give us a hint about 7.01

What about the IR stuff that the beta testers appear to be unable to discuss? Are there more Factory IRs coming that didn't make it into Cliffs list of features?

i agree. i've tried using my axe as an interface and it pushes some of my patches over the limit. if this saves me having to go through them all and check on cpu usage, then i'll be a very happy boy.

I had several patches I had to switch effects over to a secondary processor in 7.0. In 7.01 that is not necessary for me. Actually with usb connected I was able to load Matt's Lunar Rainbow Fugue patch (comp, synth, 2 intel pitch, 2 amp, 1 cab, chorus, phaser, filter, delay, 3 vol , and GEQ) plus add another Reverb block. The CPU was at 88% after that.

I'm really excited to see the tuner was upgraded not downgrade as was mentioned a while back. Everything else is just an awesome bonus. I have a feeling the tuner complaints will end in 7.01 :)

Given improved multi note pitch detection, how about a polyphonic tuner (I would gladly trade the magic 8 ball for that!).

Thanks for the continuous innovation, Cliff and team!!!

While I don't really care about the 8-ball, I don't understand why people are complaining. You don't have to use it. If it's confusing, just don't look at it!

Sean, I didn't think of using it for intonating... now I'm thinking I might have actually wanted to use it. Cliff, how about an option to turn the 8-ball on or off?

Meanwhile, I'm really psyched for the Supro and many of the other updates.

What about the IR stuff that the beta testers appear to be unable to discuss? Are there more Factory IRs coming that didn't make it into Cliffs list of features?

Dude, your not gonna hear nothing, until it's released. I think this is there apple secrecy moment. Just say enough to get you questioning in your head, what it means. And then be tight lipped until release. I made another comment in another thread, about how the beta testers go hide for awhile release snippets then Bam! We're blown away.

Apple doesn't have beta testers posting clips and comments about something new then saying "but I can't talk about it I have an NDA".

I just ignore it. I'm happy with the way things are. I like new stuff too and when it shows up it shows up.

Dude, your not gonna hear nothing, until it's released. I think this is there apple secrecy moment. Just say enough to get you questioning in your head, what it means. And then be tight lipped until release. I made another comment in another thread, about how the beta testers go hide for awhile release snippets then Bam! We're blown away.

Well, since Cliff posted a whole list of updates for 7.01 and there wasnt anything about the IRs, I was curious if that was intentional or if it's something that's coming later down the road.

Well, since Cliff posted a whole list of updates for 7.01 and there wasnt anything about the IRs, I was curious if that was intentional or if it's something that's coming later down the road.

I hear ya, I was kind of thinking the same thing initially as well. Then I just realized that the question was asked a couple different ways, without a direct response from the key beta people. I see this all the time in the tech world. My personal opinion is, that I'm glad it is the way it is because it's not going to be any different then what it is. This could be a line 6 or avid forum, and not get anything, that's not fun. So from speculation we can say, looks like there's some new IRS coming, that's all we got at the moment, I'm ok with that. Im on this forum a lot and someone was saying that cliff was going to shoot IRS in a professional studio, so I assume that's what this is.

cliff

thats not true - axe edit crashes regularly on backing up/sync on my imac running 10.6.8 as damien know ( ive sent him the crash logs) - theres a problem in the coding somewhere.....
It's definitively at least partly an issue with either the Axe or the drivers or Axe-Edit itself. The Axe is the only modeller or audio interface that ever posed any problem for my on any release of Mac OS X. It is just a lame excuse to push it off the the OS, Apple or "it's your computer".

Out of curiosity: which approach would you prefer?

From a personal productivity standpoint, not leaking new features keeps me off the forums and more productive. From Fractal's standpoint leaking upcoming features creates buzz and excitement for the Axe, keeps new threads going on the forums and no doubt helps sales. It's a great marketing tool and it's free.

I will admit Apple doesn't have to leak anymore as they release new versions of their products on schedule and their fan and industry speculation create buzz leading up to release time (Apple did generate a lot of buzz when an 'employee' 'forgot' their prototype iPhone in a restaurant). Month's before Apple releases something the media reports huge sales of whatever components are in it (like the size of the touch screen in the new iPhone, the processors in the latest iPad, the screen size before the first iPad), so even with Apple, info is leaked.

As far as the 8 ball in the tuner, if you don't like it - stop reading the posts about new firmware and use that time to change your damn strings!

From a personal productivity standpoint, not leaking new features keeps me off the forums and more productive. From Fractal's standpoint leaking upcoming features creates buzz and excitement for the Axe, keeps new threads going on the forums and no doubt helps sales. It's a great marketing tool and it's free.

I will admit Apple doesn't have to leak anymore as they release new versions of their products on schedule and their fan and industry speculation create buzz leading up to release time (Apple did generate a lot of buzz when an 'employee' 'forgot' their prototype iPhone in a restaurant). Month's before Apple releases something the media reports huge sales of whatever components are in it (like the size of the touch screen in the new iPhone, the processors in the latest iPad, the screen size before the first iPad), so even with Apple, info is leaked.

As far as the 8 ball in the tuner, if you don't like it - stop reading the posts about new firmware and use that time to change your damn strings!

No, no leaks at all with apple:
Apple's new iPhone plug shows up in photos, again | Apple - CNET News

This is the current state of 7.01:

Updated “Sure Weasel” model based on revised information. Model is now called “Suhr Badger”.

Improved phase inverter modeling provides “juicier” tone when PI is driven hard (MSTR set high).

Authentic Presence control modeling. The Presence control in the Amp block now behaves like the actual amp rather than an idealized version. The Presence Frequency parameter is now a frequency multiplier rather than an absolute frequency as the frequency of the presence circuit depends on the Presence control position. The Presence Frequency parameter works by scaling the value of the virtual presence circuit’s capacitor value. NOTE: Any presets created with earlier firmware versions will have the Presence Frequency parameter reset to 1.0.

When setting preset/IR name, character selection Quick Knobs now wrap around.

Added RESOLUTION parameter to Tone Matching block. In HIGH mode the resolution of the processing is doubled. Note that this doubles the CPU usage of the block. Presets created with earlier firmware are unaffected since the data has always been stored at high resolution.

Improved high-frequency matching performance in Tone Matching block.

New IMART (Intelligent Maximum-Likelihood Adaptive Real-Time) pitch detectors provide greatly improved pitch detection. Pitch detectors can now track complex chords. The Pitch Source parameter in the Pitch blocks has been changed to simply “Global” or “Local”. In either mode the tracking performance is the same, only the source of the pitch data is changed. The Pitch blocks benefit significantly from this improvement. Many presets that previously only worked with single notes now work with chords, even complex chords. Note, however, that intelligent pitch shifting is necessarily only single notes, by definition.

Reduced latency in Pitch block when performing negative shifts.

Improved Tuner as a result of improved pitch detection. “Magic 8-ball” has been removed due to customer confusion.

Improved CPU usage for most presets.

Added “Super Trem” amp model based on a Supro 1964T.

Added “Atomica Low” and “Atomica High” amp models based on Cameron Atomica.

Changed “Solo 88 Rhythm” model so that bright switch is engaged by default.

Fixed bug in Reverb block causing incorrect settings for Hall types.

Fixed Drive block popping on bypass/engage.

Fixed Dynamics parameter in Amp block being set incorrectly for older presets.

Fixed Edited LED not lighting when resetting Amp block EQ via Enter button.

TMA block Reference Solo warning message now flashes in all menus.

Any word on the suhr riot you had mentioned in a previouse post?

Back
Top Bottom