Cliff and/or the team: can you confirm that something strange is going on with V10?

Hey Chris, I'm so sorry if I hurt your feelings

No feelings hurt here.

You did explain how you updated it with the bot, and I assumed you were talking to anyone in this thread with a problem that doing so caused the clearing up of any issues, well guess what? You're wrong, maybe in your case but not here Chris. It is not the fix for me so thanks for your input!!!!

I offered validation that in at least one case (mine) that the system does work when updated with Fractal-Bot and the latest firmware updates. I also stated that I have read recently that some problems were solved when the files were loaded with Fractal-Bot as opposed to Axe-Edit. These facts were presented to help determine what the problem may be. With some sort of success rate, one might assume that the tools provided are not completely broken.

Let me repost your first post here in this thread:

My only issue with 10.02 is the TM, and it seems the OP here has also noticed the TM not being as good as before so yet another user added to the list!!!! Not everyone TM's, and specially not everyone who TM's are doing it using isolated tracks. Some are using their mic's and cabs, so again that would reduce the amount of users having issues even more. I'd like to see a poll made that asked "Do you Tm using isolated tracks? Have you noticed any issues with TM in 10.02?" That would show how common it was for people who do TM'ing in that way. This Tm'ing issue is not going to have the same amount of complaints as say the "tuner would" as I am betting that less users who are on this forum TM with Isolated Tracks than use a function like the tuner.

Absolutely no mention of Fractal-Bot, and it was mostly about the Tone Match feature. How could I possibly gather from that statement that you used Fractal-Bot to load the firmware and still have trouble?

Btw you're going on ignore, though you have done some great vids, and are helpful to newb's. I'm not a newb, and your post here is a slight towards someone having clear issues that has done EVERYTHING that one is suppose to do.

That's great that you aren't a newb, but I still don't know what that has to do with me stating the facts I described previously. My post is hardly a slight towards anyone, especially when you didn't mention in this thread that you used Fractal-Bot.

If you said "I used Fractal-Bot and it didn't work" and then I said "Well you must have used it wrong because it worked for me, figure it out" - then I can see how you might have your current opinion. But nothing at all like that was stated.

You seem frustrated and that's ok. But if you are going to acknowledge that I've been helpful to others (newbs only I guess) and then ignore me, I'm not sure you want help at all.

cobbler,

Check out this post, this is the issue those with TM problems are having and what it sounds like.
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-bugs/68463-tma-issues-10-02-a.html

I will play around with it over the weekend and see if I can reproduce. More posts like karmarkarmakarmas in that thread are needed so the guys who test and try to help out have the steps to reproduce. That is why I made the comment about talking in generalities. It wasn't meant to be disrespectful or to say nobody believes but was to say help the helpers as much as you can. And come on guys, if someone says they followed the same steps and it works great for them get a little bit thicker of a skin. That input is needed as well as the ones stating issues. It's what testing is all about.

It happened to me several times with FW10 to sound like an "ant fart". Uploaded with Fractal Bot, used System-Clean.syx, did the unit reset thing, uploaded FW10 presets. Nothing helped but a reupload of FW10. Used MacBook Pro with OsX 10.8.3 over USB. I think I switched between FW9 and FW10 around 50 times. The need to reupload FW10 happened about 4-5 times. Also, several times, after Fractal-Bot finished the FW10 upload, told me I have to repeat the procedure, on the Axe's screen there was the message that usually comes up when you manually enter into FW upgrade mode (of course I didn't do that).
These thing never happened to me on any FW upgrade (Ultra FW5 up to FW11 and AxeII FW5 up to FW9.02).

P.S.: No Axe-Edit involved

It happened to me several times with FW10 to sound like an "ant fart". Uploaded with Fractal Bot, used System-Clean.syx, did the unit reset thing, uploaded FW10 presets. Nothing helped but a reupload of FW10. Used MacBook Pro with OsX 10.8.3 over USB. I think I switched between FW9 and FW10 around 50 times. The need to reupload FW10 happened about 4-5 times. Also, several times, after Fractal-Bot finished the FW10 upload, told me I have to repeat the procedure, on the Axe's screen there was the message that usually comes up when you manually enter into FW upgrade mode (of course I didn't do that).
These thing never happened to me on any FW upgrade (Ultra FW5 up to FW11 and AxeII FW5 up to FW9.02).

P.S.: No Axe-Edit involved

details like this will help to find and solve the problem!

a few issues i got so far:

-presets vary in sound even i didn't make any changes to them
-volume drops from a good level to almost inaudible
-volume difference between amp models is incredibly high

a few issues i got so far:

-presets vary in sound even i didn't make any changes to them
-volume drops from a good level to almost inaudible
-volume difference between amp models is incredibly high

Maybe you are talking about changes in presets after installing fw10?
Because that is to be expected. Amps in fw 10 now all have a default Master setting.
This can cause major level changes. Easily remedied by adjusting Amp Level.

