FM9 Case?

I did a short video review of the Helix bag, an skb soft case, and the Newark case. I like the Newark case the most; it is darn cheap compared to the Seahorse and the Pelican cases.

@Rad402 - Great info, thank you!! I came very close to buying the Newark case last night, but didn't want all the extra weight and no wheels. Still, a great find by many of you and your video and info was excellent!!

Ended up with the Helix Backpack. Got a brand new open box for $168 shipped. Wanted something with solid backpack straps that would give some protection, without the weight of a hard case which was the main reason I'm getting rid of my Axe-FX III + FC12 setup.
  • Main pocket: FM9, Dunlop mini exp, IEC, power splitter
  • Small outer pocket: GLXD6 receiver and its power supply (1spot)
  • Large outer pocket: other gig stuff (tools, spare TRS cables, capos, backup instrument cable, etc).
For local stuff I prefer this modular setup over lugging around a pedalboard.

Last edited:
Ended up with the Helix Backpack. Got an open box for $140ish. Wanted something robust with backpack straps that would give some protection.
  • Main pocket: FM9, Dunlop mini exp, IEC, power splitter
  • Small outer pocket: GLXD6 receiver and its power supply (1spot)
  • Large outer pocket: other gig stuff (tools, spare TRS cables, capos, backup instrument cable, etc).
For local stuff I prefer this modular setup over lugging around a pedalboard.
I also do this except with an EV-1 in the large outer pocket, though it would probably fit in the main pocket with the FM9.

I went with your suggestion, the Gator Helix rolling case. I almost bought Newark, but wanted the wheels. I only have have 1 EV-1, but @jetdriver1775 said he fits 2 in there, so I have room for expansion. :)

I appreciate all the great info here. Thanks @OrganicZed and everyone.
I have both the Helix rolling case, and Evergreen Seahorse 920. The Helix case fits my small FM3 board (12x20) with room for a curled up 25ft extension cord. The Seahorse 920 is for my FM9 with room underneath for 2 EV-1s and some cables etc. I haven't tried fitting 2 EV-1s into the Helix case. Hope that clears it up.

Here is the Gator Helix Case. I added thicker foam to the top portion and cut out so the knobs wouldn't depress. It fits great. Plenty of room for cables up top. Even without cables if i close it and shake it nothing moves and is in the exact same spot when i open it again.
@Reet - Where'd you get the foam? Did you glue it in or is it just pressure fit?

It carries the whole shabang. I don't have a pic of the finished board in the case but it all fits wonderfully!
This is great to hear. I'm about to build a new rig around this exact layout, with FM9, SD Powerstage, Rolls PM, and Shure Wireless all on the board.

So my FM9 normally lives in a flightcase. But I wanted a bag option for easy grab and go for venues that don't have great parking and I want to move everything in one trip.

So I bought the Boss bag that someone linked to earlier. For $60, I figured I'd give it a shot - and that if it didn't work for FM9, then it'd be great for my mini keyboard.

The FM9 is a good fit. My expression pedal is a little snug in the front pounch (but it's a big pedal - the DB Instruments 4E dual-axis type). I can fit a 15 ft IEC power cable, an XLR cable, humbuster cable and patch cable. Although I don't like stuffing cables right in with the FM9, so I'll probably keep those in my guitar gigbag as I normally do.

You could do worse for $60

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BossBagL2--boss-bag-l2-large-bag

P.S. And yes, I still haev the plastic on my FM9. I can't bring myself to peel it off, lolololol. It's sickness.

IMG_0935.JPGIMG_0940.JPG

Last edited:
Finally got a pic of my Temple in the Pelican case if anyone is looking to go that way.
Looks amazing. How do you keep the FM9 in place? My only worry here would be the FM9 sliding down when you pick up the case, placing pressure on those back cables that are plugged into the back

The Gator Helix rolling case has a few minor things that bug me. The latches seem very light duty and there is no way to lock case. I hope there is a way to replace the latches if they fail. Not much extra room for additional stuff, but it's not wicked heavy either.

Just passing this along to any potential case shoppers. I saw this rolling case on Amazon that could work. At 175, it seems pretty nice.
Amazon product ASIN B01L0LVLLY

Back
Top Bottom