Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I also installed the latest firmware and like it a lot so far.
The input clip warning seems to work perfect.
Mind you, most of my guitar pickups are low output. (Filtertrons, strat pups, p90, tele pups)
Input sensitivity is around 50%
Dyna Cab works great and very intuitive.
So far I like the Ribbon mics best. Condenser also works.
SM57 I don't like. But I don't like those either in the Legacy IR's. Maybe in a mix they might work better, I don't know.
I am eagerly waiting for 4x10 cab's to join the list. (5f6a Bassman, Super Reverb,...)
Anyway, Cliff and FAS team, thank you very much for this great firmware update!

I eliminated the boomyness and low rumble with mic placement instead. Move the dynamic away from cab from 1.5 - 2 cm and you will lose the rumble and keep good low end.
That’s the interesting thing; doing that didn’t seem to really reduce it at all. I had to back it away like 7 or more cm to hear a difference in the low end. It was particularly strange to me with the 5153 cabinet; it sounded like everything changed sonically about the tone except the low end until you got really far back. That’s why I may just do a reinstall based on another user’s post that mentioned everything sounded bad until he reinstalled.
I’m not saying it sounds bad though at all; just an observation.

FW 22.xx works with the MK. I. Got it. Thanks. I started going through the 28 pages on this thread and stumbled on it elsewhere too. Same question for probably the same reason. 'Cuz although I don't know exactly what I'm missing, I know I'm missing something because I still ain't over the Ultra Hi-Res IR's and this would've been the one that forced the issue and made me put it on Reverb and grab the MK. II Turbo. Which I know I should do anyway. Because the day will come when the next kickass feature drops and I'll be kicking myself because I can't use it.

You can do this easily with scenes (have both change to whatever channel per-scene). Having block channels be dependent on other block's channels sounds like a headache to manage.
Yes, you can use scenes to change the amp and cab, and use “scene ignore” on other blocks. Takes a bit of work to set up and then that takes away the option to use scenes for other things. A simple “link amp 1 and cab 1 channels” Y/N parameter would be more user friendly for the average joe, and an option that you don’t need to select if it doesn’t work for your setup.

I am having problems getting the dyna cabs to load, I can get the syx into Fractal bot but nothing when I hit begin. Not sure if I have updated the fractal bot correctly.
You should be referencing the post immediately above that…

Follow these steps exactly …

INSTRUCTIONS. FOLLOW CAREFULLY!!!
-------------------------------------------------

1. Download new Fractal-Bot:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/fractal-bot/beta/Fractal-Bot-v3p00p16-b1.zip

Extract the appropriate version for your operating system from the archive.

2. Download firmware files:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/22p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_22p00_beta6.zip

Extract the firmware .syx file and the dyna_cabs.syx file from the archive.

3. Install the the new firmware as usual. After rebooting you will see a warning that the Dyna-Cab data is not installed. Press Exit.

4. Install the Dyna-Cab data. Be sure to use the new Fractal-Bot from step #1. Drag-and-drop dyna_cabs.syx onto Fractal-Bot as you would a firmware image. Send the data. Reboot when instructed.

Make triple-sure you are running the new, updated, Fractal-Bot, not just that you downloaded it. The embedded Fractal-Bot inside Edit is not the same, and older Fractal-Bot versions are not compatible.

Make triple-sure you are running the new, updated, Fractal-Bot, not just that you downloaded it. The embedded Fractal-Bot inside Edit is not the same, and older Fractal-Bot versions are not compatible.
The new Axe Edit III 1.13.00 Release Notes shows support for Dyna Cab and the new Fractal-Bot so I installed it and used the embedded Fractal-Bot to install the Firmware 22 and Dyna Cab files without any issues. I did have Fractal-Bot 3.0.16 installed on my computer before installing the new AE III, but that shouldn't have mattered, or am I mistaken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom