Fractal Audio AMP Models: Revv (based on Revv Generator 120)

I don’t understand why you’d need a drive or boost in front of it.
For example, I want a specific attack which Precision drive provides. Or another example, I wasn't able to find the internal boost setting which works for me, so I try to use the external boost to push it a bit when needed.

The Shawn Tubbs one ?Revv uses V30And Creamback H75 according to their 2 notes

Edit I should pay attention more he says it’s 412 w 57/121 combo
Yep, from the video you posted. I know we don't have a Revv cab, so I was trying to figure out which IR's would be closest to those. Thanks.

Yep, from the video you posted. I know we don't have a Revv cab, so I was trying to figure out which IR's would be closest to those. Thanks.
If you are going Dyna cabs I would almost try a Freidman 412 w V30 57/121 combo

The Revv 412 is not as big as the recto cabs and I suspect is moreMarshall ish in build at a guess
In That video it’s just a direct recording to the DAW so if you dig his tone it should be able to be reproduced fairly easily by moving mics

He also sound like he has a bit of verb in the DAW

You would just have to figure out the CUT switch which from Revv manual is boosting a mid freq

Last edited:
Dan from Revv said he was heavily inspired by Mesa OS Cab, which is the cab he voiced his mk1 on. he wanted to have smaller cab though, so actually, dimension-wise it is closer to mesa traditional cab. construction-wise nothing like marshall cabs, air-tight sealed, etc.

Dan from Revv said he was heavily inspired by Mesa OS Cab, which is the cab he voiced his mk1 on. he wanted to have smaller cab though, so actually, dimension-wise it is closer to mesa traditional cab. construction-wise nothing like marshall cabs, air-tight sealed, etc.
Dyna does not have the Trad yet
That makes sense though as the Trad is tighter and more focused
I have the York pack

Question for you since you have that amp and I believe the XTC or have had one
W the new changes Dan made to the red given it a bit more bounce and sag am I crazy or do you hear that kind or Bogner chewy midrange , I just think in those vids of Shawn Tubbs when he hits they big A chord I instantly think Bogner
Although the REVV would likely be much tighter

Question for you since you have that amp and I believe the XTC or have had one
W the new changes Dan made to the red given it a bit more bounce and sag am I crazy or do you hear that kind or Bogner chewy midrange , I just think in those vids of Shawn Tubbs when he hits they big A chord I instantly think Bogner
Although the REVV would likely be much tighter
red ch on revv is combo of uberschall and recto rev F with that revv signature midrange peak (when cut switch enabled).
ch 2 has been also completely redone to be more bouncy and vintage under the fingers.
purple ch got more gain and low end without loosing clarity and tightness.

Tonight I'm trying it with the Rumble 4x12 EV12S dynacab. I don't know if you experienced this or if it is caused by my room, but it seems to be exempt of the 'boominess around the low C note' thing, along with the Recto Straight 4x12. But Rumble is my preference for now. I will upload a preset with a recording in a short time.

Tonight I'm trying it with the Rumble 4x12 EV12S dynacab. I don't know if you experienced this or if it is caused by my room, but it seems to be exempt of the 'boominess around the low C note' thing, along with the Recto Straight 4x12. But Rumble is my preference for now. I will upload a preset with a recording in a short time.
Liking the S better than the L.

The 55Hz resonance of the L likely plays into that boominess, as 64Hz low C is likely in the upper half of that resonance peak's bump and getting some boost from that. The S has its resonance at 75Hz, IIRC.

Not sure about the Recto 4x12 resonance. Is it around 128Hz? That could make low C hoot a bit by emphasizing the 2nd harmonic....

Liking the S better than the L.

The 55Hz resonance of the L likely plays into that boominess, as 64Hz low C is likely in the upper half of that resonance peak's bump and getting some boost from that. The S has its resonance at 75Hz, IIRC.

Not sure about the Recto 4x12 resonance. Is it around 128Hz? That could make low C hoot a bit by emphasizing the 2nd harmonic....

Yes, L is a bit boomy for my taste.

Recto 4x12 Straight's resonance is 72Hz. Rumble seems to have more than one resonance peaks, but not so sharp. These two are different than the other 4x12's, generally having one peak around 110-120hz. My favorite two cabs are these two right now.

Finally had a chance to put the Revv Green models through their paces and they are exactly as everything I heard in demos of the real amp: mediocre and disappointing. The Revv Red/Purple are great, but the Green feels stiff and sounds dry no matter how I dial it.

You will get better mid gain Marshall tones out of the Cornford, JVM, 5153 or any of the Plexi models.

Finally had a chance to put the Revv Green models through their paces and they are exactly as everything I heard in demos of the real amp: mediocre and disappointing. The Revv Red/Purple are great, but the Green feels stiff and sounds dry no matter how I dial it.

You will get better mid gain Marshall tones out of the Cornford, JVM, 5153 or any of the Plexi models.
Hit it with a drive like the Buxom
Or Klone on the Blue aggro

Did you crank up the master volume?

Back
Top Bottom