System and parameter resets are recommended anytime you update to a new firmware. I believe its on a sticky, and definitely on the wiki.

Not every time. The firmware release notes will indicate if/when it's necessary.

Although TBH I always reset the system after a upgrade. That's just how I work.

In case of firmware 10 a reset did help some people. Maybe because in some cases Poweramp Simulation wasn't engaged (even though it may have seemed engaged visually). Switching Poweramp Sim. off and on, did solve this. A reset does the same. If your Axe-Fx's output is clipping heavily and it doesn't sound right, try this.

It's also possible people run into a corrupt preset or user cab on their Axe-Fx. This can halt a Backup process. Just clear or overwrite that slot to clear the issue.

Don't use Axe-Edit to update the firmware. Use Fractal-Bot. Speaking for myself, I don't use Axe-Edit for anything except for bulk transfers through Axe-Manage.

Last edited:
Maybe you are talking about changes in presets after installing fw10?

it's really hard to tell what people are talking about.

i know many people are frustrated, but if you take the time to explain when the issues popped up and what you did, we can help solve the problems better.

that said, someone might be saying "nothing sounds good!" and they just mean it's not exactly what they want it to sound like, but it still sounds "good."

i really think the best and only way to solve these issues is to have audio and/or video recordings of what's going on, lists of all gear involved and steps taken before it sounded "bad." as i stated earlier (and it pissed someone off), many are upgrading without these issues. so help us help you solve it!

Only problem I have now is the same one I've had since 9. Occasionally on a patch change something strange happens and the patch gets really loud, then when I re load it it's back to normal. Doesn't happen often ( once every 2 gig is or so). But it is a little frustrating.
BTW. I don't use TM

Only problem I have now is the same one I've had since 9. Occasionally on a patch change something strange happens and the patch gets really loud, then when I re load it it's back to normal. Doesn't happen often ( once every 2 gig is or so). But it is a little frustrating.
BTW. I don't use TM

Do you have any modifiers attached to levels or volumes in any blocks? Are you using scenes?

Hi Chris. I am using Scenes yes. I have 5 per patch, I use the reveal button on the MFC to turn SW 1-5 into the scene selects. But the problem sometimes occurs before I switch scenes on with the reveal button. But also sometimes when I change bank and forget to turn scenes of first. I also have scene revert set to on. Not sure if that is relevant.

Modifier wise I only use a. Volume pedal, which is always parked full on, and only used to lower volumes very occasionally.

Hope this makes sense.

if you can rehearse with the volume pedal unplugged for a while and see if the volume drops like before. so many volume problems happen when the volume block or pedal or whatever somehow is lowered and we don't know it.

Reactions: yek
Hi Chris, the problem is a big volume increase not drop. It did happen once with the vol pedal disconnected.
The sound also tends to be loud and clean. As well.

sorry, i'm working late and i misread. it gets LOUDER hah.

hmm, so it's loud and clean - like, VERY clean as if the whole thing was bypassed? or a less gain sound?

Chris, yes but it's not the same as the bypassed sound, I tried that.

Presets were re built after loading 10, problem occurred in 9 though, Seems to track back to when I started using scenes.

I posted about it in 9 but no one else had seen It, I was hoping it went away in 10 but alas not.

If the tuners eye is to the left instead of the right, try turning the tuning-peg (machine head) on the guitars neck to increase string-pitch !

:lol

Sorry !
I couldn´t resist ......................

:D

I had some wacky behavior happen with 10.00. The display screen went crazy once with random characters and configurations (the Tuner's "Magic 8-Ball" was on the left side of the screen instead of the right for example) and the Axe-Fx would often freeze when I went to certain user presets (I presumed these had become "broken" somehow).

Everything has been fine since installing 10.02, though I have yet to give the Tone-Match another try.

Hey Chris, I'm so sorry if I hurt your feelings, You did explain how you updated it with the bot, and I assumed you were talking to anyone in this thread with a problem that doing so caused the clearing up of any issues, well guess what? You're wrong, maybe in your case but not here Chris. It is not the fix for me so thanks for your input!!!!

Btw you're going on ignore, though you have done some great vids, and are helpful to newb's. I'm not a newb, and your post here is a slight towards someone having clear issues that has done EVERYTHING that one is suppose to do.

Maybe Cliff could make a list here and now of everything one is suppose to do to get this 10.02 to work right on a Axe II that was purchased last summer. I will follow it very very carefully. If that fails, then I'd like to have him offer to let me pay shipping to send it in and he can figure it out, if it's user error though under warranty he can charge me still!!!!!, I don't want to visit this forum with complaints over crap that seems should be working and is for most now that things were fixed in 10.02. And I sure don't want to hear how you or someone else did exactly what I did and have no issues. I just want TM to work as good as it use to.

Someone's certainly going on ignore, but it isn't Katsu-Chris.. You need to work on your people skills chief.

Back
Top Bottom