Cliff and/or the team: can you confirm that something strange is going on with V10?

You know even though most don't agree with how feedback was coming off. I do agree that at this point maybe Cliff should agree to check out his Axe, that IMHO would be best as he can investigate why these problems are occurring with some and not others.

As Cliff has said before, he wants to get to the bottom of it but they can't seem to replicate the problems.

i get the weird phasey thing whenever i take a second pass at the local capture. I then have to get rid of the tm block and start over.

i get the weird phasey thing whenever i take a second pass at the local capture. I then have to get rid of the tm block and start over.

I know this may sound redundant and no offense meant to anyone but can you do a numbered step by step little write up of what you do to recreate it starting from the beginning? It really does make it a lot easier for whoever tries to recreate the issue since we all do things a tad different.

The more people that do this the better too as we can all compare what little differences of approach we all took.

I know this may sound redundant and no offense meant to anyone but can you do a numbered step by step little write up of what you do to recreate it starting from the beginning? It really does make it a lot easier for whoever tries to recreate the issue since we all do things a tad different.

The more people that do this the better too as we can all compare what little differences of approach we all took.

Gladly.

When I did my little TM test I used Fractal Bot to go back to V9. I used an .ogg file of Sad but true as my source.

Went into a blank preset (they were all blank since i did not load in the V9 presets. In the 2nd row, 3rd grid box put an amp block (FAS Modern) and left everything at default. In the 4th grid box but the TM...left everything at default. I used the intro riff for the TM and pressed enter on the last held out chord before the pause into the main riff. I did one TM. I did not rematch it to try and get it closer or anything. No other blocks in the entire grid.

Using Fractal Bot again...I jumped back to V10. Because I have the V10 presets I had to pick one and removed all the blocks so I was working with a completely black preset. I put the Amp and Cab in the exact same locations and again, left everything at default (I reset the amp block). In the TM i used the "Offline" mode. When doing the TM, I hit enter in the exact same spot as I did in V9. Due to the massive level difference, because the FAS Modern in V10 is default at -12, I did the exact same thing, however, I raised the level in the Amp block back to 0 DB and redid the TM the exact same way. Hope this helps.

Rather then making another post I'll keep this one going. Last night I went back to fw9 and for those interested here hows and what I've experienced so far.....

Used fractal-bot to downgrade to fw9, then proceeded to use Midi-ox to load in my fw9 presets banks, everything seemed to work and sound fine. Played around with it for quite awhile, wrote down some advanced settings and decided to try V10 again. Used fractal-bot to load V10.02 ONLY, then used fractal-bot to load in my preset banks. Yes I backed up everything. ;)
Went in and reset the parameter, which I was tired and thought that was a system reset. :roll Anyway, I found out I was having more sound problems then what I thought.

I had all the above. Some presets I'd set the level just right, and days later I would go back to that same preset and it would be clipping bad. I had one preset and dropped in volume so much I could barely hear it and it sounded very muffled. That was really strange.

All the amps in my first upgrade to V10, sounded bright, which I thought sounded normal, too much bass, like the Mesa recto, and the Splawn Nitro..worst one) and too early to tell but apparently a bit hollow, and way loud. Now, some of my presets have changed quite a bit, some better some not so good. I also tried one of the loudest, bass driven amps in my FIRST upgrade, the Splawn Nitro....badass amp btw. Now it seems a bit more normal, that bass that had me clipping seems about right.
I know clipping is normal in V10, but this was way beyond that, and the amps master volume was set at default both times, I didn't change that in my first attempt or this time around.

Like I said maybe I'm speaking too soon, but this is a huge difference and wouldn't have thought it would change so drastically just from a uninstall, reinstall. If something strange or odds comes up I'll just report it back here. As far as the TM, haha.....I want to play without being frustrated and annoy the shit out of Cliff, and myself, so staying away from that for awhile.

Also, forgot to add I thought when you uninstalled then reinstalled all the user cabs 51-100 would be lost? Mine were still loaded.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom