• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Just ordered these ASI IEM buds with built in mics......................

Yes Please !

I've been looking at this since Pete's YT came out ....

Would love to hear about your experiences !

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

I am running these with my Mipro 909 IEM system. Running stereo out of output 2 to Mipro 909 and then direct to ASI device and buds. I can turn my guitar up with Axe Fx III output 2 knob on front and then adjust how much of band I want coming in from ASI mics. Hopefully this is the ticket!

Interesting. I'll look forward to your review. I use a pair of Westone IEM buds that have a passive ambient port, and they're wonderful. I have custom-molded 8-driver IEMs that are great for total isolation, and I still use them when flying. But the were too isolated, as noted in the video review. The ambient port in the Westone IEMs allows some stage bleed, but of course it's not adjustable. These ASI buds look like a nicer option.

I got a pair last week and really like them. I haven’t had them on stage yet, but spent a couple hours experimenting with them during normal conversations in the house, and they worked very well.

I’ve been searching for something like these for years and have wasted a lot of money on custom fit and other companies, so I was cautious, but they have a 30-day return policy so I took a chance. So far, so good.

Make sure you use the largest tips you can comfortably wear, and do the “seal test” with them. They come with the Comply small through large tips, and I actually need the extra-large, but the large fit. I have the extra-large tips so I’ll be switching them.

PS - They’re not “extra-large”, Comply calls them “Professional” tips. They are the same diameter, but are longer so they seal more of the ear canal and help hold the plugs in place even better.

Last edited:
Interesting. I'll look forward to your review. I use a pair of Westone IEM buds that have a passive ambient port, and they're wonderful. I have custom-molded 8-driver IEMs that are great for total isolation, and I still use them when flying. But the were too isolated, as noted in the video review. The ambient port in the Westone IEMs allows some stage bleed, but of course it's not adjustable. These ASI buds look like a nicer option.
I’ve got a bunch of passive ear plugs with ambient ports, and they never sound good, even when they’re supposed to be for musicians. I think that the problem with them is the port design and Fletcher-Munson making them mid-heavy.

The ASI are very clear even when I reduce the volume, and we can adjust their EQ in addition, to fine tune their sound to our taste.

I’ve got a bunch of passive ear plugs with ambient ports, and they never sound good, even when they’re supposed to be for musicians. I think that the problem with them is the port design and Fletcher-Munson making them mid-heavy.
100% true. I have learned to accept the limitations of the passive ambient buds. My approach is just to put my guitar and vocals in my IEMs, and allow everything else to bleed through the port. I still have my XiTone powered wedge behind me, so I also hear that via the port. So, the IEMs really just ensure that no matter where I am onstage, I can hear myself, and I "mix" the rest of the band by walking around onstage :) Hearing myself in the IEMs helps me avoid straining or overplaying to be heard above the sonic goulash onstage.

100% true. I have learned to accept the limitations of the passive ambient buds. My approach is just to put my guitar and vocals in my IEMs, and allow everything else to bleed through the port. I still have my XiTone powered wedge behind me, so I also hear that via the port. So, the IEMs really just ensure that no matter where I am onstage, I can hear myself, and I "mix" the rest of the band by walking around onstage :) Hearing myself in the IEMs helps me avoid straining or overplaying to be heard above the sonic goulash onstage.
I think you’d like the ASI if you want to get rid of the mush of the ambient ports. It’s a shame that nobody makes a combination of the two technologies, regular IEMs and the ASI, but hopefully this will spur the industry into thinking that way.

I've been curious about these.

The closest thing I've used are AirPods with their transparency mode (obviously not with guitar)...but...as good as transparency and noice canceling sound and as much as I liked them at first, I've gotten to the point that I don't use them....they're basically paperweights now. They fatigue my ears faster than everything else...but that seems to be at least partially a bluetooth thing (they do it even with the fancy modes off).

I have custom molds on my SHure Se535s and Ive noticed a few instances lately where when playing live, if I turn my head a certain way/direction or change my body position in some way, my IEM sound expands in a great way. I cant explain it and I have no idea what I did to cause it but Im guessing whatever position change occurred allowed some ambient noise to bleed in? I cant say for sure because Ive never used an ambient mic with my IEM's

I have custom molds on my SHure Se535s and Ive noticed a few instances lately where when playing live, if I turn my head a certain way/direction or change my body position in some way, my IEM sound expands in a great way. I cant explain it and I have no idea what I did to cause it but Im guessing whatever position change occurred allowed some ambient noise to bleed in? I cant say for sure because Ive never used an ambient mic with my IEM's
That would be more than likely that your mold wasn’t done correctly. I had a custom set of westones done a few years back that i always felt like i had no low end and would wear just one. I then went to using just one ear, bad. Anytime id smile, move my mouth or generally look in any other direction, the seal would break and I would instantly lose the low end.

Last year i went all in on some JHAudio 16v2 and got them and had the same issues, also a busted cable. Some drama ensued with their customer support, but i sent them back for the cable issue and for them to enlarge the shell of the ear i was feeling off. Now they give me the same sound regardless of my head movement or my jaw moving.

Got them in. Tried them out without band and I think it will be awesome. I do miss my custom molds and could see myself upgrading. Using Saturday live. Just remembered there is a bluetooth app with it to customize things. I will try that soon too.

Got them in. Tried them out without band and I think it will be awesome. I do miss my custom molds and could see myself upgrading. Using Saturday live. Just remembered there is a bluetooth app with it to customize things. I will try that soon too.
What does the Bluetooth app allow you
To customize?

What does the Bluetooth app allow you
To customize?
Volume, EQ, compression, whether the settings apply to both left and right combined or separately, along with the ability to save the settings for different situations, and more. There's a "Seal Test" that is very useful for making sure you have the tips inserted correctly.

I was experimenting with them last night and they're pretty true to life, which is a wonderful change from passive earplugs that mute the highs and lows - Fletcher-Munson you know. What immediately struck me about them was I could hold a conversation with our bartender during sets when I wasn't playing, and hear her much easier than I normally can. That surprised me.

Reducing the volume to 0 cut the ambient noise probably 20 dB for me, but getting them to seal took about 4-5 minutes of holding them in place because I have large ear canals. I just ordered Comply's "Pro" tips, which are longer than the regular tips, so they seal more of my ear canal. I use them with my Shure SE535 earphones, and just switched the tips from the SE535s to the EDME 2 so I'll test those after they've recovered their shape.

Last edited:
Volume, EQ, compression, whether the settings apply to both left and right combined or separately, along with the ability to save the settings for different situations, and more. There's a "Seal Test" that is very useful for making sure you have the tips inserted correctly.

I was experimenting with them last night and they're pretty true to life, which is a wonderful change from passive earplugs that mute the highs and lows - Fletcher-Munson you know. What immediately struck me about them was I could hold a conversation with our bartender during sets when I wasn't playing, and hear her much easier than I normally can. That surprised me.

Reducing the volume to 0 cut the ambient noise probably 20 dB for me, but getting them to seal took about 4-5 minutes of holding them in place because I have large ear canals. I just ordered Comply's "Pro" tips, which are longer than the regular tips, so they seal more of my ear canal. I use them with my Shure SE535 earphones, and just switched the tips from the SE535s to the EDME 2 so I'll test those after they've recovered their shape.
Do tell about this bartender......intrigued and all ears....

Volume, EQ, compression, whether the settings apply to both left and right combined or separately, along with the ability to save the settings for different situations, and more.
But that’s just for the built in ambient mic I assume? Or does it somehow connect to your board and you can eq that way?

Back
Top Bottom