Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is big!!!! a game changer. changed to neck pick up, too boomy? leave all amp, eq etc settings as it is...move the mic around for 2-3 seconds...boom, there it is. an authentic and also unique tone, which now also works for the neck pick up. and all the amp break up, distortion characteristics are left as they are.

Huge thanks to Rock - followed his instructions and now happy as all the other fine folks here - YES :) its great Yahoo - Thank you Fractal Geniuses

Rock Chaulk posted this:

Ok. true story.......some may remember I posted back on like page 6 of this thread how all the Dyna-Cabs sounded reverbery.....well, all
this time I'm hearing everybody gush about how easy it is to dial, and how good it sounds, and I'm thinking "what is wrong here...why can't anybody hear this mess I'm hearing?"........

So, I've been waiting for one of the usual suspects...lol...to post a preset with the Dyna-Cabs, and lo and behold @Burgs posts one up this morning, and there it was.....sounded horrible on my Axe!!!! I knew then something was up......so I re-installed 21.04, deleted the 22.00 files I downloaded the first day, went and got them again, re-did the whole process outlined in the first post, and what do you know......everything sounds glorious with
the Dyna-Cabs now.......YES!!!

Something to note though was this.....even though I went back to 21.04, when I re-installed 22.00 and re-booted, I did not get the warning about not having the Dyna-Cabs......I went ahead and sent the new Dyna-Cab file anyway, and it took like three times longer for it to install this time, than it did the other day...don't know. All I can say is......I am one happy Axe-Fxer now!!!

Have tons of payware IR's but my go to is ML Sound Lab's Best IR - its great
Absolutely 100%. That cab is insanely good. The mids in it are so satisfying. The MEGA Green is the same cab with Greenbacks and is easily the best Greenback sound I’ve ever heard. I’d be the happiest person in the world if that cab were to someday make it to the Dyna-cabs.

Hi all. I had the day off of work today to await delivery of an ESP E-ii Eclipse with EMGs in. It was delivered about 5pm here. I installed the beta this morning and have enjoyed playing with it much of the day with my 90's LP Studio with stock pickups (was originally planning to spring clean the garage which didn't happen due to the firmware dropping on us :)). No matter what I did I could not get the clip warning to appear. That was on an 80% sensitivity level. Plugging in and playing the ESP with the active pickups I could play relatively normally but to not get the warning when REALLY digging in I have had to lower it to 12%.
My ESP Eclipse with EMGs responds just as yours.

Q: Is it possible to do off-axis settings with the microphone placements?

I am waiting for the full release.

Many of us have bought so many third party IRS that we have filled up our user cab banks. Some of us have shot IRs of our own favorite cabs to use. Most of us have found some combination of factory cabs and user cabs that give us what we need. We have everything dialed in to the best of our ability, and are happy with our sounds.

I hated the process of auditioning thousands of cabs, but I have already done it and found what works for me.

The good news is that we still have all of that, but now we will have dyna-cabs in addition. We can use the dyna-cabs when and where they sound better, and use our favorite factory cabs or user cabs where those sound better to us.

It looks like the dyna-cabs will make it way easier for relatively new users to quickly dial in the sounds they prefer, and for old users to possibly get even better sounds than what they are currently using in some cases.

Anyone notice if you mute Legacy cab slot and go back to Dynacab slot its muted also

Why I mention it is indeed the switch on left on AXE Edit menu to choose Legacy or Dynacab insures you are on one or the other - wanted to make sure I wasnt hearing original ML Labs IR cab that was already there

I think it just speaks to the quality of the YA IRs.
My go to cab for years has been Leon Todd’s LTTV2. I can’t get the 4x12 TV dynacab to sound anywhere near as good as that no matter where I move the dots.

Relaaaaaaaaax. It's the early days.

It's like the child hasn't even born yet and you're looking at career choices. Enjoy the early times and trust that the future holds great potential.

DynaCab™ technology will go far and grow wide.

DynaCab™ technology will go far and grow wide.
Third party DynaCab™s ( :grinning: ) implies user slots for said DynaCab™s. I'm very curious how many slots there will be (I'm not assuming that you can answer right now). Because I am already mentally compiling a list of DynaCab™s that would separate me from my money.

I am plugged with a mogami cable straight into the front. I have a Nash T57 and a PRS Silver Sky, McCarty 594, and Fiore. All of these clip out if I turn it above 9. I think the highest ouput is the 594 bridge with measures 7.9 ohms.
Very strange, I plugged in today and twiddled the input AD. Now I can go up to 40% without clipping. I wonder what is up.

AFX3 Turbo user here.
I installed today beta version, on "normal" Cab block I can't see User3 library (for full IRS) anymore, only with IR Player block it works.
Is it normal?

I found this out, I always used None as cab preamp. Dyna defaulted to vintage and Drive/SAT were at Noon, 3 band EQ was off center. Yuk, had to find,,, and fix that. I Still like None or Transformer pre. So far not able to quite peg my legacy 1 12 Delux Verb cab. But I see the possibilities! I'll try to wean off H and L cuts, not there yet. Thanks Fractal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom