FM9 Firmware Version 6.00 public beta (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have found something. In the preset below, there's a Pitch block that wasn't there before. It's not attached to anything and I can't delete it from the grid. I have the latest FM9 Edit from the OP of this thread. Running Windows 10. No other issues so far.

EDIT: Restarted the FM9 and FM9 Edit and it's gone. I also noticed there was a Multitap Delay block on there as well. I usually use that block in my presets, but I remember now that I had not. Both of those are gone after restarting. Could just be a fluke, but wanted to note it just in case.

Attachments

• 001_TJ Plexi.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
I may have found something. In the preset below, there's a Pitch block that wasn't there before. It's not attached to anything and I can't delete it from the grid. I have the latest FM9 Edit from the OP of this thread. Running Windows 10. No other issues so far.
It must be a phantom block. It's not happening here with your preset either on the front panel or in the editor after multiple reboots and preset changes.

6.xx update also solved some REVERB block differences from AXE FXIII, such as a (+12db) different Early Reflection adjustment for Medium Hall, different adjustments available for Medium Plate and others.
Now the adjustments and the sounds seem to be exactly the same. 🖤

Last edited:

EDIT: Restarted the FM9 and FM9 Edit and it's gone. I also noticed there was a Multitap Delay block on there as well. I usually use that block in my presets, but I remember now that I had not. Both of those are gone after restarting. Could just be a fluke, but wanted to note it just in case.

It happened to me frequently with FM9 Edit, after a hard job with it. Phantoms just go away restarting the edit ;)
(no need to restart FM9 neither the PC)
I think AXE Edit doesn't have this funny issue.

ok Possible BUG found here, mentioned in the Beta release thread but unsure whether I should post here separately under the Bug tag- apologies if I've messed up and mods please feel free to delete.

Stepped back up to FW6 after completely flattening my FM9 (on 5.01)..used a backup to restore everything in 5.01 - and then did the usual FW update to 6

What I have found is if I start the unit with a 4CM type preset (i.e, no amp) anything I do in that preset will result in the unit freezing up, pressing home button will black out the screen etc, needs reboot to get back.

However!! - if I leave it boot up on that 4CM preset and then manually scroll (using Page Right to get to presets tab) and select another of my presets with an amp in it (Neal S's GOT preset - attached below) , it works fine - all buttons work, normal operation, all good, AND then returning to that troublesome 4CM ampless preset also then works fine.

Its only using that 4CM/ampless preset initially on power up that causes the unit to freeze up completely - attached below - troublesome 4CM patch, NS GOT patch (modified a few things in it - delay etc etc) together with system backup

UPDATE - if I just add an amp block anywhere on the grid of that 4CM patch it works fine on powerup, no freezes - is the code looking for an amp block??
Just as an FYI around the 4CM/ampless presets that I raised as a Bug, this looks to be FIXED!!! in Beta 2 as well, thanks!!! 🤘 :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom