Finally got my guitars re-stringed

How much are you paying in old string disposal fees?

Last guy charged me a couple hundred to send them to the toxic waste dump.
And do not forget to pay the carbon-emission taxes for driving from your house to the Restring Center
Dog Tax GIF by Verohallinto

.... Anyway, why would you call it "re-stringed" instead of restrung?

Also, what did they charge you for string stretching services? I have found local pieces charge $5-20 per string for stretching, and there is an added charge if a string breaks during this process.

I mean, I dunno.. Maybe OP was bothered, maybe they weren't. But being nice doesn't cost anything. These forums are generally helpful, if I can help keep them that way with little effort, I think it's worth it.

I mean, I dunno.. Maybe OP was bothered, maybe they weren't. But being nice doesn't cost anything. These forums are generally helpful, if I can help keep them that way with little effort, I think it's worth it.
I get where you're coming from, but this thread would have never turned out this way if not for the OP's posting history.

For the record, I like the guy and hopes he keeps posting, but I can't help but laugh at the outrageous things he says.

What do all the top 10 guitarists of all time have in common? They were all alcoholics , drugs addicts, and sex addicts.
top 10... depends who you ask..!

If I remember well, in this list you'll find some fine guitarists with no special addictions...
Brian May, Allan Holdsworth, John Petrucci, B.B. King, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Chet Atkins, Andy Timmons, etc etc etc

You can argue if they are rock stars or not... but usually the thumb of rule is "less capacity, more conspicuousness".

By the way, troll or not, I find your posts entertaining

I get where you're coming from, but this thread would have never turned out this way if not for the OP's posting history.

For the record, I like the guy and hopes he keeps posting, but I can't help but laugh at the outrageous things he says.
😂 there's definitely a place for patently absurd

I didn’t say anything hurtful so I have nothing to be guilty, but I also didn’t think is was a serious post from the beginning. I went back and looked at this guys posts (which go back a couple years) and besides some off kilter posts lately it appears @dsouza is a pro player and I think knows how to change strings. I don’t know what others think, but I’m going with “we’re being F’d with”. Which with this post or the last few contextually are of no serious consequence and somewhat humorous. Making problems where none exist seems to be the expertise of many these days.

Most question threads I've posted here over the years sink like a stone 🤣. I'm often amazed at the level of responses others get. Perhaps I need to learn something from this thread + others and get a bit creatively wacky when I post a question.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom