Countdown 0.5...

I bet it's not a transistor PA because they would probably worked with Matrix and it's not a collaboratif project.
So perhaps an effects rack or a convolution unit with speakers, reverbs etc...(or both)

Is it possible this has to do with the Ultras AND atandards being out of stock?
Hmm, it would seem counter to Cliff's previously stated principles on US jobs export but I suppose it's possible that they'd go Far-East manufacturing because of these difficulties. Maybe throw in a repackaging.

I'd guess existing units would retain value in a Fender pre CBS kinda way.

OTOH, if it's a 'Lite' product aimed at a 11/R price point... it pretty much would have to be built in the East.

/don't shoot me

We are all like sharks attracted to Cliff throwing a chum bucket in the water. Play hard to get! :lol

Something tells me my bank account is about to dip substantially soon!

Last edited:
Honestly if it's not a "real" firmware update I'm completely uninterested.
The last not "bug-fixing only" update was last June.
1 or 2 years before we got new firmwares with updates approx in each 3-4 months and we raved about how well we are treated.
I know a lot of new products were released by Fractal and they all need R&D, testing etc. I wish they would put their focus back on their flagship product.

Honestly if it's not a "real" firmware update I'm completely uninterested.
The last not "bug-fixing only" update was last June.
So lemme get this straight: you're saying that there's something lacking in your Axe-Fx and you've just been waiting around for a firmware update to fix it? What if there are no more updates? That time will come someday. Will you sell your Axe and move on?

So lemme get this straight: you're saying that there's something lacking in your Axe-Fx and you've just been waiting around for a firmware update to fix it? What if there are no more updates? That time will come someday. Will you sell your Axe and move on?

I just expressed my thoughts, that if it is not a "real" firmware update, meaning new parameters, amps, effects whatever, I'm uninterested. I'm not using FRFR monitoring, perfectly fine with a POD XT Live as a foot controller/backup option.
Would I be interested in a floor version stripped down to effects only? Hell no. It would be too expensive to let a drunk spill his drink on it.
Axe-PC? I'm puzzled about it. Why would I want to drain the resources of my DAW box if I have the Hardware? It would be an option for guys without the hardware unit, although I would not expect it without a PCIE card with a TigerSHARC on it or a Sattelite box UAD style.
I like my Axe as it is and if there would be no further updates I would still use it, but I always welcome some new options in a firmware to widen the possibilities.

Last edited:
Don't know if it's been said yet, but you're all missing the obvious.

It's going to be the release of the completed and bug free....

----> AXE-EDIT <----

Back
Top Bottom