FM9 Firmware Version 6.00 public beta (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
idk if that works if you dont have the york cabs
It's up to you to either provide the names of the York cabs so we can substitute what they are on our systems, or to switch to something that replicates the problem using factory cabs, otherwise we're stuck with no idea what your preset is trying to sound like. We don't want you to share commercial cabs, that'd be uncool.

Heading to bed soon...am eagerly awaiting the soon-to-be-released final v. 6.0 Friday, if beta testers can report regards v. 6.0 beta 2.

Although its past noise ordinance curfew in our apartments, my hope is to check out beta 2's recent improvements (and the final v. 6.0 release, if possible) Saturday afternoon. My apologies that my work schedule prevents me from lending a hand with beta testing.

My feeling is my limited scope of knowledge regards FM9's firmware would only hamper your efforts, not help them. Makes more sense to let folks who know the product better to do the heavy lifting...

It's up to you to either provide the names of the York cabs so we can substitute what they are on our systems, or to switch to something that replicates the problem using factory cabs, otherwise we're stuck with no idea what your preset is trying to sound like. We don't want you to share commercial cabs, that'd be uncool.
I pulled the preset will replace it with stock cabs later

Thanks for the reply
I thought that sat with ideal switch mode used to be around same volume as no sat
engaged at all

Depends on the amp. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. It's not possible to fully predict and compensate the effect of saturation/compression on the output level.

The external modifiers initial value bug is still present in beta 2. On boot, the initial value settings in the setup menu for external modifiers are ignored and all external modifiers are set to 100%. After changing to a new preset, the initial values are loaded correctly, but not on the first preset that the unit boots to.

The external modifiers initial value bug is still present in beta 2. On boot, the initial value settings in the setup menu for external modifiers are ignored and all external modifiers are set to 100%. After changing to a new preset, the initial values are loaded correctly, but not on the first preset that the unit boots to.
Hi @Poparad

Initial Value is for MIDI, not onboard pedal jacks, as stated in the manual. I'm not saying we can't potentially address this behavior, but in one regard it isn't a "bug" since you're not using MIDI. (Axe-Fx III is the same. I'm not sure why it would work differently on the FM3. @m_brown had an idea but it's not relevant here.)

What you are reporting about an initial value of 0% suddenly being "loaded correctly" after a preset change is not happening when I test. The modifier value stays at 100% even after preset changes. If you'd like to confirm what I am seeing, please test this using just a volume block in an empty preset. Make two copies of the same preset. I'm using "EXTERNAL CONTROL 1" assigned to "PEDAL 1". Remove the pedal and cable while testing.

Last edited:
I tried to reproduce your issue but I can't. I suspect you may be double-tapping the preset footswitch.
Turn on Ignore Redundant PC in SETUP > MIDI Remote > General and test again.
I suspected the same. Tried it but it didn’t work. Thanks for the suggestion.

Try setting SPILLOVER is set to ALL. I discovered today that this can have an impact on gapless switching. I asked the firmware engineer and he explained to me that it takes extra time to clear the spillover buffer.
Thanks Matt, just double checked, I already had this set to ALL.

Hi @Poparad
Initial Value is for MIDI, not onboard pedal jacks, as stated in the manual.
@Poparad

I just noticed that PC RESET is working just as you've described -- it updates to the pre-saved value as expected when you change preset, but not update for the preset that is loaded when the unit boots.

Could you be using that? In this case, please note that it is a saved value for the parameter that is shown, and not the "Ext Controller Initial Value"

You could test this, for example, by setting the initial value to something like 50% and re-testing your presets.

If so, this all has nothing to do with Initial Value.

Ideal is supposed to be louder. It compensates for the compression. See the manual.
I'm a big user of the Saturation Drive; I love how it just adds saturation/gain without changing the tonal character/response of the amp, as well as the unique type of clipping/distortion that that feature adds as compared to various other methods of pushing an amp over the cliff. Sonically, this is my preferred saturation/gain boost.

Thinking out-loud here, I'd find it very useful if there was also a "Saturation Level" control independent of the "Saturation Drive" in the "Ideal" mode.

Here, you could dial in the desired saturation/clipping (ie: way up) and also the level (ie: for a lead volume boost, or just for unity level when the Saturation switch is engaged/disengaged, etc). It would give some awesome additional utility for this feature....that would rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom