G3 modeling thread

I'm not so sure about this somehow...

I see more 'pre-complaining' about something none of us know about (save Beta testers.) Sounding a death knell on the Axe II Mark series when THERE IS NO FORESEEABLE FUTURE in which it will be discarded for a newer, shinier model. Features (or lack thereof) that bring disappointment. Regardless of all that, it was said, (and I agree,) that if development stayed at 17.04 for 6 months or more, I would be completely satisfied. I ran through my 20 or so 'go to' presets last night, and I can say that I could not be happier with them.

Now as far as speculation of what's to come? I would guess tighter integration between AMP and CAB...to make the selection of a cab to be a less painful process.

And I speculate it will not drop for a week or so (no inside knowledge...just an impression.)

-R

FAS is good to us!! :) and nowadays that's so uncommon it scares a lot of people!

I'm ready for what ever they send our way

I'm not so sure about this somehow...

I see more 'pre-complaining' about something none of us know about (save Beta testers.) Sounding a death knell on the Axe II Mark series when THERE IS NO FORESEEABLE FUTURE in which it will be discarded for a newer, shinier model. Features (or lack thereof) that bring disappointment. Regardless of all that, it was said, (and I agree,) that if development stayed at 17.04 for 6 months or more, I would be completely satisfied. I ran through my 20 or so 'go to' presets last night, and I can say that I could not be happier with them.

Now as far as speculation of what's to come? I would guess tighter integration between AMP and CAB...to make the selection of a cab to be a less painful process.

And I speculate it will not drop for a week or so (no inside knowledge...just an impression.)

-R

Agreed. My guess is there's a lot more Mark series owners out there than XL, meaning if FAS dropped support on the Mark series, they'd be cutting off and alienating the majority of their customer base. Their track record of customer support and satisfaction is too good for that to even be a remote possibility at this point.

Agreed. My guess is there's a lot more Mark series owners out there than XL, meaning if FAS dropped support on the Mark series, they'd be cutting off and alienating the majority of their customer base. Their track record of customer support and satisfaction is too good for that to even be a remote possibility at this point.
See above in this thread.

This is why I was so surprised that people actually entertained the idea that this would be 'XL only'.

I have a feeling we won't be seeing G3 til next week some time now. Pretty late on the Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. So basically we are all getting an Axe-FX III for free. I'll take it.

Excellent! I'm going to start the speculation thread for the AxeFX IV immediately :)

Also : really intrigued about this update. My AxeFX II XL is unbelievably good. It's amazing to know there is some new dimension of awesomeness hiding inside it, just waiting to be tapped.

Regardless of all that, it was said, (and I agree,) that if development stayed at 17.04 for 6 months or more, I would be completely satisfied. I ran through my 20 or so 'go to' presets last night, and I can say that I could not be happier with them.

Agreed...I just dropped of tracks I re-amped with 17.03 to a studio this afternoon and didn't feel the need to reamp them with 17.04 since I was extremely happy with how they sounded, even though I feel 17.04 definitely steps it up a notch. The bass tracks I reamped with a firmware a few versions back a while ago, and again, didn't feel the need to re-do them. The recording engineer loved how all the tracks sounded, and was surprised to hear they were all DI tracks with no real amp/miking (soooo, what is the name of the gizmo you used again?)

If G3 didn't drop anytime soon I'd be more then satisfied with the current 17.04, big time. Having said that, I'm very curious and intrigued with where the platform is going to go with the next major release.

I'm pretty sure it is not only for the XL. The Axe II and the Mark have almost the same specs. The XL only has more memory on board (presets space mainly), as far as I know, beside this, the other Axe II gens, still have enough horsepower for updates. There is no doubt, that "G3" modeling will be more efficient than the G2 modeling, therefore..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"What Fractal has managed to do is to continuously better things on such a regular basis that any hint of a firmware update has some of us regularly checking the site for the download. That is amazing!"

Well, every 2 month I have to replace the F5 key:lol

Excited! Shame I'm heading into the studio next week to record an album without this new G3 thingy, but luckily I'll record DI tracks so I'll just reamp them later on :)

I just thought of something that would be pretty neat, not going to be disappointed in any way if this doesn't become a reality, but it'd be nice if all the amp models would be merged together kind of, so there isn't like 2-4 different amp models for the same amp with different channels, it'd make the overview of all the different amps a hell of a lot easier to navigate through, seeing as we recently hit the 200 mark.
So for example you'd have the 5153 and inside that amp block you would be able to select between green, blue or red channel.

Excellent! I'm going to start the speculation thread for the AxeFX IV immediately :)

Also : really intrigued about this update. My AxeFX II XL is unbelievably good. It's amazing to know there is some new dimension of awesomeness hiding inside it, just waiting to be tapped.

Ain't that the truth? The hope and thrill that, maybe by the time you get home from work tonight, effectively, you will be just a firmware upgrade away from enjoying a brand new re-invented version of your AxeFX II XL. :encouragement::encouragement::encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom