I've been holding off from this knowing scenes etc was coming... Decisions decisions!

Same here. I use AE for firmware and bank loads with no issues.
Ditto. Firmware loads, bank and preset loads, and preset sorting have been going without a hitch. I do all preset work through Axe-Manage, except that I do backups/refresh-from-hardware in Axe-Edit itself (the process seems to hang less than when I do it in Axe-Manage.

The new presets are great!
A question the "Leggy" preset doesn't exist anymore,or it is renamed or relocated?

Back
Top Bottom