FM9 Case?

Looks amazing. How do you keep the FM9 in place? My only worry here would be the FM9 sliding down when you pick up the case, placing pressure on those back cables that are plugged into the back
Every piece is solid mounted to the Duo-34 nothing slides on the rack at all.

going to give this a try. appreciate you pointing it out
got mine yesterday. a few observations. it has a really odd smell so it's sitting outside. it also has 5 latches....all of which dont stay up once you open one...so it relatches. 2 hands...5 latches. a bit annoying. will it work? looks fine for the intended use; local travel to bars.

a little more feedback on the multicomp pro case linked above. used some velcro to keep the latches from dropping.

here's a few pics. think it will work just fine. if it looks like it's not sitting flat, it isnt at the moment....until i get off the ev2 waitlist. plenty of room beneath. you can see the ev2 on the right side. #2 ev2 will go on the left side to keep weight balanced. appreciate whoever mentioned balancing weight. i probably would have completely forgotten. i was going to sit it as close to 2 sides as reasonably safe to allow me to pack other stuff beside it. i like the two layer system better.

Attachments

• 20230428_130203.jpg
    20230428_130203.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 114
  • 20230428_130138.jpg
    20230428_130138.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 111
a little more feedback on the multicomp pro case linked above. used some velcro to keep the latches from dropping.

here's a few pics. think it will work just fine. if it looks like it's not sitting flat, it isnt at the moment....until i get off the ev2 waitlist. plenty of room beneath. you can see the ev2 on the right side. #2 ev2 will go on the left side to keep weight balanced. appreciate whoever mentioned balancing weight. i probably would have completely forgotten. i was going to sit it as close to 2 sides as reasonably safe to allow me to pack other stuff beside it. i like the two layer system better.
Looks good. Is there foam for the top lid? The part that closes on the top of the FM9? Thought I saw that it did.

Looks good. Is there foam for the top lid? The part that closes on the top of the FM9? Thought I saw that it did.
yup! has a thin one for the bottom and a much thicker one for the top. i took the thin bottom one out. also cut a hole in the thick one to allot for the big knob. probably not necessary but...

then it has 2 thick pieces designed to be shaped/trimmed for the intended use.

Here are some pics of how far out the foam sticks out.

@Reet - I did a slight variation because of having an EV-1 in there as well. Used 1 1/2 foam on part of the lid. The pedal was in the way of closing, so I used 1.5" foam behind the unit to keep it from sliding and 1.5" and the std foam it came with for the top. I added a little behind the EV-1 to keep that from sliding.

I used to use a folding hand cart and with the build in wheels, I won't need that. Granted, it probably won't fit everything I need to bring, but it will keep the unit safe during transport.

Attachments

• IMG_4659.jpeg
    IMG_4659.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_4660.jpeg
    IMG_4660.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_4661.jpeg
    IMG_4661.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
With 3 shows behind me using the new FM9 I can say I'm really impressed with every component including the Pelican vault. My FM9 is very secure and protected and the weight isn't bad at all compared to lugging a combo amp and a case of pedals around. The Temple board is everything I could ask for, set-up is under 5 minutes and the sound is so consistent that I shake my head every time I finish a sound check.
Nice! Is there enough room in the foam below the board to make a cutout for a laptop?

@Reet - I did a slight variation because of having an EV-1 in there as well. Used 1 1/2 foam on part of the lid. The pedal was in the way of closing, so I used 1.5" foam behind the unit to keep it from sliding and 1.5" and the std foam it came with for the top. I added a little behind the EV-1 to keep that from sliding.

I used to use a folding hand cart and with the build in wheels, I won't need that. Granted, it probably won't fir everything I need to bring, but it will keep the unit safe during transport.

Looks great man, nice job!

Just got the Studio slips deluxe gig bag for the FM9. Extremely happy with the quality. They added a custom divider for me in the outer pocket, now I can slip my EV-2 in the smaller space, and all my cables fit in the bigger sub-pocket. This bag replaced the bag i got from G66 for the FM9, it was a more rigid bag, well padded, but the overall quality doesn't come close to the Studio slips bag.

I’ve used my Line 6 Helix backpack to transport my FM9, fits perfectly. I’m also able to carry my SD Powerstage 200 in the small, upper compartment and my Mission expression pedal, boss momentary switch and all sorts of cables and accessories in the larger compartment area. I’ve had it for years and it’s built very well and sturdy. Of course this only works if your FM9 isn’t mounted on a pedalboard which mine is not.

+1 for Studio Slips clamshell cases. I’ve bought a few in the past for some tube amp heads and they are awesome. They make one specifically for the FM9 or you can have them create a custom case.

I’d love to find a backpack style case what that could fit a 32-34” board. That’s what I’m thinking I’ll need that size of a pedal board to fit my FM9, mission expression and Whammy.

I’d love to find a backpack style case what that could fit a 32-34” board. That’s what I’m thinking I’ll need that size of a pedal board to fit my FM9, mission expression and Whammy.
If you have a plain flat board that you make yourself, I bet you could contact some of these soft case companies, like studio slips, to make you a custom one. 34” is a pretty large though.

Back
Top Bottom