Why can't I delete these blocks?

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
Last night took rig to rehearsal and 3 blocks showed up randomly above my signal chain. I am trying to delete them but the 'Delete' option is greyed out. Ideas? BTW this is the FM3, posted her because that part of the forum is very sleepy Lol
FM3 Screen shot.png

Interesting.

Last night a 3rd amp block appeared in a preset I've been messing with for a while. I could select it, it came up as Amp2. Could even modify it, and changes were applied to Amp2.

Note that a 3rd amp block isn't even a thing.

Couldn't delete it. Went to another preset and back, several times, still there.

Didn't try restarting Edit, but I did shut down my Axe when I was done playing, turned it back on this morning, and it's gone.

@Admin M@ has posted a few times that this is usually caused by a bad cable, but it doesn't seem like that based on my own experiences...

I've had this persist in the editor across multiple reboots of the hardware, both Axe Fx III and FM9... As long the editor remains running the ghost block(s) remain.

@Admin M@ has posted a few times that this is usually caused by a bad cable, but it doesn't seem like that based on my own experiences...

I've had this persist in the editor across multiple reboots of the hardware, both Axe Fx III and FM9... As long the editor remains running the ghost block(s) remain.
I agree about it not being a cable issue - I've seen it on someone else's system besides my own. I've seen it on the FM9-Edit as well as Axe-Edit III.

Only part of my Fractal experience I find... flakey (FM3, FM9 and FXIII). Definitely my largest fundamental hope for improvement in the next generation (IV?).

Real pity. Makes me despise my ABSOLUTE favorite gear when it happens; feels like some sort of abusive relationship.

Pick a window... 'cause yer going through it...

...overheard a few times.

Just a drag.

I recently had "ghost blocks" too. A restart of Axe-Edit or computer didn't help. I replaced the ghost blocks with other ones and then it was possible to delete them. Never happened again.

I've seen this too and to me it started appearing at around FW 23. I've seen these ghost blocks persist even after switching presets and the only thing that fixed it was relaunching Axe-Edit. It usually happens when a new firmware has been installed, but after that the problem doesn't come back.

I'm using the exact same USB cable I've been using for years so I don't think the cable is the problem but it's a bug in Axe-Edit or reading data from the hardware.

I’ve not experienced this but wanted to ask a question. Do the “phantom“ blocks actually do anything to the sound coming out, or are they just blocks that appear but don’t harm the function of the preset? I noticed Dave said he had a third amp block where it isn’t a supported function and shouldn’t be more than a ghost. Are they all this way?

I’m not concerned if I just start seeing phantom blocks that aren’t interfering with operation. I’m sure the crew will clean that up. Otherwise, I need to be watching better than I do now!

Last night took rig to rehearsal and 3 blocks showed up randomly above my signal chain. I am trying to delete them but the 'Delete' option is greyed out. Ideas? BTW this is the FM3, posted her because that part of the forum is very sleepy Lol
View attachment 130556
Just curious can you drag and drop those blocks back to the block library? That’s how I got mine off the grid.

I’ve not experienced this but wanted to ask a question. Do the “phantom“ blocks actually do anything to the sound coming out, or are they just blocks that appear but don’t harm the function of the preset? I noticed Dave said he had a third amp block where it isn’t a supported function and shouldn’t be more than a ghost. Are they all this way?

I’m not concerned if I just start seeing phantom blocks that aren’t interfering with operation. I’m sure the crew will clean that up. Otherwise, I need to be watching better than I do now!
As I said, selecting the phantom amp block said amp 2 was selected, and changing its settings changed them for amp 2.
Given that, and that the Axe doesn't actually support a third amp block, at all, it's super super unlikely it'd have any effect on the sound.
Seems like it was pretty much a display hallucination, only.
We all get those sometimes...

When it occurred for me over the weekend, it happened after an update to Axe-Edit. ALL of my empty presets were filled with garbage, mostly discontiguous blocks and shunts. Pretty startling. Was happy that restarting Axe-Edit seemed to clear it. I was in a rehearsal, and didn't note whether they appeared on hardware, but from what I've read in these threads it's likely they didn't.

When it occurred for me over the weekend, it happened after an update to Axe-Edit. ALL of my empty presets were filled with garbage, mostly discontiguous blocks and shunts. Pretty startling. Was happy that restarting Axe-Edit seemed to clear it. I was in a rehearsal, and didn't note whether they appeared on hardware, but from what I've read in these threads it's likely they didn't.
When I checked I didn't find them in the hardware

Back
Top Bottom