Just ordered these ASI IEM buds with built in mics......................

I'm wondering if, completely aside from their intended use on stage, these might work as hearing aids for those of us who have significant hearing loss, can't afford high end aids, and, in addition to playing, like to listen to music with as good fidelity as possible.

They apparently have good quality speakers, good quality mics, power supply, and an app that adjusts the volume and EQ for each ear independently.

I'm wondering if, completely aside from their intended use on stage, these might work as hearing aids for those of us who have significant hearing loss, can't afford high end aids, and, in addition to playing, like to listen to music with as good fidelity as possible.

They apparently have good quality speakers, good quality mics, power supply, and an app that adjusts the volume and EQ for each ear independently.
Well, they’re not intended for that, but they do have the flexibility for someone to make use of them.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that company started out making things like high-end hearing aids.

I've been using these for many years, more recently with my Axe 3. I absolutely LOVE them... great sound, and total control over stage volume. Highly recommended for any musician trying to take care of their ears (which is theoretically all of us...) :)

I've been using these for many years, more recently with my Axe 3. I absolutely LOVE them... great sound, and total control over stage volume. Highly recommended for any musician trying to take care of their ears (which is theoretically all of us...) :)
Excited to try tonight at gig for 1st time. Not dreading it as I normally am, when trying IEM again.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that company started out making things like high-end hearing aids.
The company appears to be a spin-off or sibling of Sensaphonics. From reading the website it looks like ASI was only doing this particular thing, but Sensaphonics points to it, and both companies have the same doctor doing the development.

I have them and they work great except for one thing…. The ear bud tips have fallen out of my ears. Thanks for the custom mold link and I also just noticed ASI have custom molds as well. I am getting the custom molds ASAP. Thanks.

They come with three sizes. I'm considering having custom molds made, but the last time I did they were so painful I couldn't wear them for more than a few minutes, so I'm hesitant.
Their molds are made of silicone, not plastic or composites like most of the others. They are much more comfortable and tend to stay in better than plastic. They have a custom mold add on option for $175 I think that attaches to the included IEMs. You can also go with the Pro option which is more $$ but not an add-on piece to the IEMs. All their molded offerings are made of silicone.

They come with three sizes. I'm considering having custom molds made, but the last time I did they were so painful I couldn't wear them for more than a few minutes, so I'm hesitant.
Understand for sure. I had some custom molds made for some earplugs and they worked great and then I lost one…. 🤬 I am really worried about my hearing so I have to find a good solution that works consistently. During a recent gig where We had house PA and another sound man our on stage mix was horrible. Way to loud etc…. I was forced to use earplugs and singing backups with earplugs was like what I imagine talking is for a deaf person. I was hearing my voice resonating in my head and it made it difficult to hear pitch. Very unpleasant……

Their molds are made of silicone, not plastic or composites like most of the others. They are much more comfortable and tend to stay in better than plastic. They have a custom mold add on option for $175 I think that attaches to the included IEMs. You can also go with the Pro option which is more $$ but not an add-on piece to the IEMs. All their molded offerings are made of silicone.

This is what's making me think about it. I need to send an email with some questions. I've had custom molded earplugs made for, umm, other loud hobbies. I tried to use them a few times and threw them in the trash, went back to the pink foam ones from walmart (protection was much more important than sound quality). They just plain wouldn't seal right as soon as I started moving my head basically at all.

I'd be willing to try again with a (much) different material, but I like foam much better as a material. It just does what it needs to do. Hence...I have Comply tips on my IEMs and haven't really looked at anything else. The triple flange ones also mostly work for me, but I can't wear them as long.

Excited to try tonight at gig for 1st time. Not dreading it as I normally am, when trying IEM again.
Inquiring minds want to know. I’m curious also, I‘ve been thinking about them they sound pretty cool. Let us know what yea think.

I was having technical issues with it and did not use. Not sure what was occuring, but could not rectify in time and took off and did not use IEM with ASI device. I will try again soon.

Back
Top Bottom