Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will sum dyna-cabs up by saying it makes finding the IR you want fun and interactive versus the daunting prospect of looking at a directory with 1000 files in it to choose the 'right one'. That's why I tended to lean on Vendor's mix IR's. When you find a vendor you feel has a good ear, you can generally trust those to get you where you want to be faster.

TLDR : These are great!

I look forward to seeing the design continue to be polished and improved. We are starting in an awesome place already though.

I Always run firmware refresh every time. My issue was related to dropping a dyna into an existing unused block, left overs probably carried over. Thus Block reset.

Silly quick Question, can we not mix legacy HQ and ultra res and Dyna in the same cab block? Seems no, maybe later!
Extra cab block,,,

Last edited:
I Always run firmware refresh every time. My issue was related to dropping a dyna into an existing unused block, left overs probably carried over. Thus Block reset.

Silly quick Question, can we not mix legacy ultra res and dyna in the same cab block? Seems no, maybe later!
Extra cab block, I know
You could use an IR player for the ultra res ...

You could use an IR player for the ultra res ...
Hey J, I Just have some legacy (yesterday is legacy nowadays) cabs that work, like to mix in a dyna or 2 in the same block for lazyness sake! I love this concept, taking a good IR and taylor it to your sound from the cab ! Mr. Cliff and Co, looking forward to sonic realistic endeavors. kudos!

Last edited:

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Version 22 Introduces Dyna-Cab™ cabinet modeling.

The Cabinet block now has two modes of operation: Legacy and Dyna-Cab. Legacy is the previous style of operation.

Dyna-Cab cabinet modeling allows freely positioning the microphone. We took an approach of quality-over-quantity:

• Dyna-Cab IRs are a full 2048 samples.
  • Mic positions are sampled at a fine spatial resolution.
  • Three mic choices are available: Condenser, Dynamic and Ribbon.
  • All IRs are time-aligned with each other. They have been processed using a new algorithm that ensures alignment without destroying phase information. You can mix-and-match IRs from different cabs/mics and they'll always be perfectly aligned.
The Amp block now features “Auto Dyna-Cab Impedance”. When set to ON the speaker impedance curve of the Amp block will follow the Cabinet Type in the first mixer slot of the associated Cabinet block. I.e., if the Cab Type in the first mixer slot of Cabinet 1 is, say, 4x12 5153 and the Mode is Dyna-Cab then Amp 1’s speaker impedance will automatically be set to 4x12 5153.

Added “Treble Shift” control to Tone page of USA IIC+ models. This is an alias of the “Fat” control found on the Preamp page and performs the same function.

Added clip warning if Input 1 clips.

Fixed side-chain filters not working in Gate block.

Various other fixes and improvements.
I am having problems getting the dyna cabs to load, I can get the syx into Fractal bot but nothing when I hit begin. Not sure if I have updated the fractal bot correctly.

Hey J, I Just have some legacy (yesterday is legacy nowadays) cabs that work, like to mix in a dyna or 2 in the same block for lazyness sake! I love this concept, taking a good IR and taylor it to your sound!
Same. We will see how it all pans out. We are getting ahead of ourselves, though. This beta has only just come out and we are already wanting to add so much. haha

I love the direction that this is going! This is an amazing solution to what was the #1 most difficult part of using a fractal.

I have a suggestion: could we add an option to link amp1 and cab1 channels together? That way, if someone changes the amp to channel B, the cab block switches to B with it?
You can do this easily with scenes (have both change to whatever channel per-scene). Having block channels be dependent on other block's channels sounds like a headache to manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom